Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2019, 03:50 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany xte 34st
State: California
THOR #3021
Thor Tuscany XTE 34st large slide support

I have had my large slide worked on repeatedly. It is currently sliding in and out, however once I level the rig (using the auto leveler, confirmed with manual level) the large slide seems to drop slightly when it is extended. While this may seem petty, it is impossible to level anything on the stove or counter.
Do any of use use a slide brace?
Thanks

Old 06-10-2019, 10:45 AM   #2

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I'm sure you've seen other discussions surrounding the idea of 'shoring up' any slide rooms while parked, but the idea of actually trying to change the level of the slide is a different story, as that would entail more of a 'jacking up' of the slide, possibly creating a situation where the pressure would damage the slide mechanism.

While it's possible that the slide is working fine, it sounds like it may need some adjustment so that the 'drop' is not so severe, or at all.

It seems as most slides have some sort of 'tilt' or unlevel movement while retracting and extracting, like on ours, though we don't notice any major unlevel'ness' when the slide action is complete, or even when it's not fully extracted - but we also have the electric slide rail system, and not a hydraulic one.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:23 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kminor28 View Post
......cut...... It is currently sliding in and out, however once I level the rig (using the auto leveler, confirmed with manual level) the large slide seems to drop slightly when it is extended. .....cut.....
When you “confirmed with manual level” did you check both the slide itself and the rest of the coach separately before and after extending the slide?

I would do that first to determine whether the slide is “dropping” or whether it’s the entire coach that is rotating slightly on the jacks because of shift in center of gravity as you open slide.

For example, even a small amount of air in hydraulic jacks may allow the motorhome to pivot down under added weight on that side. Before I’d try to fix the problem, I’d want to know what is actually happening and what’s causing it.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:00 AM   #4

Model: Tuscany xte 34st
State: California
THOR #3021
Thanks

My thanks for the advice! It does appear that the slide is not only dropping slightly when it is extended, it is also slightly tilting my coach. It also appears my jack hydraulic reservoir is extruding fluid every time the jacks are extended and then retracted. It is scheduled for service at the dealer (again, for the same issues..)