Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-10-2017, 01:35 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I put a Maxxfan in, but didn't do the model with remote control..... but that might be a good option for you.

The maxxfan has a built in cover. I sortof like the idea of it but sorta not. I'd really prefer to have two layers covering the opening

Fantastic fan has a remote control model also

Old 02-10-2017, 09:02 PM   #62

Model: 2016 Freedom Elite 29FE
State: Mississippi
THOR #5561
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I put a Maxxfan in, but didn't do the model with remote control..... but that might be a good option for you.

The maxxfan has a built in cover. I sortof like the idea of it but sorta not. I'd really prefer to have two layers covering the opening

Fantastic fan has a remote control model also

Will I have to make any changes to the roof? Does the MaxxAir or Fantastic Fan fit the same box? I really don't want to mess with the original seals on the roof.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:43 PM   #63
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosbirn
Will I have to make any changes to the roof? Does the MaxxAir or Fantastic Fan fit the same box? I really don't want to mess with the original seals on the roof.
A Fantasic Fan is a complete replacement of the vent. You do have to remove the sealant. It really isn't that much of a problem--I've done 3 of them in two different campers.

There is the Vortex II vent fan upgrade which doesn't involve removing the vent--but it isn't remote controlled.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:06 AM   #64

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
Yeah, it really is very easy to do.... well a bit of work with the putty knife pulling away the old caulk, but if you have a drill/driver and a caulk gun that's pretty much all the skill you need.
You don't have to cut the roof or anything, they fit in the same hole.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:18 AM   #65

THOR #5561
Thank you Jamie & blw2 for your suggestions. I'll look into the Vortex II for now. I'm just not brave enough to attempt any changes to the roof. Maybe later after we've had the RV for a year or two. [emoji4]
Old 02-11-2017, 03:00 AM   #66

Model: A.C.E. 27.1
State: Texas
THOR #2240
I installed 3 of these last week, took about 10min per cover. I did have a existing black one over the toilet vent but wanted more light in there.

Camco Aero-flo Roof Vent Cover

https://www.walmart.com/ip/29764356?...&wl13=&veh=sem

Not bad quality for the price.

Tex.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:43 AM   #67

THOR #5561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
I installed 3 of these last week, took about 10min per cover. I did have a existing black one over the toilet vent but wanted more light in there.

Camco Aero-flo Roof Vent Cover

Not bad quality for the price.

Tex.

Interesting. That is different from the Camco covers at our Walmarts. Yes...great price.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:13 AM   #68

THOR #6815
New Four Winds 2017 22E

Hi all,
Newbie here. Just purchased a 22E today! I noticed it had 2 fans (upgrades, dk if so), but they were labeled "attic fans'. Should we have anything done to those; are they similar to fantastic fans, and do they have covers. We take possession next week, so a good question to ask them.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:16 AM   #69

THOR #6815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
We just bought a 2017 Four Winds 22E. I would like to swap one of the two vent only vents for a two way Fantastic Fan. Does anyone know if I will find the wires present? If not is there a work around?

Ken
OK just noiticed this reply. Sounds like I need to talk to the dealer about this too! Attic fans are not the same!
Old 04-16-2019, 08:21 PM   #70

Model: Freedom Elite
THOR #14082
My Class C mc has a 4 x 4 rear bumper tube used to house the sewer drain hose. I do not use it for the sewer hose but use it for my fishing rods. Anyway, I found a few wasps had built a nest inside the tube and accessed the interior through the black plastic end caps vent holes. I had some self adhesive window bug screen repair material and scissor cut two pieces and stuck over the holes and seem to have solve the problem of the wasps. Maybe an ideas like this may have some merit.