Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2020, 06:16 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Louisiana
THOR #17770
Post Thor Sequence Class B

Could you start a Class B section on this forum and add the Thor Sequence as an RV section? I would like share my experiences with my new 2020 Sequence and get feedback from other owners.

John

Old 01-08-2020, 06:27 PM   #2

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topoceans View Post
Could you start a Class B section on this forum and add the Thor Sequence as an RV section? I would like share my experiences with my new 2020 Sequence and get feedback from other owners.

John
Just a question, nothing else;

Everyone needs their own section as a place to start maybe but the general
Modifications
Maintenance
Sections are going to be of much greater use to you.
My seat mod came from an aria, my latches from the fifth wheel group and some info from a diesel guy fixed my ac.

What would you do in the specific subbranch?
I don't do a thing in the axis subset(if there is one, I really don't know) other than read it along with all others.

Any experience you have would be welcome by all of us regardless of unit.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:45 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I agree: share with ALL of us!

And Welcome to the Forum too!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:20 AM   #4

THOR #17770
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Just a question, nothing else;

Everyone needs their own section as a place to start maybe but the general
Modifications
Maintenance
Sections are going to be of much greater use to you.
My seat mod came from an aria, my latches from the fifth wheel group and some info from a diesel guy fixed my ac.

What would you do in the specific subbranch?
I don't do a thing in the axis subset(if there is one, I really don't know) other than read it along with all others.

Any experience you have would be welcome by all of us regardless of unit.
Good point! I will share general things that way, otherwise, it would be hard for others to find.

I have had some specific problems with the Thor Sequence that I thought a new buyer might learn from my tips such as the sewer hose compartment is small and the glass door to the medicine cabinet magnet is not strong enough. Mine flew open and broke yesterday.

But on general topics I agree with you 100%.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:30 AM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
There is a "Thor Motor Coach | Class A, Class B+ & Class C Motorhomes" section. Should we re-title it to include Class Bs? As you can see there is no breakdown into As, Cs, or other individual classes of motorhomes. Just create a thread in that area with your MH type and anybody doing a search for Sequence should be able to find it. Just like anybody with a 29M Class A can easily find all the info in "Jerry's Hurricane Mods", much of which applies to many other coaches as well.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:04 PM   #6

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Congratulations

The Sequence has received favorable press from some reviewers.

https://www.curbed.com/2019/12/27/21...mper-vans-2019

https://www.curbed.com/2019/4/11/183...coach-sequence
Old 02-04-2020, 01:15 AM   #7

Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3069
I have been disappointed with the results of my Sequence searches.

Maybe starting a thread titled Thor Sequence will help.

I suspect there are not many in the wild yet.

We looked at the Winnebago Travato last fall and liked most of it.

This year we noticed the Sequence with a much lower price. We got to check one out last week but were not able to drive it then.

Each version has it's good points. I felt the Travato had some higher quality features but it had the stock Promaster seats.

The sequence had different and more comfortable seats but not the ease of rotating that the Promaster offers. I liked the sequence ladder better but the bathroom may have been a little smaller.

Both had head banger cabs, the Sequence was worse. If The overhead storage in the sequence was not there I might buy it after a test ride.

I have a Dynamax REV on a Promaster chassis so I am familiar with that basic vehicle. My wife wants something shorter and lower to facilitate parking when visiting relatives. I can't think of any reason to get out of the REV other than the wife's desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
There is a "Thor Motor Coach | Class A, Class B+ & Class C Motorhomes" section. Should we re-title it to include Class Bs? As you can see there is no breakdown into As, Cs, or other individual classes of motorhomes. Just create a thread in that area with your MH type and anybody doing a search for Sequence should be able to find it. Just like anybody with a 29M Class A can easily find all the info in "Jerry's Hurricane Mods", much of which applies to many other coaches as well.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:31 AM   #8

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post

......cut.....

Each version has it's good points. I felt the Travato had some higher quality features but it had the stock Promaster seats.

The sequence had different and more comfortable seats but not the ease of rotating that the Promaster offers. ......cut.....

I have a Dynamax REV on a Promaster chassis so I am familiar with that basic vehicle. .......cut.......
I’m curious, which kind of seats do you have on REV? The factory ProMaster or aftermarket?

For what it’s worth, the factory PM seats used on Travato are very expensive. The integrated shoulder harness “plus” swivel capability that can meet automotive crash testing requires a beefy seat base and swivel assembly.

A friend I’m helping a little with restoration of a Classic GMC Motorhome priced a couple of PM seats from factory and they were ridiculously expensive. Only viable option is to find them used from a wrecked van; and not many have the optional swivel seats with integrated shoulder harness.

