Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Brands and Products > Thor Motor Coach | Class A, Class B+ & Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-14-2018, 07:33 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 24FE
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7
THOR #9382
Vent replaced with fan

I have a 24FE class C, it has three vents but no power fan except a small one in the bathroom. Thor said there is no wiring installed and to pick up a lead from a light. That would mean that the light would have to be on to run the fan. Has anyone installed a power fan in a Class C?
__________________

__________________
patz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:00 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Hittntherooad's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30.1
State: North Carolina
Posts: 322
THOR #3952
Does the light have a wall switch or do you turn it on at the light. Most have a wall switch and switch in the light. You can turn the wall switch on and operate the light from the switch on the light. The fan has its own switch.
__________________

__________________
Ace 30.1
Hittntherooad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:27 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 24FE
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7
THOR #9382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittntherooad View Post
Does the light have a wall switch or do you turn it on at the light. Most have a wall switch and switch in the light. You can turn the wall switch on and operate the light from the switch on the light. The fan has its own switch.
I will have to check I think they are flush mounted LED lights without a switch on them.
__________________
patz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:49 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
dcbenny's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River GTS 2800QSF
State: Florida
Posts: 452
THOR #5326
Looked at a video is it in the bedroom if so it looks like there is a TV near it you can plug in a 12v transformer in that outlet to feed power and a inline switch
__________________
Don & Liz B.
Pink Retired Greyhound
Forest River
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:11 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22FE
State: Washington
Posts: 270
THOR #8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
Looked at a video is it in the bedroom if so it looks like there is a TV near it you can plug in a 12v transformer in that outlet to feed power and a inline switch
Video? Where is there a video of this? Please share if you can, I'd be interested as I own same rig as O.P.
__________________
steve76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:49 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Hittntherooad's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30.1
State: North Carolina
Posts: 322
THOR #3952
Quote:
Originally Posted by patz View Post
I will have to check I think they are flush mounted LED lights without a switch on them.
If don’t have a switch on them, then yes, light will need to be on. It’s possible you could mount a micro push button switch to turn the light off and on when using the fan. I installed a pull chain in our bathroom for the fan because my wife couldn’t reach the fan switch. Kept calling me to cut it off and on. I left the original switch in place which could be used for a light.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C5FC05AF-4201-4F59-BCB1-400C1929D69B.jpeg
Views:	157
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	9036  
__________________
Ace 30.1
Hittntherooad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:51 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Hittntherooad's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30.1
State: North Carolina
Posts: 322
THOR #3952
Picture of the original switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C01D8D83-9605-49AD-B9C8-614507693FFE.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	9037  
__________________
Ace 30.1
Hittntherooad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:16 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
dcbenny's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River GTS 2800QSF
State: Florida
Posts: 452
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
Video? Where is there a video of this? Please share if you can, I'd be interested as I own same rig as O.P.
I just looked at a you tube video of the rig and saw that The vent was close to the TV which could be used as the power source
__________________
Don & Liz B.
Pink Retired Greyhound
Forest River
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:56 AM   #9
Member
 
Emmett's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24HE
State: Florida
Posts: 87
THOR #10225
We have a 20188 24HE. I took the trim off the vent near the bedroom an found power just waiting for a fan. Have you looked?

Pete
__________________
Emmett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 24FE
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7
THOR #9382
Fan power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett View Post
We have a 20188 24HE. I took the trim off the vent near the bedroom an found power just waiting for a fan. Have you looked?

Pete
I have not looked yet, I had called Thor and they told me there was none. I will be sure to check that one and the others. Thank you.
__________________
patz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:34 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
State: Florida
Posts: 10
THOR #10729
Quote:
Originally Posted by patz View Post
I have a 24FE class C, it has three vents but no power fan except a small one in the bathroom. Thor said there is no wiring installed and to pick up a lead from a light. That would mean that the light would have to be on to run the fan. Has anyone installed a power fan in a Class C?
Not exactly. It would depend on how the light is operated. Isn't light on a remote switch or is it's switch on the light itself?
__________________
jtlspur1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:31 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 24FE
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7
THOR #9382
light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlspur1221 View Post
Not exactly. It would depend on how the light is operated. Isn't light on a remote switch or is it's switch on the light itself?
there is only a wall switch
__________________
patz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:33 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 24FE
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7
THOR #9382
Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by patz View Post
I have not looked yet, I had called Thor and they told me there was none. I will be sure to check that one and the others. Thank you.
I called Thor and they emailed me five pages of wiring schematics for my coach. They show power to the bed and bunk vent areas.
__________________
patz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:05 AM   #14
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30 FE
State: Arkansas
Posts: 63
THOR #6012
Wiring Diagram

Patz - do you still have a copy of the wiring diagrams and if so, how about including it as a download in our message?
__________________
dogday51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #15
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 8,200
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogday51 View Post
Patz - do you still have a copy of the wiring diagrams and if so, how about including it as a download in our message?
You are far better off giving Thor a call and asking for the wiring diagrams for your coach. Given that these things seem to differ from day to day it is likely that your diagrams may be different.

Thor is very easy to deal with and will readily send you the requested diagrams.
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:11 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
Posts: 352
THOR #9522
Do they make lighted vent fans where the wall switch could provide power to the unit and then have switches on the unit to select light fan both? Similar to ceiling fans where you use the pull chains to select mode?
__________________
Pete and Carolynn Foss from Oxford, MI
2018 Four Winds 31W
1999 Aero Cub F-21 trailer
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:13 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 24FE
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7
THOR #9382
Schematics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogday51 View Post
Patz - do you still have a copy of the wiring diagrams and if so, how about including it as a download in our message?
I uploaded it. I hope
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wiring diaphragms .pdf (443.4 KB, 46 views)
__________________
patz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:22 PM   #18
gmc
Senior Member
 
gmc's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
Posts: 1,785
THOR #2829
PLEASE give Thor a call and request your own copy of any wiring/schematics/drawings... Do not post them on the site.
They are all clearly labeled with copyright, confidential, and proprietary notices... Thor is under no obligation to share these - but does so for their owners - and we want them to continue doing so.
We need to respect their copyrights...
__________________

__________________
Greg
Not yet retired...
Florida (Michigan transplant)
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×