Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2015, 08:02 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Vegas 25.4 next floorplan

It appears that eliminating a couple of floorplans was to make room for a new Axis/Vegas floorplan. The 25.4 reportedly will have larger kitchen, split bath, and corner bed.

TMC Rolls Out new Floorplans at Louisville Show | RV Business

If you see pictures of new floorplan or motorhome, will you please post them. I don't know where to find the latest flyer.

Old 12-01-2015, 12:14 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #3027
I would also like to see the floor plan and am curious if the storage is as much as on the 24.1. I also am curious if the Axis will be available with any additional options.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:32 AM   #3

THOR #2121
The Louisville RV-industry show starts tomorrow, so we should see it soon.

Since they dropped two floorplans I'm hoping they will introduce more than just the 25.4.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:58 AM   #4

THOR #3027
Chance, What are the 2 dropped floorplans?
Old 12-01-2015, 06:20 PM   #5

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunter View Post
Chance, What are the 2 dropped floorplans?
May only be one that has been eliminated. Flyer doesn't match Web site.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:21 PM   #6

THOR #2121
This is on site now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1123  
Old 12-01-2015, 07:10 PM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Wow isn't that exactly like what we've been discussing in the mods thread! LOL (basically putting the dinette into a 24.1). Yeah its a little different with the side bed instead of the two in the rear...
Kind of like a combo of the 24.1 + the now discontinued 25.3.

Chance: Do you have like a script running that e-mails you when Thor's website changes?? LOL (yeah ok a Google alert...or "Visual Ping":
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...icmcmgng?hl=en )
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:50 PM   #8

THOR #2121
Jamie, I was just looking because Thor was suppose to introduce it at the Louisville national show which started today, and I expected they would want to be first.

Regarding this floorplan, I can't say I like much compared to others. I don't like corner beds, split bathrooms, or slides. And the bigger kitchen doesn't seem that different to me.

I like that it has a dinette. That's about it.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:15 PM   #9
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
Regarding this floorplan, I can't say I like much compared to others. I don't like corner beds, split bathrooms, or slides. And the bigger kitchen doesn't seem that different to me.
Yeah when we look we nix any with a separate shower. This floorplan resembles our 5th wheel which had the shower and toilet together as well. That works pretty good as someone can be showering and the sink is still usable by someone else. The thing that is missing here, though, is a door or accordion blocking the sink area from the main salon (on our old 5er the bedroom door could close off both the bedroom and sink/bathroom area).

I can see the side bed being a pain to make, but then that is about the same as the two beds in the rear of our 24.1--which can be a pain but we've figured it out.

I'd have to see one of these to really make a determination. I like the idea of the dinette in the slide but removing the couch also removes the only spot in the family room where you can stretch out.

I guess there are only so many ways you can configure a small 25' motorhome...it has been interesting watching Thor come up with different variations over the past two years now.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #10

THOR #2121
To me it looks very similar to the 25.1 with lounge area couch replaced by a corner permanent bed.

I'm glad to see they made the dinette narrower (42 vs. 46 inches wide), which seems common sense to me. Unless there were always 4 or 6 people in motorhome, why install an extra-wide dinette in such a narrow RV? I don't get it.

If it were up to me I'd make the dinette even narrower. Extra people can always use the front seats and table.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	930
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1124  
Old 12-01-2015, 08:41 PM   #11

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
....cut....

I can see the side bed being a pain to make, but then that is about the same as the two beds in the rear of our 24.1--which can be a pain but we've figured it out.

....cut.....
I rented an RV for a week that had a corner bed and hated it so bad I swore I'd never consider one. And it wasn't because of making the bed. Getting in and out of bed for the person next to the wall is tough, and must climb over the other person.

I like your 24.1 Twin/King far better. Much more flexible a design. Entering from middle as twins is easier, making the beds also easier due to size, you have more overhead cabinets that can be reached much easier without having to climb on bed, have windows on both sides of beds for cross ventilation, etc... I like the 24.1 bedroom best by far. It's simple and functional.

I get the feeling these companies don't want to use an older classic floorplan for fear they will be accused of not being imaginative. So instead they keep trying to reinvent the wheel.

I may be old school, but still like the classic layouts of 20 years ago better. I would like them updated with modern materials and technology, but the basic floorplans seem more functional to me.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:41 PM   #12

THOR #3027
I think I still am leaning towards the 24.1. I like the twin/king option; couch and the largest outside storage of the models. Jamie, Have you found the outside storage to be dry on your 24.1?
Old 12-01-2015, 10:32 PM   #13
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunter
Jamie, Have you found the outside storage to be dry on your 24.1?
So far we haven't had any water intrusion from driving (or anything else for that matter) in any compartment, window, slide, door, etc. on our Axis (knocking on wood)--even our rear taillights appear to remain dry at this point (part of that could be from the Flex Seal I put in there).
Old 12-01-2015, 11:31 PM   #14

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Jamie,

As far as I know, my rear taillights are dry...but how do you really know without taking them out and looking - then risk damaging the rubber gasket when putting it back together. Do you wait and then look again later? I did this with the boys when they were small and the light in the fridge.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:31 PM   #15

THOR #2142
Jamie,

As far as I know, my rear taillights are dry...but how do you really know without taking them out and looking - then risk damaging the rubber gasket when putting it back together. Do you wait and then look again later? I did this with the boys when they were small and the light in the fridge.

Doc

Old 12-02-2015, 12:20 AM   #16
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike
Well when I first removed the taillights there was a slight amount of water there and you could see the water line at the bottom of the bezel. Good thing I did the Flex Seal when I did...
Old 12-02-2015, 12:57 AM   #17

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Corner bed not "retired" friendly. Would be huge pita to get up in the middle of the night. That's why we love the twin beds.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 01:04 AM   #18

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
A corner bed is a deal-breaker for us. It might be all right if we both went to bed and got up at the same time, but that rarely happens with us. Neither of us want to crawl over or be crawled over. Then there is the issue, already mentioned, of making up a corner bed. DW insists on walk-around queen bed, and you know what they say about Mama being happy!

I haven't missed the small side windows at the head of the bed in our 25.2 as much as I had expected. Haven't missed the dinette that we had in our last coach, either. We do like having the couch, and I like having a place to stretch out in the front.

Usually, it is just the two of us, your results may vary.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:10 AM   #19

THOR #2142
Jamie,

I read your earlier posting of the repair using the Flex Seal. If I spot water in the bezel I plan on using the Flex Seal (now comes in colors other than black).

Doc

Old 12-02-2015, 01:01 PM   #20

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
A corner bed is a deal-breaker for us. It might be all right if we both went to bed and got up at the same time, but that rarely happens with us. Neither of us want to crawl over or be crawled over. ....cut.....
Same here -- as if I had written above myself.

I was hoping that Thor would combine the features we like best, from the three floorplans left on the 2016 Flyer, into one semi-traditional floorplan.

Twin/King bedroom from 24.1
Large center bathroom from 25.2
Dinette from 25.3 with its larger kitchen

It seems to me that from a cost standpoint, Thor would try to use the same "modules" on different models in order to streamline manufacturing. If the same exact Twin/King bedroom was used in two models, for example, the cost would be lower through higher component volume.

All wishful thinking.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	324
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	1125