Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2018, 10:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: California
THOR #7103
Control/Monitor Panel

Has anyone installed a light over the control/monitor panel? You know, where the slide/water pump controls and holding tank/LP/battery levels are.

I think it would be easier to read the panel if there were a light there, but don't know exactly what I would use. Hate to 're-invent the wheel' if someone has already done it.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:17 PM   #2

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #9747
I used a small round battery operated LED light that I got from Costco. They come about 5 to a pack with an adhesive backing. I stuck mine to the back side of the door. Not fancy but it works.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:01 AM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: California
THOR #7103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Ernie View Post
I used a small round battery operated LED light that I got from Costco. They come about 5 to a pack with an adhesive backing. I stuck mine to the back side of the door. Not fancy but it works.
Thanks, Az Ernie. I was thinking of using that type of light I have some in the wardrobes; but think it may shine in my eyes and blind me. :-/

Let's see if I can describe where the panel is . . . as you walk in the coach door, on the left hand side is the kitchen cabinet. The panel is almost at the top of and on the outside of the cabinet. To read it I have to stand on tip toe and be careful not to fall into the stairwell. The main cabin lights are great, but the panel is 'around the corner' on the cabinet and in the shadows.

I was thinking I probably need something to point at the panel. Maybe a goose neck (?) I was looking at spotlights but there is nothing to mount a light on. Directly across from the panel is the bunk on the slide and the TV is next to it (over the door.)
Old 03-30-2018, 12:28 AM   #4

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #9747
Mine is inside a cabinet above the coach door. Here is a quick photo. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180310_090415.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	9522
Old 03-30-2018, 02:04 AM   #5

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: New York
THOR #6509
I installed a battery operated light that I attached to the inside of the panel access door. It's the type that you just push on and off. It lights up the panel very well. I also use them in some of my cabinets.