Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2017, 11:24 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by B7smith View Post
Was looking to do the same thing, but was unable to find an ACC wire in the dash. Today I installed a triple LED switch that controls the TPMS, dash cam and Garmin 770. I spliced off of the cigarette plug. Although the switch is not on an ACC circuit the illuminated LED serve as a reminder that they need attention after the key has been turned off.
That is a great looking install!

Old 12-12-2017, 11:27 PM   #22

Model: ACE 29.4
State: California
THOR #9328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
That is a great looking install!
Thx!
Old 12-13-2017, 01:43 AM   #23

Model: Axis 25.4
THOR #6582
@ Oneilkeys ...The two orange wires that run into the mirror heat switch are the power and ground.

I think you're wrong here. That Dash Harness you posted is dated '13. I called Thor CS and got the current Dash Harness. It indicates the the the Orange wire (one has a Black stripe) are the left and right heater wires. It seems that the White wire is the ground from else where on the sheet. Also those would be the switch legs (after the switch), I think you want to tap the Blue/Red wire instead. <2cents worth
Old 12-13-2017, 02:49 PM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
@ Oneilkeys ...The two orange wires that run into the mirror heat switch are the power and ground.

I think you're wrong here. That Dash Harness you posted is dated '13. I called Thor CS and got the current Dash Harness. It indicates the the the Orange wire (one has a Black stripe) are the left and right heater wires. It seems that the White wire is the ground from else where on the sheet. Also those would be the switch legs (after the switch), I think you want to tap the Blue/Red wire instead. <2cents worth
Thanks for the post. It made me rethink the problem. The two orange wires go into and out of the lighted switch for the mirror heat. Thinking about it, of course, one is hot all the time (as long as the ACC switch is on) and the other is only hot when the switch and the light are on. That switch, as any light switch, is just an interrupt in a hot wire. So I need to take the feed for my Port from the “in” orange wire that is always hot and find a ground wire under the dash or test that white wire and make sure it is really the ground. Thanks again. Senior moment.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:36 PM   #25

THOR #6582
@ Oneilkeys, I don't have my Axis here but from the Dash Harness diagram, I believe the Blue/White wire is the hot (ACC keyed) and the White is ground. The fuse for this is in the driver (left) front compartment, # F 15, 10A.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:27 PM   #26

THOR #6582
Dash fuse block image

The fuse block for the dash is under the driver in the front compartment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash block, fuses-sm.png
Views:	101
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	8211  
Old 12-13-2017, 04:38 PM   #27

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
The fuse block for the dash is under the driver in the front compartment.
Thanks for the diagram. The blue/White wire cannot be the mirror wire F15 because the two wires feeding into the mirror heat switch are the orange and orange/black. One of those has to feed into F15. The blue/white is probably the hot wire for the mirror adjustment. It’s one of the four wires that feeds into that switch next to the mirror heat. I will test the white wire feeding into the mirror adjust switch and see if it is a ground. I am still waiting for the USB port to arrive. Two day Amazon Prime is now in day 4 - but it is Xmas.

Could you please post the dash harness diagram. I would like it for my files. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:37 PM   #28

THOR #6582
Here's the Dash Harness Diagram, I hope. The mirror heater switch is in the lower left corner.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:33 AM   #29
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Folks... Please don't ask for - or post - information labeled as Thor proprietary... Thor is nice enough to send it to those that ask - and we want them to continue to do so.
I know we are just trying to help each other - but we need to respect their copyright and intellectual property...

(yes - I am sensitive to this having had my copyrighted work illegally used by others... Thor has no obligation to share those drawings with us - and I don't want them to stop doing so.)
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:56 PM   #30

THOR #1765
To finish up this thread, I received a dual 5v 4.2 amp (total) USB port from Amazon today and hooked it up. I spliced into the orange wire which goes to mirror heater switch as the positive wire and led it under the cup holder and down behind the dash next to the windshield wiper/washer switch. I then drilled a 1 1/8 hole beneath the windshield wiper/washer switch and hooked up the positive lead. For the negative wire, I spliced into a ground wire that I had installed for my solar panel that I know leads directly to the negative battery post on the chassis battery. While the orange and black wire in the post next to the orange wire in the mirror heater switch will work as a ground, if you use it, you are effectively bypassing the mirror heater switch which will leave the mirror heater for one of the mirrors on continuously - not a good idea. Now I have a USB port hooked to the ACC switch where I can easily power my TMPS and dashboard camera.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:26 AM   #31

THOR #6582
I'm glad that worked our for you!
Old 12-16-2017, 02:22 PM   #32

THOR #1765
Quote: