Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2017, 08:33 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SB
State: Kentucky
THOR #5426
Send a message via Skype™ to nite71
Aussie Gas Grill mounting ideas

This past October my wife and I took delivery of a 2017 Chateau 35SB. We are very happy with the RV overall. Just took it last week to get some warranty, shake-out issues taken care of. It's a four and a half hour drive to the dealer (Paul Sherry RVs, Piqua, OH) so I took my time in getting it back there.

One of the items that they did not have in October that I just picked up last week was the gas grill that was included with purchase. It is an Aussie model #6TV1U00SS1. The grill came with a mounting bracket so that you can attach it to your RV when parked. I'm not keen on drilling into the side of my new baby so I'm looking for any ideas other owners have had for this.

Thanks!
Jim

2017 Chateau 35SB
2011 Ranger Crew 800
nite71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:43 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by nite71 View Post
This past October my wife and I took delivery of a 2017 Chateau 35SB. We are very happy with the RV overall. Just took it last week to get some warranty, shake-out issues taken care of. It's a four and a half hour drive to the dealer (Paul Sherry RVs, Piqua, OH) so I took my time in getting it back there.

One of the items that they did not have in October that I just picked up last week was the gas grill that was included with purchase. It is an Aussie model #6TV1U00SS1. The grill came with a mounting bracket so that you can attach it to your RV when parked. I'm not keen on drilling into the side of my new baby so I'm looking for any ideas other owners have had for this.

Thanks!
Jim
Mine also came with a stand which is what I used with the grill before swapping over to a Weber.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:59 PM   #3

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I've seen many BBQs mounted to the rear ladder. Ladder is far enough away from the coach so as not to cause heat problems. If you got the hose with your grill check to see that it would be long enough to reach the ladder. You should have gotten a folding stand. Camping World sells folding tables to set a BBQ on, you might check that out.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:14 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: California
THOR #3788
Quote:

Thanks!
Jim

JIM
my 2016 Hurricane came with a stand
FMCA #F432587
rmblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:08 AM   #5

THOR #5426
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmblaster View Post
JIM
my 2016 Hurricane came with a stand
The dealer tried telling me the only stand would be for tabletop use (aka the stubby legs!) That is not what Thor told me. Thor told me to have the dealer call them if they didn't have any in stock. I think I will insist on that!

2017 Chateau 35SB
2011 Ranger Crew 800
Old 06-06-2017, 12:16 AM   #6

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #3788
Quote:
The dealer tried telling me the only stand would be for tabletop use (aka the stubby legs!) That is not what Thor told me. Thor told me to have the dealer call them if they didn't have any in stock. I think I will insist on that!

I would its not the greatest stand but it works

test griling
FMCA #F432587
rmblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:36 AM   #7

THOR #5426
[emoji106]

2017 Chateau 35SB
2011 Ranger Crew 800
Old 06-06-2017, 01:21 AM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Check out the ad that occasionally shows up at the bottom of this page...the one that says "8 Amazing Trailer Hitch Accessories you didn't know...". One of them is for a mounted gas grill off of the trailer hitch, maybe you can copy that idea.

Stowaway’s website is where you can see more.

DocMike

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:23 AM   #9
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
You have the grill on the stand wrong in the pic. The grill should be on the stand length wise. The way you have it it you are grilling and accidentally bump into it it will slide off the stand.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:52 AM   #10

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Florida
THOR #7232
Quote:

Thanks!
Jim

Jim,
Congrats on your new RV! When I first saw my grill as I was buying my ACE, my expectations were it's probably a couple use then throw it away. I was wrong!! I love this little grill! It heats up very fast, seers a steak beautifully and is easy to clean. To your concern, I would not mount it to the RV. Ours came with a stand to put it on, out we simply set it on the picnic table most sites provide. Not only would I not want to put holes in my unit, I question the safety aspect as well. Enjoy! [emoji106]
Old 06-06-2017, 11:38 AM   #11

State: Alaska
THOR #6879
I bought a fold out table that opened with sides for cooking and bottom shelf. I got it at CW around 60 bucks. It folds flat and stores in basement. Then I set it up next to the propane gas fitting. Didn't want it attached to the side of RV for chance if warping side.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:19 PM   #12

Model: 2014 Windsport 34f
State: Alabama
THOR #6507
I like that stand, does anyone know where I can purchase one on-line?

I too, do not want to make holes in my RV.
Toad: (Wally One) 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking (4 Down)
"Welcome to our front porch"
rickymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:33 PM   #13
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickymac View Post
I like that stand, does anyone know where I can purchase one on-line?

I too, do not want to make holes in my RV.
Simple Google search for Aussie Grill Stand

https://www.etrailer.com/Grills-and-...77-000126.html
FMCA - F432054
Old 06-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #14

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #3552
I did drill holes in the back of my new RV to mount a paddle board rack. But I drilled into one of the storage bins and added big plates on the backside. The wall itself is pretty flimsy (fiberglass - foam - very thin wood). I was nervous about drilling but after 15K miles it seems solid.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:06 PM   #15

THOR #5426
I don't think I could bring myself to drill into any side of my Chateau!

2017 Chateau 35SB
2011 Ranger Crew 800
Old 06-08-2017, 06:47 PM   #16

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
You have the grill on the stand wrong in the pic. The grill should be on the stand length wise. The way you have it it you are grilling and accidentally bump into it it will slide off the stand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Simple Google search for Aussie Grill Stand

https://www.etrailer.com/Grills-and-...77-000126.html

I think I had to remove the lower grease catch, and squeeze/stretch things it to make it fit on the stand, likely in the orientation shown above. I did not like that arrangement so I have resorted to placing it on a table.

The pictures in the ad for purchasing the stand show a different style of legs on the grill. Something is not right with the stand/grill compatibility that seem to have been delivered.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:50 PM   #17
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredman View Post
I think I had to remove the lower grease catch, and squeeze/stretch things it to make it fit on the stand, likely in the orientation shown above. I did not like that arrangement so I have resorted to placing it on a table.

The pictures in the ad for purchasing the stand show a different style of legs on the grill. Something is not right with the stand/grill compatibility that seem to have been delivered.
Not to insult anyone's intelligence but did you rotate the legs to the extended position. The legs on the grill rotate out for use on the stand and rotate in for use as a table top grill.
FMCA - F432054
Old 06-09-2017, 02:32 PM   #18

THOR #6040
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Not to insult anyone's intelligence but did you rotate the legs to the extended position. The legs on the grill rotate out for use on the stand and rotate in for use as a table top grill.
I was hopeful, but there seems to be 2 different style of legs for these grills. THe one on the left is similar to mine, I dont think the legs rotate. The one on the right is from the ad for the stand, which looks like a nice fit and maybe those legs do rotate to 2 positions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	5212  
Old 06-27-2017, 01:03 PM   #19

THOR #6040
dstankov, you are correct.

After getting back to the grill and looking at it, the legs do in fact rotate out to extend to the correct width matching the stand. Thanks.