Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2019, 05:52 AM   #1
LDK

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Colorado
THOR #13190
Aria AC Tips?

Have a 2019 Aria 3901. Early September, will be heading to the Southeast. Will be much hotter than what we have experienced. Based on the limited use of the ACs thus far and in cooler climates, I have fear the RV will not cool down enough for us.

Am curious what other Aria owners have experienced? Hopefully experiences have been positive. Am reading other AC related posts on general recommendations to get/keep the inside cooler.

Thank you.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:44 AM   #2

Model: Aria 3901
State: Arizona
THOR #14127
I live in Phoenix, AZ with a 2017 Aria 3901. In 100+ degree temps, the ACs do cool off the unit so long as you use the night covers on the windows and run them both full blast. It takes them awhile to 'catch up' and the temp inside the coach rises very quickly if you let them shut off. When driving in high desert temps, I do find that it is hard to stay cool in the drivers seat...even with the chassis AC running in addition. When over 100+ degrees, I prefer to drive at night.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:33 AM   #3

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Cover the outside of the fishbowl windshield. Install a curtain behind the front seats. Why A/C that wasted space. Have all the windows dark tinted. Keep curtains closed. Go outside if you want to see the view. The airspace behind the curtain can be a insulator. Use a small fan to circulate the air. Moving air always seems cooler.
Old 06-23-2019, 02:05 AM   #4

Model: Venetian A40
State: Florida
THOR #12058
We have a Venetian A40. Similar layout at 41 ft with 2 a/c units living in central Fl all year. Currently days hit 96 with super high humidity and we just keep shades closed on all sides of coach. I keep front of coach set at 72° and bedroom at 69° all day and night. Living room, kitchen stay cool and bedroom never really heats up. We dont use reflectix cause I open windshield shades every morning for my coffee. Best advice is to never let it get hot to begin with. It takes so much longer to cool it back off. Also we drive with both a/c units on as well as dish a/c. Our monthly power bill at our resort is $82.

Tags
air conditioner, aria