Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2017, 08:30 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 37RB
State: Washington
THOR #7789
WA state, warranty work?

We're thinking of purchasing an Outlaw, but they're few and far between in Washington state. Does anyone have any experience they can share getting warranty work in WA from a dealer you didn't purchase your coach from? Ideally greater Seattle region, but we can travel a ways for good service if we have to. Thanks!

Old 06-06-2017, 10:39 PM   #2

Model: Miramar 33.5
THOR #578
Congrats on the Outlaw, boy those are Biggin's!! I've been using Sunset in Buckley. I did purchase from them, their service department was pretty bad a couple of years ago. They have a new service manager and he has really turned it around. I've worked with both Jeff and Corey. Corey is the service advisor and has done great work for me.

Robin is one of the main technicians there, he seems to be a miracle worker. He has fixed several issues for me. As of about 2 weeks ago their turn around time was less than 2 weeks.

I can recommend them to you!!

Good luck!
Old 06-06-2017, 11:46 PM   #3

Model: Outlaw 37RB
THOR #7789
Thanks for the reply and the recommend. We actually haven't bought the coach yet. Would love to buy it here, but Outlaws for sale are mostly non-existent in WA so seems like we're going to end up having to go out-of-state. Main concern is making sure we'll have a decent dealer to do the inevitable post-sale warranty work.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:30 AM   #4

Model: Miramar 33.5
THOR #578
Not sure how Thor determines which models go to which part of the country? It seems Thor will determine which dealers will carry certain models if they have multiple dealers in one locale.

Unfortunately most dealers mark up their retail prices for access to their repair facility. It's a shame that some won't even touch your rig, unless you purchased it from them, others will place you at the very back of the que for an appointment and even further down when it comes time to making repairs!

I wish it were a better agreement between Thor and the "authorized Thor dealers" to take care of their products and customers!

In Western Wa, Sunset RV and Poulsbo RV are the 2 Thor dealers. It seems Poulsbo only gets certain models in, while Sunset gets more. Again, not sure why or who determines that, I've got several different stories from reps at both lots!

Thor QC seems to be pretty hit and miss! From my personal experience I want the piece of mind having the dealer close and willing to work on my rig, especially in that first year. I've had several issues with my new coach, all covered under warranty, one was an electrical issue and the other was a slide problem. Both could have been very costly and would have had the coach out of commission for over a month.

In both cases Sunset was able to diagnose the problem fairly quickly and obtain authorization from Thor to make repairs. The last issue with my slide, I called Thor and spoke with their help desk with no luck, I had a slide stuck out. They suggested calling a local mobile repair tech and have him respond to the campground. So I called Sunset and spoke with Jeff. Between him and Robin, they were able to walk me through getting the slide back in.

I stopped by that afternoon on the way home from the trip, even though I was slightly out of warranty, Thor covered the repairs!!!

In a perfect world, this is how the relationship between Thor, the dealer and the consumer should work!! Right now Sunset repair is firing on all 10 cylinders and I can recommend them for repairs.

Not sure what the turn around time would be if you didn't purchase from them though???