Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2018, 12:10 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.4
State: Mississippi
THOR #10956
ACE Generator Start

I have a new 2018 ACE 29.4; brought it home 3 weeks ago and it has sat in my driveway ever since while I was out of town. Went back in today and light beside the generator start button was blinking. Attempted to start generator with no result. Went out and generator fired right up from the unit itself. Let it run for a few minutes and it turned off from the switch just like it should. Shut the power down (light not blinking). Generator is the 5.5k.

Obviously still under warranty and I have an appointment at the end of the month (they made at the time of purchase) just o follow up on any problems we uncover. That said, is their something simple I am missing? It fired right up from the switch on the panel during the PDI. What does the blinking generator light indicate? Been RVing for years (fifth wheel), but very new to the motor home world. I feel like I'm missing something simple; any thoughts are appreciated.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:19 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
The light blinks a code then you can look the code up in the manual to see what it means.

See page 31: Fault Codes:
Owner's Manual (PDF)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:55 AM   #3

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
The last time mine did that I added fuel stabalizer and ran the generator for an hour. The Onan tech told me to always use stabalizer if sitting for more than a few weeks and run for an hour monthly. Be sure to remove the load a few minutes before shutting off the generator. Also prime the generator before starting. Cranking it too long can also throw a code.