Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2018, 01:23 AM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: England
THOR #11569
BTW the now defined shade button
When pressed did not do anything
I was afraid when I pushed it it was an ejector button

Old 05-13-2018, 01:51 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Florida
THOR #6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
Good thinking re to drive again.
But is the quality gonna be better on this same unit at another dealer?
Definitely, highly possible. We almost bought one in FL, same model we have now, but walked because there were too many issues I just couldn't get over. I didn't want one repaired, I wanted one done right the first time. Found the exact same model in another state in MUCH better condition. That's the one we bought. We are very happy with it 16 months later.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:09 AM   #23

THOR #11569
[QUOTE/I didn't want one repaired, I wanted one done right the first time. Found the exact same model in another state in MUCH better condition. That's the one we bought. We are very happy with it 16 months later.[/QUOTE]

YAY!
AND when driving (I'm a smooth driver BTW) it was jerky
The salesman commented the same thing
Just surging to start like

What I don't get is the SAME THING unit getting A different Msrp that may be higher but there price lower r than another dealer with lower msrp but less diiscount
Weird
PS the fact that he pulled out into a hwy with brake on might indicate a problem with the emergency brake perhaps lol
But that wasn't the surging
Old 05-13-2018, 03:11 AM   #24

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
You can'take make chicken salad out of chicken poop. If it doesn't feel good...don't do it. Look around or upgrade. Don't go into it thinking you can make it better. Find better and be happy.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:19 AM   #25

THOR #11569
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
You can'take make chicken salad out of chicken poop. If it doesn't feel good...don't do it. Look around or upgrade. Don't go into it thinking you can make it better. Find better and be happy.
Thx Gritz

Just the hassle of all day drive or fly etc plus drive unit etc
But unless I do you're right, I won't be happy
Old 05-13-2018, 03:21 AM   #26

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Quote:
BTW the now defined shade button
When pressed did not do anything
I was afraid when I pushed it it was an ejector button
Look at page 44 of Ed's Manual.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:36 AM   #27

Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Just an observation....
The very first thing you stated was that it seemed a bit small on the interior..
What seems "small" now will become "Frustratingly TINY" in a month or two of use....
Get one with a "REAL" bed/shower/toilet/sofa/full galley!!!

The Apparent Total Lack of quality and build of this RV IS NOT acceptable at any price...

You can find much better offerings if you expand your search..

Go the next step up in size/length/model/quality..Thor has many different brands under their corporate umbrella.

Finding a lightly used coach of higher quality may be a much better option. (for nearly the same purchase price)

But don't get blinded by all the bling drawing your attention away from the "warts"

Seek out a retailer that IS NOT associated with Crappy World!!!! (or any of their associated merchandising outlets!!!!!)
Happy Hunting..
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:13 AM   #28

THOR #11569
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Just an observation....

You can find much better offerings if you expand your search..

Go the next step up in size/length/model/quality..Thor has many different brands under their corporate umbrella.
Yep touche^
Hahahahah 'Crappy World'! Nice!
Unfortunately, it has to be this one!
1) floor plan (I'd even go outside Thor if higher quality
2) Size

Yep Tall peeps need not apply for sleeping off of diagonal
But I digress Saddlesore
All valid about quality and size but length is about what I think I can handle at this point if as one of my options,may need to take into the city for medical /shopping from the cradle of situations here
Styxville
So I would if I could, but very few small length coach options that are laid out with this ease of interior movement and lack of wasted space, it just (beds) are small

*laughable at this point, but this unit represents about a 6-7.5 foot increase over what I said I'd consider to start with or even look at
But I do think I'm there at my limit in handling ability

To further quantify
Started at 144" wheelbase
Bought a 156"
Now we're up to 188" and this feels huge with driving and viz is not what the 156" is so idk
Sleeping 4 adult peeps and caninez
Challenging
But I'm convinced peeps are shrinking over time and/or gonna die so that solves that space prob
Compared to the 156" wheelbase
this thing is a spacious beast
Old 05-13-2018, 06:15 AM   #29

THOR #11569
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
Look at page 44 of Ed's Manual.
Yes the Bible
Great 💡
Should've looked and so should the sales peeps lol
Old 05-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #30

State: Alaska
THOR #6879
We almost bought axis but went with ACE. We had one order and deposited. We felt we need the extra space. Glad we did. ACE 29.3
Old 05-13-2018, 11:40 AM   #31

THOR #7301
I bought a new class c Freeom Elite 28H in 2012. After the walk thru I had a punch list of about 30 items. They said we'll take care of that so I signed the bottom line. After my first trip the punch list grew to about 50 items. About half got fixed. Sounds normal for Thor. I now own a Tiffin Allegro and I still work on it all the time. Good luck. RVing is not for the non-handyman type.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:04 PM   #32

Model: 2019 Coachman Catalina
State: Wisconsin
THOR #5432
This winter we traded our 16 Thor Chateau class C for a 06 Monaco Camelot 40' DP. The Monaco would have been about 250k new, and I don't feel the build quality is all that much better than the Thor.

