Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2017, 07:42 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #1812
When I looked at a 2018 Vegas was surprised to see the hood is hinged to go upwards - older Vegas hood goes down. My feeling was access was much worse. And I have spent a lot of time under the hood....[emoji33]

Old 08-02-2017, 07:59 PM   #42

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: South Carolina
THOR #7750
I have not found it to be too bad it is still impossible to get up inside the compartment even if the hood is removed.

I have been wide open trying to get everything on the to-do list done for our cross country trip. I haven't had time to do any video, will do a recap soon though.

We have added insulated window covers, dash camera, black tank flush system, handles on the closet doors, floor safe, changed out the hdmi/usb for a dual usb plug, installed garmin gps, and LED headlights. Its getting closer to being ready and I cant wait to get on the road.
2 Trail Hikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:27 AM   #43

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #7227
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
The fridge being part of that loop is a blessing and a curse. I think all things being equal I would have probably preferred that wasn't part of it. Will just have to keep fridge off of auto, or know that whenever the inverter is turned on to turn the fridge to gas.

Fridge aside, that's perfect. That's my big needs. The TVs, the bedside outlets and I had forgotten about the cabinet above, but that's big due to it being the location of the HDMI cables.

On the 12V on the circuit board. Are you referring to the disconnect that you said they had laying loose and you mounted to the right hand (bathroom side) wall of the cabinet, or something that's on the breaker panel?

Considering what you found on the loose connections, and I read a thread not longer ago about some wires or a switch/plug being damaged due to loose connections, I'm going to make a point of killing power to the coach and trying to find all the connections I can and check to make sure they are tight.

Just my 2 cents. You know you can put a remote control plug adapter in the inverter plug and this will allow you yo turn he fridge on and off the inventor at will.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:34 AM   #44

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJanTan View Post
Just my 2 cents. You know you can put a remote control plug adapter in the inverter plug and this will allow you yo turn he fridge on and off the inventor at will.
Good thinking.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:40 PM   #45

State: Texas
THOR #8252
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Trail Hikers View Post
Attachment 5589Got the dog house insulated with Dynamat hood liner.
Great info on this thread.

Is there a specific Dynamat liner or did you buy a hood liner and cut to fit? I watched your youtube on the inverter but didn't see one on the liner. (Just subscribed to you channel)
Old 08-03-2017, 01:45 PM   #46

THOR #7750
I bought actual hood liner and cut it to fit using paper to make patterns. I used the hood liner since it is designed to work in the engine compartment of vehicles for the added safety aspect. I've seen people use other products but really didn't want to take a chance. I didn't do a video on it, it would have been a lot of cutting fitting cutting, cussing and fitting lol. Thank you for subscribing and watching.

Dynamat 11905 Hoodliner 32" x 54" x 3/4" Thick Self-Adhesive Sound Deadener https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00069QLVC..._AabfD3FN9plmK
Old 08-04-2017, 02:56 PM   #47

State: Texas
THOR #8252
Quote:
I bought actual hood liner and cut it to fit using paper to make patterns. I used the hood liner since it is designed to work in the engine compartment of vehicles for the added safety aspect. I've seen people use other products but really didn't want to take a chance. I didn't do a video on it, it would have been a lot of cutting fitting cutting, cussing and fitting lol. Thank you for subscribing and watching.

Dynamat 11905 Hoodliner 32" x 54" x 3/4" Thick Self-Adhesive Sound Deadener https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00069QLVC..._AabfD3FN9plmK
Thank you, that is on my todo list
Old 08-04-2017, 03:51 PM   #48
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Cup holder upgrade.

From this.

to this.

Less than 10 bucks.

Ok so here is how it works. the outside diameter of the 3 inch sewer pipe coupling is 3 1/2" which is the exact size to fit inside the cup holder with the rubber bumpers still in place. Use a fine grit sand paper or scrub pad to clean and rough up the surfaces of the fitting and paint with the plastic approved paint. Once it is dry cut the velcro into strips and attach it to the coupling and place the matching side inside the cup holder so it lines up with the pieces you put on the coupling. take a piece of parchment paper/waxpaper or printer paper and wrap the coupling covering up the velcro and slide it inside the cup holder. Once you have it installed and lined up slide the paper out and this will allow the velcro to contact hence holding the coupling in the cup holder and extending it up I have tried a 24oz trevis cup and it fits snugly and securely. Teh advantage to using the sewer coupling is that it is thin walled and dosent take up much space in the inside leaving you room for your beverage. It may not fit everything but just like a car cup holder it will hold drinks much better than the original. Total cost was 10.87$ with tax. I actually done it a bit cheaper as I already had the velcro and paint from another project.
Another quick option is to put in Yeti foam coozies they fit perfectly and no cutting or painting.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:19 AM   #49

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Aims Pure sine wave inverter with built in transfer switch.

Just wondered how your inverter was running? Are you using the standard VEGAS house batteries, or did you upgrade or add to them?

About how long are you able to run the inverter with minimal (1 tv and laptop) draw?
Old 08-15-2017, 03:08 PM   #50

THOR #7750
So far we are using the original house batteries. As for a time I cant tell you we have only tested it around the house so far. Were heading out soon on a cross country trip so that will be the test.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:45 AM   #51

Brand: Still Looking
State: Indiana
THOR #5609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Another quick option is to put in Yeti foam coozies they fit perfectly and no cutting or painting.
Yeti makes a foam coozie?