Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-28-2020, 11:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #17937
Tvs no power

I have a Thor outlaw 29h. I just bought it and can not get the tv’s to work . I have no power to the three outlets.I have tied with the engine on , the generator running and connected to shore power . I have checked the breakers , and the outside fuse on the inverter . What am I missing? I have power to everything else.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-28-2020, 11:43 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
GFCI outlet in the bathroom? Batteries in the remotes?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:01 AM   #3

THOR #17937
Bathroom outlet is fine . Batteries in remote don’t control power to outlets . Thanks though
Old 01-29-2020, 01:20 AM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Inverter turned on?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:28 AM   #5

THOR #17937
Yes it on
Old 01-29-2020, 01:46 AM   #6

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russruss View Post
Yes it on
Start at the inverter with a volt meter. Look for 12 volts input. 120 volts output. Follow the wiring thru every outlet it supplies. remove any outlets. Check every j-box.

Is the fridge on the inverter?
Old 01-29-2020, 02:49 AM   #7

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
Sounds like the inverter problem. The inverter has a internal transfer relay. When it sees shore power (or generator) , the relay operates and passes the 120 to the outlets. The inverter can be off or on .
With no external 120v the inverter should should send it’s own 120 to the outlets thru the non operated internal relay.

What does the inverter panel by the door tell you? On shore power, you will only see the battery voltage. Off power you should be able to page thru volts, amps etc.

Also my rig kills the power to the main tv and dvd in door overhead when the ignition key is on. Garage and outdoor tv is not affected. I have not yet located that circuit because I love to have passengers watch a dvd on the road.
Old 12-20-2023, 04:03 AM   #8

THOR #31483
Any update?

I just bought a 2017 and am having this issue did you figure out the issue?
Old 12-20-2023, 02:03 PM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holecekj View Post
I just bought a 2017 and am having this issue did you figure out the issue?

You might wish to create a new thread with description of your issue. The OP (Original Poster) has not responded in almost 4 years. 01-28-2020, 07:28 PM

Who knows what happened, he never answered the question about whether the batteries were good in remote? or the actual voltage at the inverter etc.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 09:49 PM   #10

THOR #31483
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
You might wish to create a new thread with description of your issue. The OP (Original Poster) has not responded in almost 4 years. 01-28-2020, 07:28 PM

Who knows what happened, he never answered the question about whether the batteries were good in remote? or the actual voltage at the inverter etc.
Well I figure it out! It was a bad outlet. Mine was the garage outlet. Stopped the rest from getting power since they are on same line.
Old 12-21-2023, 10:00 PM   #11

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holecekj View Post
Well I figure it out! It was a bad outlet. Mine was the garage outlet. Stopped the rest from getting power since they are on same line.
Great this is where so many say to pull out the voltmeter and keep going upstream

I actually have a simple device like this https://www.lowes.com/pd/Klein-Tools...B&gclsrc=aw.ds that I keep on a non inverter line (plug) in the RV to give me a visual if the Generator is on or off while driving. We can't hear if the Genny is on or see the LED that it is on, we can otherwise only go by if we think we are too cold because the AC also likely be on.

It could easily be use to verify power upstream without the Voltmeter.

I imagine the OP had something similar or even easier (like no batteries in the remote) and never came back. Thanks for your follow up
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 02:25 AM   #12

State: Washington
THOR #27589
Try tripping and resetting the GFI in the bathroom. I have a Delano and the tv quit when we had a power surge one camping trip. It took the tech. Four try’s to reset the GFI.

Smokeploe