Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-07-2017, 01:41 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SB
State: Kentucky
THOR #5426
Send a message via Skype™ to nite71
Thor Super C Owners

It seems like threads are hard to find about subjects dealing with the Thor Super C models. Specifically, we purchased a 2017 Chateau 35SB (bunkhouse) this past October. We are very happy with it even after the shake out. We were moving up from a Thor Four Winds 31A. The step up to a diesel is phenomenal!

I'd really just like to hear from other Super C owners and understand their trials, tribulations, revelations & good ideas that go along with owning this type of an RV.

2017 Chateau 35SB
2011 Ranger Crew 800
nite71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:49 AM   #2

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Arizona
THOR #5028
I have a chateau 35sf. So far we are liking it but we have had a few warranty issues. One thing to watch is the front cap . It seems to be structurally weak and I know of my own and another that had stress cracks repaired. Gotta love that diesel though!
Old 06-10-2017, 06:49 PM   #3
Edk

Model: Chateau 35sk
State: Connecticut
THOR #7856
We have purchased 2016 Chateau sk last November. We have been out twice with it. So far I have upgrade the coach batteries, and slot of small repairs. Got a appointment with the factory in July hopefully they can help with other problems. Bottom line though we like it, especially the Ford chassis.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:37 PM   #4

THOR #5426
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffluff View Post
I have a chateau 35sf. So far we are liking it but we have had a few warranty issues. One thing to watch is the front cap . It seems to be structurally weak and I know of my own and another that had stress cracks repaired. Gotta love that diesel though!
We have had our share of the miscellaneous warranty issues. I thought about that with the front cap but have not seen any issues yet. Just crossed the 2000 mile mark but we're leaving for Miramar Beach Florida in two weeks. We'll see how she does!

2017 Chateau 35SB
2011 Ranger Crew 800
Old 06-12-2017, 10:38 PM   #5

THOR #5426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edk View Post
We have purchased 2016 Chateau sk last November. We have been out twice with it. So far I have upgrade the coach batteries, and slot of small repairs. Got a appointment with the factory in July hopefully they can help with other problems. Bottom line though we like it, especially the Ford chassis.
Can I ask why you felt the need to upgrade the batteries?

2017 Chateau 35SB
2011 Ranger Crew 800
Old 06-12-2017, 10:51 PM   #6
Edk

Model: Chateau 35sk
State: Connecticut
THOR #7856
The fridge would only last couple hrs on the original batteries, so went to check the specific gravity of the cells found the forward battery right 3 cells dry. Guess the dealer never checked them.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #7

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Arizona
THOR #5028
Battery's

We had the same issue with the batteries, after being in shop for a few weeks, checked batteries when I got home and several cells were dry. I think the problem is even when it's set to STORE, there is still residual power draw. I think I'll be adding switches directly on the batteries so that off is off!