Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2017, 12:20 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd11 View Post
Hi Ty,

I see you installed a Trac Bar. Do you know what model you installed.
I do notice it;s a bit wild at times, especially when windy.

You probably know this too. I will be importing this into Canada in another month or 2. They require DayTime Running Lights. Do the strip of LED lights under the head light that are always on when the engine is on qualify as DRL?

I've been searching for that one a while and I'm thinking they do but would hate to get stopped at the boarder when trying to enter with this rig.

Thanks
Jeffd11
I got the SuperSteer Trac Bar though I can't say it's any better than the other one. I do know it wasn't a perfect fit But it sure reduces the tail wag.

Those headlight LED light strips seem to always be on when the key is on. However I have no idea if they'd be considered DTR by DOT.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:30 AM   #42

THOR #1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Ty,
Funny you should mention the rear lift. I just had my RV service center install spacers on the axles that lifted it two inches at the rear bumper. You can now see space when looking across the top of the rear wheel well. I have a bit of a problem pulling out of my sloped driveway so hopefully, this will take care of it even though I have steel rollers on the back already.
Could sure use some additional clearance for the places we go to camp. I've been pretty creative with getting through spots without damage "so far" but there've been several really nice spots that we've simply passed on due to access challenges that 2-3 inches all around would eliminate.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:32 PM   #43
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCreek View Post
I got the SuperSteer Trac Bar though I can't say it's any better than the other one. I do know it wasn't a perfect fit But it sure reduces the tail wag.

Those headlight LED light strips seem to always be on when the key is on. However I have no idea if they'd be considered DTR by DOT.
Ty ... we just read your post regarding the Trac Bar ... Since Ron installed the Sumo Springs in April...our first outing was last week in the crosswinds of KS, Okla & Texas...I asked him if he noticed a difference on the tail wag...he says it is noticeably less. He does not think he will do the Trac Bar at this time.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:23 PM   #44

THOR #1944
True tail wag is not something that sumo or timbren bumpers can really fix ... however they do add some side to side resistance into the equation. If it handles better that's all that matters!

If we keep the axis much longer and a few other "if's" the +2.5" front springs have my name on them The rear is easy to add spacer blocks or air bags to compensate if needed. I really liked my in-dash controls for campsite leveling I had with a previous air bag setup. It's pretty cool to raise/lower a couple inches when needed by pressing a button to dump or pump individual bags.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:57 PM   #45

THOR #1944
I've done a few 3D printed RV related things so I thought I'd put a link here for that thread http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...ries-6824.html
Old 07-12-2021, 05:01 PM   #46
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Hi Ed ... 2 weeks ago we sold our Axis 24.1 to friends who wanted it when we were ready to downsize....The deal was done. Sadly, with Rons recent short term memory loss...he had not tended to the generator on a regular basis..and I did not have it on my checklist ! ! We never boondocked, so it was out of mind, literally. SO...MOVING ON....these folks like to boondock and the first thing he did was check the generator...it wouldn't start...he pulled the carburator and cleaned it well...made sure the gas line had fresh gas running through it (he is a retired Firefighter and was responsible for keeping the trucks in running order)....with the generator still, acting up...it will run, but miss..kinda...he ordered via Amazon a replacement which didnt work...I told him I would check with you and the others on the Forum to see if someone has any additional information I can pass on to him. THANK YOU ! KAY
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 07-12-2021, 05:47 PM   #47

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
With it not being used in a long time and then starting and stumbling that is almost certainly caused by ethanol fuel forming varnish on the critical parts. But first to eliminate the cheap solution, replace the spark plug. Several carburetor solutions:

New Onan carburetor- Very expensive, $250+
Third party (Chinese) carburetor, less than $50 on Amazon
Remove, disassemble and soak existing one in carb cleaner- $10 for a quart of cleaner at an auto parts shop.

David
Old 07-12-2021, 06:05 PM   #48

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
A PSA, nothing more:

Rvchecklist
Is a perfect app so as to not forget things.
Free.
287ish installed check items, and add or take off the list as you like,

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:16 PM   #49
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
With it not being used in a long time and then starting and stumbling that is almost certainly caused by ethanol fuel forming varnish on the critical parts. But first to eliminate the cheap solution, replace the spark plug. Several carburetor solutions:

New Onan carburetor- Very expensive, $250+
Third party (Chinese) carburetor, less than $50 on Amazon
Remove, disassemble and soak existing one in carb cleaner- $10 for a quart of cleaner at an auto parts shop.

David
Thank you David ! I found 2 YouTube videos with excellent info...including one which the fellow uses 2 parts gas and 1 part SeaFoam to run through the generator for about half hour....This is GREAT info for anyone ! This is all stuff Ron used to do....but, has simply forgotten....On the Axis...he pretty miuch...was in the declining stage...as far as remembering what needs to be done.
Thank goodness, we worked together for 40 years...he taught me so much...now, I remind him how to do things !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 07-12-2021, 07:21 PM   #50
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
A PSA, nothing more:

Rvchecklist
Is a perfect app so as to not forget things.
Free.
287ish installed check items, and add or take off the list as you like,
I agree...checklist is priceless...Ron had his and I had mine....unfortunately, the last maintenance he did was oil change a little over a year ago.
I winterized, etc. last year...and de-winterized this Spring...etc.
THANKYOU FOR YOUR HELP..I have always enjoyed your commentary...
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 07-15-2021, 01:01 PM   #51

State: Florida
THOR #24089
I've used this for years... Great stuff!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	star tron.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	32068  
Old 07-16-2021, 09:23 PM   #52
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis25.2 View Post
I've used this for years... Great stuff!
ThankYOU....I think the issue was resolved....He used a mix of gas and seafoam...and ran it through per a YouTube video...
Jeep Wrangler TJ