Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2015, 04:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37GT
State: Virginia
THOR #1032
Satellite connection

Challenger 37GT

I am trying to determine if my coach was pre-wired for a satellite connection and if so where is the external connection. Based on what I can see, it appears that it was. On my antenna booster, I see 4 cables connected. From what I understand, three are as follows
1) antenna
2) park cable
3) output to TV's

I have a fourth cable connected that is just to a straight connector through the plate. The front of the plate for this connector says AUX/SAT. Therefore,I think this (Orange)cable should be for satellite.

What I am trying to find out is am I totally wrong (probably) as to what this is for, or if I am correct, where is the other end of the cable so I can connect the satellite antenna.

I contacted Thor but didn't get a satisfactory answer. I'm not sure they understood what I was asking.

I will try and attach pictures. Can only attach one picture. The other is just the front of the plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	277.1 KB
ID:	615  

wanewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:54 PM   #2

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Some Similar

Alright I had the same sort of a problem on my Challenger 37TB. Here is what I posted before:

I had the exact same problem on my Challenger 37TB. Here is what I posted on another thread. Hopefully it will help.

Had a similar dilemma on our coach with a Dish Tailgater. Long story short - there is not a specific connection in my unit (or according to Thor Customer Support) any other Challenger 37TB. The solution is fairly straightforward. You make a connection that comes in through your unit's cable connection by splitting the signal, then putting in an A/B box and a coaxial modulator. This all sounds complex but it really isn't. Just a bit time consuming.

You can read my post on the particulars at Tailgater on Challenger 37TB - iRV2 Forums

I had to do part of this before.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:06 PM   #3

THOR #1032
Thanks

Ok I tried to post this a few minutes ago but it doesn't look like it went.

I had read your post prior to posting my question and it may be the way I have to go.

However, I would like to find out what the orange coax cable, in my coach, is for since it connects to nothing else at the booster plate.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:08 AM   #4

Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #2248
I read somewhere that orange cables in Thor products are sat related, for what that is worth. Just confirms what you suspect. In the Palazzo there is a cable connection in the sanitary compartment and you can connect either a sat receiver to it or a campground cable if they offer cable. Also, a few days ago I was at a service center and I asked the tech who seemed pretty familiar with the coach what that third vent on the roof was for. It looked exactly like the two for the gray and black tank except it was up front between the driver and pax seat! He said it was the prewire cabling for a sat dish!
I am new to this forum and not sure how much interchangeability there is between the various models, but thought I would throw this out anyway in case it adds something to discussion.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:13 AM   #5

THOR #1032
Thanks for that. I had looked previously on the roof but don't remember looking all the way to the front of the coach. I will have to look again.