Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2019, 06:26 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #16309
Thor Vegas 4,000 miles howls like coyote

Triton V10
It happens when we slow down.
Sometimes it sounds like an owl... hooo, hooo.
It does it with the A/C off, and does it when we turn off the motor.

What should we tell ford?

Old 08-21-2019, 08:21 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
well this is an odd one.

So it does it once when you turn off the AC or the engine... then it stops? No more sound? More of a squeak? Did you open you hood and find an Owl yet?

Check your serpentine belt or acc. belt to AC. They will slip or squeak out some strange sounds sometime.

You can also apply belt dressing to help with squeaks ......as long as the belts are not too tight or loose.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:24 AM   #3

Model: Quantum RS26
State: Texas
THOR #12938
Sounds like a similar problem we had on our Coachmen class A. It turned out be an accoustic air/wind problem rather than mechanical/electrical. Howled like crazy. Never found an adequate or permanent cure. Turns out it was air passing through the gap between the engine hood and the front cap. Coming back from the Rockies one trip the howling was driving me insane when I got the idea it sounded like someone blowing across the top of a Coke bottle. I stopped and took a roll of duct tape and taped over the entire gap around the hood and front cap. Voila! Problem solved! From that point on I experimented with various types of weather stripping never finding one that would stay on permanently. But at least I was satisfied knowing the root cause.

Tags
howls, triton v10