Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-03-2019, 01:31 AM   #21

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
We are on our first major excursion with our rig and before we left, I filled the fresh water tank to the top. Actually, I overfilled it, but that is no problem as the water just spills out the side of the coach. Before you know it, we had water all over the floor by the edge of the passenger side bed, the heater, the fridge, etc. We dried it up, but it kept coming for a few days into our trip, so I emptied the tank. A day later, I added about a half tank. Miles down the road, the same problem!

We have checked everywhere that we can see, including taking off the cover underneath our closet. We can find NO leak. I even checked by adding a little more water to make sure that there was no leak in the fill hose. The tank is dry on the sides and at the bottom, with no evidence of water damage around it. I have traced the blue Pex-style water lines all the way to the pump and out of it with no luck. I turned the water on to see if running the pump might show me something, but nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Has anyone else had this or heard of this? I've got about a third of a tank right now and it seems to be happy.

If it isn't tank then it is a water line. If it does it without pump then I would lean toward a fitting.

Old 10-03-2019, 04:05 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Colorado
THOR #13375
Useful tool

When I first flushed and filled system this spring there was a leak under sink , refrigerator , washer dryer all in same slide out. Culprit was water line to ice maker in freezer.
Don't think this is the issue you are having . The reason for my comment is that the way I found and tracked down leak was with a $ 30.00 Blu tooth endoscope from Amazon , best way to see what is going on where my big head will not allow me to see with my own eyes. You will be surprised by what you will see and find .
Old 10-03-2019, 04:37 AM   #23

State: Montana
THOR #4727
Fill hose problem

We had the same problem except it leaked under the flooring and rotted a six inch round portion of the flooring before we new we had a leak. In it's efforts to save a few pennies Thor had used a section of hose without the smooth ends on both ends of the filler hose resulting in a leak at both ends when full. The top end leak resulted in a small area of delamination just in front of the fill port. You can replace the hose if that is the problem or take the lazy man way like I did and silicone the heck out of it and clamp it down. Good luck! BTW this is just one of many leaks we had interior and exterior.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:24 PM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by roncalderz@gmail.com View Post
When I first flushed and filled system this spring there was a leak under sink , refrigerator , washer dryer all in same slide out. Culprit was water line to ice maker in freezer.
Don't think this is the issue you are having . The reason for my comment is that the way I found and tracked down leak was with a $ 30.00 Blu tooth endoscope from Amazon , best way to see what is going on where my big head will not allow me to see with my own eyes. You will be surprised by what you will see and find .
That's a great idea. Thanks!
Old 10-03-2019, 08:31 PM   #25

State: Alabama
THOR #15326
Hope in tank

Had a similar issue - seems they put a hole in the tank during installation at the factory. Obviously no quality control. Two months at the shop.
Old 06-05-2022, 03:15 PM   #26

THOR #27043
Same problem with my 2021 magnitude sv34. Water next to the bed from fresh water tank. Leak is somewhere under the tank or at the low connection to empty the tank. I'm afraid to take it to the dealer and have them keep it 3 months to figure out out. No boondocking until then.
Old 06-05-2022, 04:13 PM   #27

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Water leak from filling fresh tank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobf View Post
Same problem with my 2021 magnitude sv34. Water next to the bed from fresh water tank. Leak is somewhere under the tank or at the low connection to empty the tank. I'm afraid to take it to the dealer and have them keep it 3 months to figure out out. No boondocking until then.

I have an SV34 and you need to address this yourself because you need to be doing annual maintenance such as replacing the freshwater filter and cleaning the water pump strainer. If you live in a colder client you also have to access this area to winterize the coach. All if this requires getting under the bed.

It is very easy to access:

1. Remove the mattress.

2. Remove the screws holding down the wooden mattress support and then remove the support.

3. Then remove the thin access panel.

From there you should be able yo see where the leak is originating. It is likely somthing minor you should be able to fix yourself. If it’s major like a cracked water tank and its under warranty, then you can decide if it should go to a dealer.
Old 06-05-2022, 04:43 PM   #28

Model: SV34
State: Arizona
THOR #24580
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
We are on our first major excursion with our rig and before we left, I filled the fresh water tank to the top. Actually, I overfilled it, but that is no problem as the water just spills out the side of the coach. Before you know it, we had water all over the floor by the edge of the passenger side bed, the heater, the fridge, etc. We dried it up, but it kept coming for a few days into our trip, so I emptied the tank. A day later, I added about a half tank. Miles down the road, the same problem!

We have checked everywhere that we can see, including taking off the cover underneath our closet. We can find NO leak. I even checked by adding a little more water to make sure that there was no leak in the fill hose. The tank is dry on the sides and at the bottom, with no evidence of water damage around it. I have traced the blue Pex-style water lines all the way to the pump and out of it with no luck. I turned the water on to see if running the pump might show me something, but nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Has anyone else had this or heard of this? I've got about a third of a tank right now and it seems to be happy.
Had a something similar the first time filling the fresh tank on our SV34. When adding water at home the coach leans to the passenger/curb/fill side of the coach. I use one of those screw on filler tube attachments with small vents holes on cap. The first time I turned the hose on full and walked away for a few minutes while it was filling. When I came back I noticed a slight drip of water coming from the inside of body side panel of the coach just under the fill area. When I turned the pressure down (we have high water pressure) the dripping stopped. Checked inside under the bed and all around the tank where I could see and no sign of water. I assumed it had to be from the pressure causing water to leak somewhere between the outside fill point and the tank but can’t access that area. I’m thinking it could be right where the filler tube attaches to the filler fitting? Now when I fill up with fresh I use 1/2 pressure and keep a close eye under the bed and outside under the fill access with out any dripping. I wholeheartedly agree with Judge that one should track down the leak but haven't taken the time to recreate the leak while filling under high pressure to figure it out.
Ottosails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 02:56 AM   #29

Model: Four Winds
State: California
THOR #24260
My fill hose connection at the fw fill was not attached completely. 3 screws later, fixed.
I believe judge had a pex line issue.
I have the old fashion tube type.
Do as judge says, thats always sound advice.
Terry
Semper Fi
Pillbox is offline   Reply With Quote