Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2017, 05:24 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 22 GOC (aka 22E)
State: Alberta
THOR #7302
2014Freedom Elite 23H cable connection??

Anyone know if the 2014 Thor Freedom Elite 23H came prewired for a cable TV connection? Where do we plug it into campground cable? If so does anyone know where the connection is? I have a Sanyo TV with built in DVD and a dash mounted Pioneer DVD Radio full time rear camera rig.

Currently sitting in a beachfront campground at Crescent City CA in a howling gale. The Freedom Elite is rocking in the wind and I am watching an old DVD of Major League. Glad I am not in a tent or a fifth wheel. Second gale in 4 days. Last was in Hope BC and trees were flying all around. 50 to 60 mph winds Tuesday night. This a 3 week shakedown trip for the RV I bought in Florida May 2nd, and drove 3000 miles home. At this point I have been on the road since last Saturday and encountered my first ever campground with cable TV feed.

Rocky listening to old beach boys cds in the drive to the coast...

normally in Northern Alberta

Old 05-26-2017, 10:04 AM   #2

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Texas
THOR #1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky49 View Post
Anyone know if the 2014 Thor Freedom Elite 23H came prewired for a cable TV connection? Where do we plug it into campground cable? If so does anyone know where the connection is? I have a Sanyo TV with built in DVD and a dash mounted Pioneer DVD Radio full time rear camera rig.

Currently sitting in a beachfront campground at Crescent City CA in a howling gale. The Freedom Elite is rocking in the wind and I am watching an old DVD of Major League. Glad I am not in a tent or a fifth wheel. Second gale in 4 days. Last was in Hope BC and trees were flying all around. 50 to 60 mph winds Tuesday night. This a 3 week shakedown trip for the RV I bought in Florida May 2nd, and drove 3000 miles home. At this point I have been on the road since last Saturday and encountered my first ever campground with cable TV feed.

Rocky listening to old beach boys cds in the drive to the coast...

normally in Northern Alberta
our 23U had the cable connection inside the bay that holds the power cable....kinda hard to reach.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:01 AM   #3

State: Colorado
THOR #6286
It should be located in the same box as your power cord for shore power. You might not have a cable so you will have to get one. I have a 23u and it's straight up on the inside of the electrical compartment. I know, I'm a little late but didn't see a reply so thought I'd chime in. Cheers

Ahh, just saw that you did get a reply from another 23u owner. I'll still leave this message in agreement.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:11 AM   #4

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
We have a 23U and 009 and Rip are correct its in the main power cord box mine is on the top. Make sure you turn the antenna boost off or the cable wont work. Sorry another late reply.