By the way, which Travato floorplan did you compare against? Rear corner bed with rear corner bath, or the rear bath with mid twin beds?

Also out of curiosity, how does your REV drive and what kind of MPG are you getting on highway, and at what speed? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:30 PM   #9

THOR #3069
I responded to you questions last night but don't see it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I’m curious, which kind of seats do you have on REV? The factory ProMaster or aftermarket?

For what it’s worth, the factory PM seats used on Travato are very expensive. The integrated shoulder harness “plus” swivel capability that can meet automotive crash testing requires a beefy seat base and swivel assembly.

A friend I’m helping a little with restoration of a Classic GMC Motorhome priced a couple of PM seats from factory and they were ridiculously expensive. Only viable option is to find them used from a wrecked van; and not many have the optional swivel seats with integrated shoulder harness.

By the way, which Travato floorplan did you compare against? Rear corner bed with rear corner bath, or the rear bath with mid twin beds?

Also out of curiosity, how does your REV drive and what kind of MPG are you getting on highway, and at what speed? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:26 PM   #10

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
I responded to you questions last night but don't see it here.
I checked my messages and it wasn’t there either.

Could you cut and paste reply if you still have it? I’d like to hear how the heavier ProMaster-based rigs drive and are holding up. Some B+ in the 24-foot range had rear axle at or near load limit, which could be a concern. Had also heard of fuel economy in 12 MPG range for B+ if driven under 65 MPH. Is that close to your experience?

My main concern with all ProMasters are the transmissions. With gas engines, downshifts at highway speeds can result in high RPMs. Have you experienced any of that, and if so, does it bother you?
Old 02-05-2020, 01:13 AM   #11

THOR #3069
Will try again later tonight for complete response.

I want to have all your questions in front of me.

One thing to know is that the cab heater and air conditioner will warm or cool the entire inside quickly.
Quote:
I checked my messages and it wasn’t there either.

Could you cut and paste reply if you still have it? I’d like to hear how the heavier ProMaster-based rigs drive and are holding up. Some B+ in the 24-foot range had rear axle at or near load limit, which could be a concern. Had also heard of fuel economy in 12 MPG range for B+ if driven under 65 MPH. Is that close to your experience?

My main concern with all ProMasters are the transmissions. With gas engines, downshifts at highway speeds can result in high RPMs. Have you experienced any of that, and if so, does it bother you?
Old 02-06-2020, 01:04 AM   #12

THOR #17770
You are right about the headbanger cab...hit my head every time. Also, the Thule bike rack on the back is nice but I have hit my head and shoulder on that thing more times than I want to recall. I told my wife I am going to start wearing a hard hat around the Sequence.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:19 AM   #13

THOR #3069
Quote:

——
I have the factory Promaster seats. I believe I mentioned they offer insufficient support in width and under the thigh. The Sequence seem much more comfortable but I didn’t drive it. Unfortunately they take up a lot more room in the cab and you lose the neat factory seat adjusters.

The literature says that both can seats swivel. I guess that the drivers seat must be pushed forward to do so.

I compared the K version of both, the twin bed version. More practical for the two of us.

The REV drives extremely well. Rock solid in all kinds of weather and conditions. Dynamax tweaked the rear suspension to improve the ride and it seems to be more than marketing hype.

I average 12 MPG. I live in a hilly area and most of my driving is fairly local. I have seen as high as 17 mpg but generally will get up to 15 mpg on highway trips if I keep the speed in the 60’s. I have a heavy foot and will often find my self well into the 70’s or 80’s. almost always very stable, if not I slow down into the 60’s.

I only weighed it once when fairly new. Exactly 8900 lbs. with gas and water, two people and a dog. Best to try to move some weight to the front if possible otherwise you can get wheel spin.

You will get high RPM going up some hills and you didn’t get enough momentum before hitting the hill. Assuming you want to keep up with traffic. I agree downshifting will drive up the tach also. I usually keep the trans in Drive and let it do the shifting. Tow/Haul mode will also add some RPMs. All considered not too bad and the drivetrain is designed for that.

It bothered me at first until I got accustomed to it. My previous RV had a Chevy V8 so it didn’t rev as high.

Travato added a shelf in the front due to customer suggestions but that cut down on head room. Sequence has two shelves in front for less head room. I would prefer to delete those shelves if possible.

Assuming that there was no problems during a test drive I would have bought the lower priced Sequence if it didn’t have the head bangers.

My wife likes the lower height and shorter body for parking. We also have too many tree branches in our area to avoid.

I like the factory shell which eliminates much roof maintenance and opportunity for Thor to foul up construction.

I am not sure why but the Thor version seems to be a little shorter inside.

