Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2018, 07:10 AM   #1

State: Arkansas
THOR #10401
Thor RV Show models to be displayed

Anybody have a way I might be able to find out what Thor is displaying at what RV show?

We’d like to see an Aria 4000 (new bunkhouse) - just missed it by a week or two at Hershey this year. They won’t have it at the Washington RV and Camping Show coming up in January near home. Few dealers have them even.

Every time I try to email Thor they send me to the local dealer rather than answer my question - where will they show this model.

It seems like they would know...I don’t want to have to go to Texas to walk thru one.

Ideas? Help?

Rob

Old 01-07-2018, 11:02 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Try the Tulsa RV and boat show, it’s usually pretty big. Don’t know what they will have on display there.
Old 01-07-2018, 12:51 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I would guess that they send you to dealers because its the dealers that determine what is at a show, not Thor.

You'd probably have to do some detective work: First figure out which dealers will be at which show; then call those dealers asking them which units they will have at the show.

I know our local show is all dealers not manufacturers.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:12 PM   #4

THOR #10401
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I would guess that they send you to dealers because its the dealers that determine what is at a show, not Thor.

You'd probably have to do some detective work: First figure out which dealers will be at which show; then call those dealers asking them which units they will have at the show.

I know our local show is all dealers not manufacturers.
The irony is that they gave me a Maryland dealer (physically closest to me) but they aren’t allowed to go to the Virginia shows. I can’t go to Tulsa to walk one RV. It just seems the manufacturer would want to know ahead of time. Often they are sending reps to help work they shows too. Guess I’ll have to wait for the Hershey shoe again next year and hope they have a 4000. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
The Shows are "Like a box of chocolates..."

You never know what you're gonna get; until you open it up.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 02:38 PM   #6

Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
If I were you I would read some of the other posts on this forum before I bought a Thor.

I have a 12 year old Thor and it is fine but I would sure take a very very close look at the product before I bought another Thor.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:13 PM   #7

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Always smart to examine closely before buying but personally I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another Thor product. I’ve had very few issues with my 2017 Freedom Elite and the ones I did have were silly assembly issues easily corrected.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:29 PM   #8

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum!

In my opinion, Thor quality isn't any worse than any other manufacturer, many of the problems trace to the delivering dealer.

As to RV shows, you said you didn't want to go to Texas. How about Florida? The huge Tampa show is comparable to the Hershey show, and starts Jan 17. You can fly on Allegiant from Branson to Tampa for about $200. allegiantair.com

Just a thought...
Old 01-14-2018, 03:13 PM   #9

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #6999
Send a message via Skype™ to sage
Melbourne, FL Show

Has anyone been to this show? We're thinking about heading that way this afternoon. Mostly, we're wondering what Thor is showing?
Old 01-14-2018, 04:07 PM   #10

Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Thor usually doesn’t “show” anything at shows. The give the local dealers incentives to show and sell their RVs and usually only allow one dealer to show at any one show. In Tampa, for example both an Axis and a Vegas dealer are usually at the show. So it depends on what the local dealer had in their inventory, how much space they rent at the show, and what they think will show the best. We are heading up to Tampa next week for their show.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:23 PM   #11

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Tampa Super Show is pretty good, and very large. If looking for new models, or to make side-by-side comparisons, that's where I'd go.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:35 PM   #12

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
true, manufacturers who use dealers to sell their units don't 'show' at the show, the dealer does. The dealers decide, sometimes in conjunction with the factory of course, which models and floorplans they will have at the show. Sometimes these come from their own stock, but many times they order SPECIFICALLY for this show, and the unit arrives at the show, not to the dealer. The dealer then sends their employees to PDI and do any show prep for the unit, park it where it needs to be seen, and set it up for walkthroughs...
While 'Thor' has many models at most shows, it can also vary since sometimes only a single dealer is representing their brand, while another show, such as Tampa, may have three or four, but none will show the same models. One may have the towables and or fifths, another the ClassC units, and another the ClassAs, or even another the Diesels.
I know one dealer in TN who only carries ClassA gas units, and does not want to get into the diesel line. Another in NC concentrates mostly on Diesels and would probably never have a gasser at a show, it's just not their business model.

Having said that, certainly the factories have their sales teams and employees there to help the dealer not only possibly 'sell' the units, but really to drum up enthusiasm and answer questions of potential customers, show off their wares, and create a buzz for the models on show.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:03 PM   #13

THOR #10401
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
Has anyone been to this show? We're thinking about heading that way this afternoon. Mostly, we're wondering what Thor is showing?

