Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2018, 08:53 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Majestic 19g
State: British Columbia
THOR #10987
19g Cover

Looking to purchase all weather cover for my 2012 19g. Does anyone have suggestions on one that fits the 19g properly?

Old 03-16-2018, 11:21 PM   #2

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
A good quality wax job! Fits tight, won't shred & blow away in the wind, won't rub the corners raw from flapping, don't need to be on the roof or fall off trying to wrestle it in place, but you will need to replace it at least annually instead of every other year.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:11 AM   #3

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Agreed the more you read the more you'll figure that a cover is going to do damage to your RV. With 3 Nor'easters in the past 2 weeks I'm glad I didn't buy a cover. I see many shreaded covers from the winds around me. And I figured... I don't see my dealer covering any of their units.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:01 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Conversely: We're on the 4th winter with our cover, most likely its last--they do wear out.

So far we've had no wear marks on the edges from the cover, it hasn't shredded itself and blown away, and I haven't fallen off the roof. Our Axis is two years older than the other Axis in the storage lot (which doesn't get covered) and that Axis looks much older than ours.

At our storage lot the RVs are packed pretty tightly so that each is sheltered a little from the wind by the others (which probably contributes a bit to our cover staying on). You also have to make sure to get one that fits right.

Our Axis is our 4th RV and the only one that I've covered (and only covered over winter). We did try to cover our last RV (a 5th wheel) and that cover ended up like others describe here: It only took 2 months before the cover flew off and mated with the cover from the RV next to us. This made me a little leery of covering our Axis but I wanted to try it anyway: We had the 5th wheel for a good 10+ years and far more damaging to the RV than a wayward cover is UV. Thus the justification for the cover: If I can keep it out of the sunlight for a good 6 months of the year I'm going to do it.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
19g, chateau, cover, majestic