I don’t want the roof racks or the bike racks.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:56 AM   #14

THOR #2121
Thanks much.

I appreciate the report. It’s good to know motorhomes in that size range can get 12 MPG or higher when driven conservatively.
Old 02-06-2020, 04:59 AM   #15

THOR #3069
Quote:
Thanks much.

I appreciate the report. It’s good to know motorhomes in that size range can get 12 MPG or higher when driven conservatively.
Depending on where you are driving you could expect better mpg than 12.

Most of my driving is short trip; almost like a daily driver.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:16 AM   #16

THOR #17770
Thumbs down Small Windows in Thor Sequence

The salesman sold me on the small windows that open on both sides of the van for cross ventilation, which sounds like a good idea until you try to use them. Thor provides two small screens on a roller that go in sideways to install each time you open the window. First, they are hard to install each time because the small spindle hole is hidden at the top of the window opening. Finally, you unroll them out and there is a hook handle for the backside of the window, but there is a half-inch gap on the top and bottom. I don't know what world Thor lives in, but I live in a world of insects and especially mosquitoes, which makes these screens ineffective. Plus I travel with a cat that can easily escape out of these windows even with the screen. Yesterday I took two strips of velcro and put on the top and bottom of the screen, so now I can fasten the screen to keep my cat in and maybe a few fewer insects. They did not think this scenario though, so don't let an RV salesman trick you on this feature.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:36 AM   #17

THOR #3069
That is good real life information.

Unlikely you will get mush ventilation through tiny windows anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topoceans View Post
The salesman sold me on the small windows that open on both sides of the van for cross ventilation, which sounds like a good idea until you try to use them. Thor provides two small screens on a roller that go in sideways to install each time you open the window. First, they are hard to install each time because the small spindle hole is hidden at the top of the window opening. Finally, you unroll them out and there is a hook handle for the backside of the window, but there is a half-inch gap on the top and bottom. I don't know what world Thor lives in, but I live in a world of insects and especially mosquitoes, which makes these screens ineffective. Plus I travel with a cat that can easily escape out of these windows even with the screen. Yesterday I took two strips of velcro and put on the top and bottom of the screen, so now I can fasten the screen to keep my cat in and maybe a few fewer insects. They did not think this scenario though, so don't let an RV salesman trick you on this feature.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:57 PM   #18

THOR #2121
That’s one of the compromises of having the “window van” look. Another is much greater heat transfer when camping in cold or hot weather. They certainly look nicer, but aren’t quite as functional as RV windows in my opinion; particularly when compared to dual pane awning-style.

I worked those small windows at La Mesa some time back and was not impressed either, but figured it would get easier with practice. For ventilation on a nice day I’d leave side door open in a van as long as door has screen (and most vans do now for that reason). Also, with roof fan on, it should pull quite a bit of air through small window openings at night or when cooler outside.

Our old van’s windows open very little so we end up running A/C more often than we would otherwise. It’s a small price for greater visibility and making space feel larger. Still, after many years of use, I’m not sure I’d go with a window van again. It’s a tough choice with pros and cons.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:34 PM   #19

THOR #3069
Quote:
That’s one of the compromises of having the “window van” look. Another is much greater heat transfer when camping in cold or hot weather. They certainly look nicer, but aren’t quite as functional as RV windows in my opinion; particularly when compared to dual pane awning-style.

I worked those small windows at La Mesa some time back and was not impressed either, but figured it would get easier with practice. For ventilation on a nice day I’d leave side door open in a van as long as door has screen (and most vans do now for that reason). Also, with roof fan on, it should pull quite a bit of air through small window openings at night or when cooler outside.

Our old van’s windows open very little so we end up running A/C more often than we would otherwise. It’s a small price for greater visibility and making space feel larger. Still, after many years of use, I’m not sure I’d go with a window van again. It’s a tough choice with pros and cons.

Another good perspective.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:46 PM   #20

THOR #3069
This is my experience with windows on 2 24’ motorhomes.

First was my Sunseeker. It had a large sliding window by the dinette. That offered excellent ventilation. There was a tiny window on the other side that was almost useless for ventilation.

My Dynamax REV has 4 awning windows on drivers side and 2 awning windows on passenger side by the dinette. They offer good light and a nice view out. The ventilation is marginal because awning window don’t open as much as sliders.

We get a very nice breeze with the cab windows open which should be the same for any Promaster based van. Of course bugs can enter.

There is an emergency exit window in the rear bathroom. If I open that we get all the ventilation we could ever want when some of the awning windows are open.

Tiny sliders and awning widows offer little ventilation.

Tags
2020, class b, sequence, thor