Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-22-2014, 05:12 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Europe
THOR #723
Yet another brit joining

Hi all
Look forward to getting information on Four winds 25c chevy I have had for 5 years from new just been upgrading inside, usual

New seats cushions and coverings. (go rid of the faux leather which failed after 10 months.
swapped blinds for thermal curtains.
replaced cooker for UK full cooker ( we can now get a chicken in it.)

Done 14,000 miles on LPG (Uk .70 cents per litre) at 10 mpg.

A Few observations so far
Manual says this is a day van??? So no cooking or sleeping in it then?? Single glazing for cold weather? No Option to upgrade.
It must be a van for shopping as the rear garage is big even with a ice well for keeping fish or beer?? ( Get enough water in the van without adding more options. )

Issues so far with Thor's poor designs on a budget van. Expensive enough in UK.

1) Why fit a rear and front window in living area with no external drain. Made the beds into a water beds as condensation was like a river running in minus 10 deg C in Spain in the first year

2) Rear bed had a window now blanked off for the above reason.

3) Cupboards always cold so fitted carpet tiles to outer walls, no heating in board or over cab bed. Euro vans have heating in both on some models eg Eura Mobil. Over cab bed base water damage under mattress. good job it plastic lined on the bottom so you can float away.

4) Furnace is great on hook up but no facility for heating without fan flattening batteries. ( Now have 4 110volt 180watt and 80 watt solar panels. Could do with long lead to power station.

5) Generator so noisy its cheaper to run 6ltr engine and not require ear defenders.

6) Slide out - well it leaks no surprise there then, dealer said will not affect floor. Ha!!! After 4 years Floor went to mush had to strip and resin it. Wheel arch to floor not sealed water under lino.

7) Rear lights never sealed so water into rear panel behind lights. Out with the resin to save whats left of the panel. Thor designers should be shot for basic mistakes.

Would I change no. I like the challenge plus the v8 auto and rear wheel drive. Thank god for chevy . Good job the frame is made of metal as I will be rebuilding it for years to come.

Hope yours is better keep on rebuilding it. Happy RVing

Old 03-22-2014, 05:23 PM   #2

Model: Siesta28BK
State: England
THOR #714
Hiya K9 , welcome, looks to be a good forum for info and see how the other half lives across the pond
Old 03-22-2014, 10:36 PM   #3

Model: Infinity
THOR #726
well hi from us Yes We are also from the UK.
i love these american forums you can get some really good info and have some great conversations, this one should be really good for us with Thor RVs
Old 03-22-2014, 10:43 PM   #4

THOR #714
Hiya MartinandDee, looks a good forum but I think Lloyd is trying for more support .
Old 03-22-2014, 10:54 PM   #5

THOR #726
i must admit i do find ours has trouble with condensation even using a dehumidifier and only one window on ours has no holes in the bottom but otherwise we love our Infinity
Old 03-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #6

THOR #726
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryhuk View Post
Hiya MartinandDee, looks a good forum but I think Lloyd is trying for more support .
lost who is Lloyd
Old 03-22-2014, 11:02 PM   #7

THOR #714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinanddee View Post
lost who is Lloyd
The Administrator I believe
Old 03-22-2014, 11:09 PM   #8

THOR #726
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryhuk View Post
The Administrator I believe
yes I've just had a look around and found out, i have blonde highlights just for moments like these
Old 03-23-2014, 05:41 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
Hello and welcome. Lloyd and I are moderators on this forum. Janet is one of the administrators. This is still a very young forum and we are happy to be ramping it up. So welcome to all of our new British friends.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:49 AM   #10

THOR #723
Hi
I hope I have solved the window problem by drilling a hole at the bottom of the frame so missing the glass then sealing the inside . Now the drain channel has an escape route to outside through the metal frame. Just be very careful and use a small drill.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:04 AM   #11

THOR #723
btw
I have added pollycarb plastic double glazing for a conservatory roof to the inside of the windows, so now I have triple glazing for the winter, and remove it for the summer. Cheap option £25 for 8ft x 2ft and two windows now done.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:11 AM   #12

Model: Damon Daybreak 3211
THOR #719
Hello from a fellow Brit

Our Hurricane suffers from condensation especially in the rear bedroom and on the windscreen. Bought a portable dehumidifier and keep it running. It seems to work fine but don't see the point of the large rear bedroom window! Never use it as a window and it just attracts condensation. All right, without it the bedroom would be darker but that wouldn't be too much of a problem.