Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2019, 05:23 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: windsport hurricane 34f
State: Tennessee
THOR #9067
Rv show season

I am happy with my rv but i enjoy a rv show to see new products,rv's and accessories.talk to reps of campgrounds,etc. I was disappointed with nashvilles show last year due to it only had 1 class a rv.i will return to nashville's show due to its closeness but am thinking of another. Chattanooga and huntsville al are on the same day and equal distance from me,any preferences? Also atlanta seems to have 2,1 in cobb county(north) and 1 on south side of downtown,any thoughts there?

Old 01-08-2019, 12:24 PM   #2

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Generally and regionally, most local dealers are at all of them (Atlanta in my case). Dealers furnish the units and factory "well heeled" goobers fly in. It is fun to see the new coaches but it's dangerous. 95% of the people are dreamers. Between the sticky faced, cross-eyed kids crawling all over everything and the bug-eyed lap dogs barking at everyone as "mom" rolls it around in a stroller keeps me away from them. It would be nice if they would open the shows with an "Adults Only-No Kids" on the first day. You would see some pretty serious buyers and the factory goobers (who know the coaches) would not be hiding behind the curtains from everyone. You could get some great info and spend some quality time looking around. We have the boat show in Atlanta this week/weekend. I love the boat show but the same kids riding in the back seat of the Camaro show up at the boat show also.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:29 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
LOL! The Michigan shows aren't quite that bad. You can even find the occasional factory rep and they are willing to talk to you.

I'll go on "non-RV shopping years" to check out whats new and see what campgrounds show up; maybe even pick up a campground brochure or two.

Sometimes, we even bring friends to help them spend their hard earned $$ on a new RV
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote