Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-27-2016, 03:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #6026
Upgrading seats in a Freedom Elite?

We are looking at seat options for our Freedom Elite22FE. We want to buy Flex steel leather, heated seats with swivel and slide options. We are not sure what will work and what won't work. We are cutting away the back of the dinette behind the drivers side so the driver can recline or slide farther back as needed. We want the swivel for the passenger side so I can use it as an extra seat when parked, by swiveling around and facing the cabin. The Coachman had seats that did this and the cab looked the same as the FE.

Has anyone found problems with changing the seats?

Old 12-27-2016, 04:30 PM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
Everything I have read or watched on Youtube about converting the seats to swivel said you have to open the passenger door to swivel that side and the driver side interferes with the steering wheel and back side of the bulkhead and can not swivel. Noted you are moving the bulkhead behind the driver so it might work there. If you go to youtube, search for van swivel seat, you should find some info.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:34 PM   #3

THOR #6026
Thank you, great deals.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:19 AM   #4

THOR #6026
We solved it with a steel plate that fits up against the rise and 3 in. Toward the center. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170226_164357.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	4077Click image for larger version

Name:	20170226_164310.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	4078Click image for larger version

Name:	20170226_164221.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	4079Click image for larger version

Name:	20170226_163302.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	4080
Old 01-31-2020, 12:34 AM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
State: South Carolina
THOR #17957
Hi Rhonda,
I saw your post about the swivel seat, and was wondering if you can give me a little more input on how you accomplished this. Also, where did you purchase the swivel seat, and/or what brand is it. I appreciate any help you can give me.
Thank you,
Erik
Old 01-31-2020, 03:07 AM   #6

THOR #6026
We added Swivel Seats to the FE22 as per past posts

Erik, We bought heated leather, reclining, swivel seats and the info is on our previous posts. I can't remember if it was seats4cars or something like that. It was a great choice.
We removed our dinette and built in an L-shaped sofa. We built plates that allowed us to move the seats back toward the living space 3" and the passenger seat is moved closer to the center. I can turn my seat around without having to open the door to do it, and it gives us an extra seating space when parked. We made a rolling side table that we use to eat on and we can roll it out of the way or lower it for a leg rest. I will try to post photos on our next trip. I made insulated roman shades for the window behind the couch, and that drastically cuts down on hot or cold drafts. We also added an insulated quilted cover for the front that wraps around to the side windows. It makes a huge difference, and it has Velcro fasteners.
I am having a hard time remembering all of our add-ons, but you can see our past posts. We spent more updating our RV than we did to our home.
We also added plywood cutouts over the dividers behind the driver and passenger seats. Then we screwed in wall storage containers to hold remotes, magazines, nik naks.