If the dealer does not do any better prep than that on the MH before putting it on the lot don't expect them to do any better after you have bought it. I have bought my last 2 MH from CW and have had good experiences. But they are not all the same. We have been to probably a dozen different ones across the country and some are nice and others are not. We looked at a MH at one last year and it was horribly dirty. Even the salesman said he doesn't understand why they don't clean them until after the sale, he said he probably loses a lot of sales that way. Ours was one of them.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:48 PM   #33

THOR #11569
Yep!
It was incredibly dirty and I wonder since they will consign with 0 fees, if my mistake home, won't sell
What condition would I get mine back in after sitting there on the lot?
Just sayin
Well I hate to go around the country cuz time is flying for me but I can't imagine I won't find a better unit of the same colors in better shape visually at least
This unit there almost a year and imagine what the elements have done e to it

As the forum has stated, I will never get mine serviced at at Lemon's world
I know several of the extended warranty companies and would purchase them but one of those 100k policies outright but not thru lemonhead

Jimespich
"RVing is not for the non-handyman type."
That's some of the fun but the rub is the cost of the unit to start
If it came like airplane kit and dyi assembly I think K it would be more palatable

Hmmmm I may have an idea here
Old 05-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #34
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Yep!
It was incredibly dirty and I wonder since they will consign with 0 fees, if my mistake home, won't sell
What condition would I get mine back in after sitting there on the lot?
Just sayin
Well I hate to go around the country cuz time is flying for me but I can't imagine I won't find a better unit of the same colors in better shape visually at least
This unit there almost a year and imagine what the elements have done e to it

As the forum has stated, I will never get mine serviced at at Lemon's world
I know several of the extended warranty companies and would purchase them but one of those 100k policies outright but not thru lemonhead

Jimespich
"RVing is not for the non-handyman type."
That's some of the fun but the rub is the cost of the unit to start
If it came like airplane kit and dyi assembly I think K it would be more palatable

Hmmmm I may have an idea here
Since you're in Texas you really should do yourself a favor and head on over to MHSRV (already mentioned above). They will take care of you and the coach will be clean.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #35

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
All-in-all...it's like a drug, a convertible car or a very pretty girl with a bad reputation. Us guys can so easily "go blind" when we need to. You are of the right mindset in what you're doing. As long as we're prepared to fix things and have the tools and knowledge...make the move. You sound well prepared for any possible consequences. Good luck!! LG
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 02:36 PM   #36

THOR #11569
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
All-in-all...it's like a drug, a convertible car or a very pretty girl with a bad reputation. Us guys can so easily "go blind" when we need to. You are of the right mindset in what you're doing. As long as we're prepared to fix things and have the tools and knowledge...make the move. You sound well prepared for any possible consequences. Good luck!! LG
Nah ! Ur too generous
I'm really lacking confidence but feel buoyed by my back up peeps here!
I don't have the knowledge y'all have but hope one day to pass on something helpful to somebody else as y'all have
Laughing on the outside crying on the inside $
(all those things u mentioned $)
Old 05-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #37

Model: Fleetwood Flair 31E
State: New York
THOR #2025
Quote:
Nah ! Ur too generous
I'm really lacking confidence but feel buoyed by my back up peeps here!
I don't have the knowledge y'all have but hope one day to pass on something helpful to somebody else as y'all have
Laughing on the outside crying on the inside $
(all those things u mentioned $)
This community has taught me everything about RVing and DIY mods. I started with velcro mods and worked my way up to suspension mods, electrical mods, inverters mods, etc.

Slow and steady...ask a lot of questions.

Knowledge and advice always free in this community of great people[emoji106]
Old 05-26-2018, 09:10 PM   #38

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Illinois
THOR #7006
RE: nails and sawdust

Quote:
Scratch on ceiling in back of ceiling bed
Sawdust under compartment box by fridge
Any Thor product that you buy will constantly spit out nails, screws, sawdust, white insulation beads, etc for several trips, up to several years. I put 8,200 miles on my 2017 Thor Four Winds 22B Class C motorhome in 2017. The finding of nails and screws has slowed tremendously, however, I still have white insulation beads and sawdust everywhere with every trip. The wall in my large storage area has pulled apart by at least 1/4".
Old 05-26-2018, 09:15 PM   #39
clr

State: Tennessee
THOR #3707
Enjoying my Thor Axis 24.1

I purchased a Thor Axis 24.1 three years ago and I have been very satisfied. I am widowed and travel with 2 small dogs comfortably. I spend about 4 -5 months a year in the motorhome. As others have said, choose your dealer very carefully! I did not even consider a new Axis 24.1 with multiple items needing repair. If there are many obvious defects, just think of the hidden ones! Like others recommended, I would not sign on the bottom line until all repairs are made to your satisfaction. You might be very surprised at how long a dealership can string out repairs! I purchased my RV from TennesseeRV in Knoxville, TN and the salesman and service department are excellent. I have had no mechanical problems with the coach, and had only minor service requirements during the warranted period. I made a few modifications, like substituting 2 recliners for the sofa bed and definitely a different shower head. The RV drives easily, although hills can be a struggle for my unit and the BlueOx makes trailing a car simple.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:34 PM   #40

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Illinois
THOR #7006
clr,
I am so happy for you that you have had great luck with your Thor Motorhome. You are part of a very few. I also bought mine after I lost my wife of 35 years to cancer on February 10th, 2017. I bought it to relieve stress, however, it has only created more.

Ron Eddington
Ronaldedd is offline   Reply With Quote