Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-04-2015, 03:00 PM   #1
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Upside Down Flag installed by Thor

Took delivery of my Challenger 37ND and found a surprise. The manufactures label on the front sunscreen/shade includes an upside down flag when the shade is in the partially down (driving) position. This is visible to everyone walking in front of the coach and at a distance of 25 feet.

I realize Thor buys these shades from a vendor, however, Thor is the installer, quality control, and more importantly, the Thor logo is on display with a factory installed upside down flag on the front of the coach. I have not looked at the other shades in the coach to see if they have the same problem.

Question to all you Thor owners with the power shades in the front, have you looked at yours from the outside when it is in the driving position?

I have attached a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thor Flag.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	196  

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:29 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
I have a curtain but this goes to show they slap these things together! Funny though - thanks for sharing!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:24 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Its the same way on our Axis. Its not upside-down if you stand in the coach and bend over the shade to look at it when the shade is down! Looked perfectly normal to me
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:58 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Update

The solution, as presented by Irvine Shade and Door, replace the stickers.

Irvine Shade set me a strip of stickers to replace the upside down ones they installed on the shades.

According to them the stickers are correctly visible when the shades are installed in a certain manner. Think about that for a moment. Using their logic the shade would have to be installed so that it was closed by drawing the shade up rather than down. Has anyone seen a coach where the shades are closed by an upward draw?
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:37 AM   #5

State: Florida
THOR #943
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Took delivery of my Challenger 37ND and found a surprise. The manufactures label on the front sunscreen/shade includes an upside down flag when the shade is in the partially down (driving) position. This is visible to everyone walking in front of the coach and at a distance of 25 feet.

I realize Thor buys these shades from a vendor, however, Thor is the installer, quality control, and more importantly, the Thor logo is on display with a factory installed upside down flag on the front of the coach. I have not looked at the other shades in the coach to see if they have the same problem.

Question to all you Thor owners with the power shades in the front, have you looked at yours from the outside when it is in the driving position?

I have attached a picture.
Yup!!! It is upside down. Ours has been noticed by others walking by, but we just explain that is another one of Thors proof of poor quality control. It's nice of Irvine Shades to replace the stickers, but it never should have been accepted by Thor like that in the first place never the less installed. Sad, Sad, Sad.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:51 AM   #6

Model: Freedom Elite
State: Florida
THOR #1616
I would cover it up if I couldn't get stickers. That is just wrong.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:26 AM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Yeah because we all know a flag upside down indicates a distress call so we wouldn't want people in the campground to get the wrong idea!
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:15 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
I believe that there is a conspiracy underfoot by Irvine Shade and Door to overthrow the U.S. Government!

The sign of their intent is the upside down flag placed on their products!

Only a true patriot, (or Marine, Eagle Scout, Elk, 5th grader), would notice the hidden sign! Good eye!!