Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-24-2019, 04:59 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #13966
Amazing job

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Here's a website for Winegard RV TV Antenna. Does the antenna on the roof of your RV look like this? If so, that website has operating instructions.

http://www.winegard.com/help/images/2/2c/2452370.pdf
Ed,
Just down;oaded your manual for our Vegas. You did an amazing job. That manual is a must for every Vegas owner.
Jeff Strait

Old 06-26-2019, 10:26 PM   #42

Model: ACE 30.2
State: California
THOR #14308
One of the problems i have found with the winegard way to scan is if you are looking for a specific channel and you use the TV's auto scan channel setup to find your channel, if the antenna is not pointed in the right direction, the auto scan may not even find the channel. If it does, then you can use the signal strength indicator to find the best antenna orientation for best reception. If at the completion of the scan, your channel is not on the found list you have to move the antenna and re-scan. On some TV's you can manually add a channel. Not sure if our TV's allow this. If not, then you have to re-scan at different antenna rotations. Not the end of the world, but the scans take time.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:18 PM   #43

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
THOR #15054
So, I've had a few spare minutes to play around with my antenna these past couple days. If I put it in the "travel" position (dial rotated all the way to the left), the antenna is pointed straight to the right, the passenger side of the vehicle. This in itself seems a bit odd, but that's what it is. If I now turn the dial all the way to the right as far as it will go, the antenna on the roof only turns about 45 degrees towards the front of the vehicle. Again, not what I was expecting, based upon others' experiences.

Does this match up to what yours does?
Old 06-26-2019, 11:32 PM   #44
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
So, I've had a few spare minutes to play around with my antenna these past couple days. If I put it in the "travel" position (dial rotated all the way to the left), the antenna is pointed straight to the right, the passenger side of the vehicle. This in itself seems a bit odd, but that's what it is. If I now turn the dial all the way to the right as far as it will go, the antenna on the roof only turns about 45 degrees towards the front of the vehicle. Again, not what I was expecting, based upon others' experiences.

You should get at least 180 degrees of rotation in order to point the antenna to receive channels from all directions (360 degrees).
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:34 PM   #45

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:

I don’t have a Vegas but I do have the same antenna. I marked the travel position with a sharpie. I can move it to the left or the right about half way. So the little dot I put on the part that moves ends up in about the same position no matter if I turn it to the left or the right. I have an app on my phone that shows me where the tv channels are. I just move it to the channel I want and do a search on the tv. Works fine for me.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:50 PM   #46

THOR #15054
OK, strike that last statement of mine. I was confused by what I was seeing from ground level. It is indeed spinning around in an almost 360 degree circle.

However, I am still just wondering if the "travel" position should be with the flat part of the antenna facing to the right. It seems like this would cause more air turbulence for the fingers of the antenna as you travel, but that's just a guess.

Thanks for those of you trying to help. This newb appreciates it.

t
Old 06-26-2019, 11:56 PM   #47

THOR #14120
Quote:
OK, strike that last statement of mine. I was confused by what I was seeing from ground level. It is indeed spinning around in an almost 360 degree circle.

However, I am still just wondering if the "travel" position should be with the flat part of the antenna facing to the right. It seems like this would cause more air turbulence for the fingers of the antenna as you travel, but that's just a guess.

Thanks for those of you trying to help. This newb appreciates it.

t

Sorry I didn’t answer your question. I may not be correct but I travel with the smallest part facing forward. Someone told me that was correct. He was drinking a Manhattan at the time so you may want to take that into consideration.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:17 AM   #48

THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
Sorry I didn’t answer your question. I may not be correct but I travel with the smallest part facing forward. Someone told me that was correct. He was drinking a Manhattan at the time so you may want to take that into consideration.
Yeah, that's not where mine is.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:22 AM   #49

THOR #14120
Not sure why that is. When mine is (about) in the middle the small part of the antenna is facing forward.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:39 AM   #50

Model: Axis 27.7
State: California
THOR #17468
#1 on the instructions say:
Ensure the antenna power supply is in the “ON”
position and the green indicator light is illuminated

But where is that indicator.?
Old 03-13-2020, 09:05 AM   #51

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by WmJSheffler View Post
#1 on the instructions say:
Ensure the antenna power supply is in the “ON”
position and the green indicator light is illuminated

But where is that indicator.?
It is likely in one of two places.

First, look at the wall plates that have the TV co-ax cable connectors. One of the panels will have a very small black button and there will be a green LED indicating whether it is off or one.

There could also be a wall plate without a co-ax connector that just has the small black button and the LED.

I have had two coaches and one had the first option and my current coach has the second option. In both cases the wall plate was in one of the cabinets.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:45 AM   #52

Brand: Jayco
Model: Precept 31UL
State: Tennessee
THOR #14508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
It is likely in one of two places.

First, look at the wall plates that have the TV co-ax cable connectors. One of the panels will have a very small black button and there will be a green LED indicating whether it is off or one.

There could also be a wall plate without a co-ax connector that just has the small black button and the LED.

I have had two coaches and one had the first option and my current coach has the second option. In both cases the wall plate was in one of the cabinets.

Yup, and ours (A.C.E. 29.3) is in a cabinet over the dinette, and the light is obscured - have to be a contortionist to see it!