Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #21
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I used a Goodyear Commercial Tire and Service Center:
Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers | Service Excellence – Always

(I'm not affiliated with them, just got good service and its a place to start with if you have no idea. Of course I don't see any in North Carolina though...sigh)

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:31 AM   #22

Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
For sure, get an alignment. Thor does not re-align the front-end geometry after mounting the coach body on the stretched E-350 chassis. The stripped chassis comes from the factory within alignment specs, but adding all that weight, and stretching the chassis makes re-alignment mandatory for a good, safe handling coach. My Vegas was way out of alignment when I had it checked. I am also having a continued issue with driveline vibration, which will shorten the life of the u-joints, of which there are six, carrier bearings, of which there are two, and possible tranny damage from the excessive vibration. Mor/Ryde, who stretches the chassis of the Vegas and Axis, for Thor, replaced one driveshaft already, but the vibration remains. I am talking to Mor/Ryde to address this problem under warranty. Seems ridiculous to have such issues with a new motorhome, doesn't it? If you have a vibration which you can feel in the drivers seat, go to a good driveline/driveshaft balance shop for a diagnostic. There are lots of shops like this around, you mjust have to search for them by asking around. Mostly truck repair shops require the services of these guys. It is a specialized skill and equipment they offer. Most dealer service departments do not test, diagnose, or repair driveshafts. They can install them, if necessary, but cannot not balance or check for run-out or other driveshaft problems.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:34 AM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
David,

Thanks for the recommendation. I have a mechanic that now is the manager for a Tire Store here, I'll take your recommendations to him and track down a shop that can handle the work.

I have been trying for a week now to figure how to get the Video display from the Vehicle system (the Axxera AV614BH "radio") to the Monitors in the back. THe "Radio" will play a DVD on the tiny screen but is not hooked up to any of the monitors/TV's in the coach. The wiring diagram shows video out 1 and video out 2 on the back. Anyone know why they are not hooked up?

Doc MIke
NCNG Retired

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:09 PM   #24
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike
Anyone know why they are not hooked up?
Because Thor is lazy.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:02 PM   #25
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
David,

Thanks for the recommendation. I have a mechanic that now is the manager for a Tire Store here, I'll take your recommendations to him and track down a shop that can handle the work.

I have been trying for a week now to figure how to get the Video display from the Vehicle system (the Axxera AV614BH "radio") to the Monitors in the back. THe "Radio" will play a DVD on the tiny screen but is not hooked up to any of the monitors/TV's in the coach. The wiring diagram shows video out 1 and video out 2 on the back. Anyone know why they are not hooked up?

Doc MIke
NCNG Retired
Dumb question here

Did Thor by any chance start installing a separate DVD player for the coach in the 2016 models?

The reason I ask is my Challenger has an RCA DVD player connected through an AV switch to all of the coach televisions. When they delivered the coach the DVD player output was connected to one of the four output ports on the switch rather than to an input port on the switch.

If that is not the case then I agree with Jamie, laziness or quite possibly your AV equipment was installed late Friday afternoon or on a hangover induced Monday morning.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:44 PM   #26
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Ok here is a better guess for the reason: Until recently Thor installed the Jensen JRV-212 in all the Vegas/Axis units. The 212 cannot playback a DVD and thus has no video out to connect to a second TV.
When they upgraded the radio to the Axxera they probably just made enough changes to make it work without realizing (or taking advantage of) the extra features--ok yeah so my initial joke is probably accurate: laziness.

When I did my upgrade to the JRV-215 I noticed that it also has controls and outputs for a 2nd video display. I had briefly thought about connecting that to the TV above the door but I was hindered by the same thing Thor was: laziness--I simply didn't have the ambition to run video/audio cables from the front radio spot all the way up inside the walls to the TV (it probably wouldn't have been that bad: run the cables up the passenger A-pillar which is quite hollow and then through the roof to the TV).
Old 06-08-2015, 12:12 PM   #27

THOR #2142
Jamie,

I've been thinking of how to hook the two together. With the A-Pillars being hollow that starts the fix...when you say through the roof you mean under the roof but above the ceiling?

Has anyone connected all the electronics and TV's with wireless WiFi and something like Chromecast?

DocMike

Old 06-08-2015, 01:33 PM   #28
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Yeah I mean under the roof but above the ceiling. It looks like its all filled with styrofoam so you'd either have to find a channel or drill one.

I have a Chromecast connected to our TV. The limitation of the Chromecast (and an Apple TV) is that they need to be able to connect to a WiFi network with internet access to work. So far I haven't been able to get our Chromecast to connect up to any campground WiFi (it was either too slow, had an unsupported authentication scheme, or something else). About the only way I'm able to use the Chromecast is set my iPad up as a WiFi hotspot and have the Chromecast stream through that (which also requires my phone to also be on that WiFi network to be able to setup the Chromecast).

Strangely enough, on our last camping trip people a few campsites away from our Camper got better signal from the WiFi network the Chromecast sets up than they did from the campground's network!
Old 06-08-2015, 06:55 PM   #29

THOR #2142
Jamie,

My son has found a Nyrius ARIES Prime Digital Wireless HDMI Transmitter & Receiver System. It sets up a 30ft (diameter?) WiFi hot spot. It's a bit pricey so we are still shopping around.''

DocMike

Old 06-08-2015, 07:19 PM   #30
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Yeah that is a bit pricey..cool gadget though.