If you are talking about the Washington Show, I know they only have one Aria there. I this it’s the small one 3401.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:05 PM   #14

THOR #10401
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
true, manufacturers who use dealers to sell their units don't 'show' at the show, the dealer does. The dealers decide, sometimes in conjunction with the factory of course, which models and floorplans they will have at the show. Sometimes these come from their own stock, but many times they order SPECIFICALLY for this show, and the unit arrives at the show, not to the dealer. The dealer then sends their employees to PDI and do any show prep for the unit, park it where it needs to be seen, and set it up for walkthroughs...
While 'Thor' has many models at most shows, it can also vary since sometimes only a single dealer is representing their brand, while another show, such as Tampa, may have three or four, but none will show the same models. One may have the towables and or fifths, another the ClassC units, and another the ClassAs, or even another the Diesels.
I know one dealer in TN who only carries ClassA gas units, and does not want to get into the diesel line. Another in NC concentrates mostly on Diesels and would probably never have a gasser at a show, it's just not their business model.

Having said that, certainly the factories have their sales teams and employees there to help the dealer not only possibly 'sell' the units, but really to drum up enthusiasm and answer questions of potential customers, show off their wares, and create a buzz for the models on show.

They had a great variety at the Hershey show but the 4000 hadn’t been released yet. It was interesting too the Newmar dealer had a lot of stock on display but. It a single bunkhouse model.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:30 PM   #15

THOR #6999
Well, that’s interesting. I wrote my post on my laptop, using the browser. I added a Topic Title: Melbourne Florida RV Show. And that title shows when reading in the browser. But right now I’m in the Thor Forums app on my iPad and that title doesn’t appear. Which is why rcindc had to ask if I was asking about “the Washington show”. So reply titles aren’t displayed within the apps.

Anyway, I was hoping that they might have the 27.7 at the show, but it turns out, it’s not really a “show”. LaMesa RV apparently rented a large section of the Melbourne Square Mall parking lot, moved in about 100 rigs and called it a show. The only Vegas models that they had on hand were a 25.2, a 25.3, and a 25.4

So I guess I head for Tampa later this week. But I’m going to contact someone at Thor and see if I can find out if they will have either a 25.6 or a 27.7 on display.

LaMesa did have an Ace 27.7 at this “show” and it is very similar in layout to the Vegas 27.7. Enough so that I’m even more intrigued this new model than I had been. The Significant Other is threatening to lock up the check book.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:50 PM   #16

Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Contact Camping World of Tampa and they should be able to tell you which Axis models will be there. General RV of Tampa (I believe) has the Vegas at the Tampa show, but the several times I have gone, the number of models they bring has been small. They are worth looking at, however, and several Forum members have purchased from them and have given good reviews. I purchased from Camping World and had a good purchase and PDI, but not so good warrantee repair work.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:50 PM   #17

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:

.....cut.....

So I guess I head for Tampa later this week. But I’m going to contact someone at Thor and see if I can find out if they will have either a 25.6 or a 27.7 on display.

.....cut.....
If I recall correctly, last year they had at least one each of the Axis/Vegas floorplans at the Tampa Super Show. Great idea to check in advance, but I'd guess they will have them all again.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #18

THOR #6999
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give CW & General a call tomorrow.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:00 AM   #19

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Quote:
...Anyway, I was hoping that they might have the 27.7 at the show, but it turns out, it’s not really a “show”. LaMesa RV apparently rented a large section of the Melbourne Square Mall parking lot, moved in about 100 rigs and called it a show. The only Vegas models that they had on hand were a 25.2, a 25.3, and a 25.4..
That's a trick LaMesa pulls often. I think they did one in Daytona last weekend. They heavily advertise a big "RV Show" with hundreds of RVs, but really it is just one dealer. That's why there is no admittance charge!

For the Tampa show, tickets are $10 at the door and $9 in advance on their website. Ticket good for 2 days. Military and First Responders get the same $1 off. Oh, and parking is $6. Inside and outside, it's more than you can cover in a day!
Old 01-15-2018, 02:27 PM   #20

Model: Palazzo 37.4
THOR #7274
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give CW & General a call tomorrow.
Lazy Days usually has Thor models at the Tampa show. We bought ours from them... Camping world limits there Thor models for some reason...