Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2018, 09:59 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #7188
Ford E-350 chassis
Thor motorhomes are hand built in too big of a hurry, so yes, there are going to be issues left to the dealer to fix. Our dealer has been a good one! My main complaint and source of out-of-pocket expenses ($2k) has been trying to get the thing to steer adequately in a cross wind. This is a known problem due to a 50-year old Ford suspension and steering system coupled with MORryde extending the chassis without mitigating how that affects the handling.
Take some different units for a drive on a windy day then decide.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:05 AM   #42

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #10707
No lemon

🇺🇸Sorry I didn’t pick up your post until I saw the newsletter. I DID decide on the 2018 Axis 24.1 and LOVE it. We aren’t experienced RVers; still today enjoying a lovely city park in AL on our way from FL to MN (what storm?) Had a few tiny items that were repaired. No problems driving, though did add the Safe T Plus. Added the adjustable water pressure regulator which I tried just today; worked beautifully to maintain hot water for Girard on-demand water heater. I wanted small to give me confidence to drive, and that it did!
Thanks to forum members; safe weekend all!🇺🇸
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9790790A-225D-42A8-A688-A6460203CE01.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	10451  
Old 05-27-2018, 04:27 AM   #43
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
[QUOTE=Summerwind;119855]Yes the Bible
Great 💡
/QUOTE]

Hello … just picked up on this thread. Not sure if you have decided to purchase a 24.1 or not.
We wanted to let you know, we have a 2016 Axis 24.1 which we are considering selling as, with some age related issues, Ron wants to downsize.
We love our Axis and yes, we have one of the good ones ! We have a bit less than 15k miles on it. It is stored inside during the winter months.
Ron has done just about all the mods and improvements, including Sumo Springs front and rear. We would include a new Dish and Tailgater setup.
Everything works, and works well.

If you are interested I will be happy to share more information including photos. Respond on the Forum or email me: kbeaman56@hotmail.com

good luck on your search !

Ron and Kay
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:53 PM   #44

Model: HAD Vegas 24.1
State: South Dakota
THOR #9657
Uh-oh. Just saw date of thread after posting below. I’m sure there are good ones & glad you love yours. I just got a lemon, I guess.
————————————-
Sorry. I can’t give good news. I loved my Vegas 24.1 at first but it was a quality nightmare & after 7 months of warranty hell I gave up, took the loss, & just bought a Winnebago.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:30 PM   #45
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by dPad2 View Post
Uh-oh. Just saw date of thread after posting below. I’m sure there are good ones & glad you love yours. I just got a lemon, I guess.
————————————-
Sorry. I can’t give good news. I loved my Vegas 24.1 at first but it was a quality nightmare & after 7 months of warranty hell I gave up, took the loss, & just bought a Winnebago.
That is sad to hear. As many people know...the Forum, for the most part, is populated by folks who have a problem and are seeking help/answers.
There are thousands of owners who we never hear from as they are happily cruising down the road without an issue.

Happy Camping !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote