Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-08-2019, 11:01 PM   #1701

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
PABS4,

They make an extension cover/mesh that you slide into the extra slot that is on your awning's roll up bar, it runs parallel to the light bar that is in our 2016 Vegas's awning. Ours adds a 5 foot extension to the awning and really helps with the glare. This past weekend I saw an RV with one that was 8 foot!

I believe I got it at CW. I'll look for a picture when I get home.

DocMIke

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 06:48 AM   #1702

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Europe
THOR #9936
I had the same problem, I tried hanging a towel on to see, but no good. I had an awning side made that slides into the groove in the awning roller and goes almost the whole way down the side. It has brass eyelets in the bottom, 5 of them, that I use small bungee loops t peg it to the ground and had a window pit into the middle. I went to a sailmaker who made it up in a few days and charged a fraction of the 'off the peg' ones.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:09 PM   #1703

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #13816
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
PABS4,

They make an extension cover/mesh that you slide into the extra slot that is on your awning's roll up bar, it runs parallel to the light bar that is in our 2016 Vegas's awning. Ours adds a 5 foot extension to the awning and really helps with the glare. This past weekend I saw an RV with one that was 8 foot!

I believe I got it at CW. I'll look for a picture when I get home.

DocMIke
Thanks so much! I’ll see if I can find one!
Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:45 PM   #1704

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
No 'before' pictures, but none should be needed.
The backup lights built into my tailights did not have any reflectors. The back of the light housing was the right parabolic shape, but it was black.
It produced 550lumens per bulb at two feet, basically a large candle.

I bought cheap led replacement bulbs and then lined the cavity with aluminum tape like you seal ducting with.
All I did was cut two strips and put them on the back in a cross pattern. No cutting circles or filling gaps.

I'm now at 5500lumen at two feet, per bulb.
That's in the range of very good headlights.

I was 14 bucks and 12 minutes....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0909190947.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	20163  
Old 09-09-2019, 05:23 PM   #1705

THOR #13932
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07D7...b_b_asin_image

My headlights. Happy with them. Bright but a bit scattered due to the stock oddjob axis headlights. No complaints from oncoming cars.

When put in a projector lens (a later mod) these are prefect, with a cutoff line you could scribe a line by.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:28 AM   #1706

Model: axis
State: Ohio
THOR #12044
Busy dash

so I read a post about punting a 9 inch monitor on my Axis dash. I ordered the materials and installed it. Then still wanted my multiplex to still work at the same time. I just added RCA y connectors and another adapter back to the Multiplex. The 9 inch monitor has 4 built in trigger switches that allow it to switch the screen just like the multiplex does so now the main screen shows all 4 cameras, ( i added a front camera). Then switches with trigger wires that I connected to the 6 wire plug that goes in the back of the multiplex. Multiplex stll works like factory.
I think this link will show you the pictures of the dash and connections.
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/mem...albums221.html
Hellwig sway bars F&R
love the easy quite drive.
robertconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:36 AM   #1707

THOR #13932
Robert,
In your picture of the open dash it shows a fuse block, is that get ANOTHER factory fuse box or was that added by you as part of your monitors?

I'm a little behind you and Timmy.
I have the monitors and camera systems but started elsewhere on mods and haven't made it into the cab yet. I do have front and rear dash cams that are about to become redundant and moved to other vehicles.
For the price a dash cam is a wonderful thing....
I have these front and rear. Tie into your phone with just a button push. With these and my Hotspot in the 24.1 I can see front and back from anywhere in the world. And they'll display onto a 10" tablet on the dash.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CW...b_b_asin_image
Old 09-12-2019, 01:48 AM   #1708

THOR #13932
Timmy,
I may be misreading your inverter install.
Are you saying there is a factory 12v outlet in the cabinets above the bed?
I have a 110v as in the picture, but I've not found anything else.
Did I misread, and if I didn't where exactly is yours?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0911191845.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	20229  
Old 09-12-2019, 02:42 AM   #1709

Model: axis
State: Ohio
THOR #12044
I added the power sub panel Earlier this year hear is a link to that add.
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...ket-15201.html

The power port (cigarette lighter) has a wire connected to the chassis. It is a 30 amp fused circuit.
so I bought the sub panel and used the 30amp circuit to connect it. then ran 10amp fused circuits for all my other devices I wanted connected.
I also put a dash switch that turns off the sub panel so that anything connected to the sub panel will be off with 1 switch off.
Hellwig sway bars F&R
love the easy quite drive.
robertconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:12 AM   #1710

THOR #9936
Just found a pic. of the awning side, as I said, I had it made by a sail maker and worked out well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG-20190714-WA0008.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	20234  
Old 09-12-2019, 12:57 PM   #1711

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
Just found a pic. of the awning side, as I said, I had it made by a sail maker and worked out well.
That looks great Paul, Gives you lots of shade and privacy.

What is on your front bumper? Looks like 3 on each side.... LED lights or parking sensors? Tell us more about those.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #1712

THOR #9936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
That looks great Paul, Gives you lots of shade and privacy.

What is on your front bumper? Looks like 3 on each side.... LED lights or parking sensors? Tell us more about those.
Hi, yes it does give a lot more shelter from wind, rain and nosey people, I'm working on getting an extendable pole that'll go from the RV side to the awning roller, this will enable me to put an end on it and so, have just one end open. I added 3 led lights just under the headlights, they look pretty cool when lit and I reckon that you can never be seen enough when it's dark.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:54 PM   #1713

THOR #12231
Ok, great, Yeah I like plenty of light around my RV.

Do you have night time pictures with them on?
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 09-12-2019, 09:16 PM   #1714

THOR #9936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Ok, great, Yeah I like plenty of light around my RV.

Do you have night time pictures with them on?
I'll see if I can take couple 👍
Old 09-13-2019, 02:30 PM   #1715

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Speaking of leds...I'm adding a small, shielded led lamp to dimly illuminate the left side dash and cup holder area. While testing it for location, I hooked up an "extension" zip cord to an auxiliary fuse block, on it's own fuse with a ground. It worked fine but the funny thing is when I pulled the fuse the lamp stayed lit but very dimmed. WTH? Can any one explain that?
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:42 PM   #1716

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
Speaking of leds...I'm adding a small, shielded led lamp to dimly illuminate the left side dash and cup holder area. While testing it for location, I hooked up an "extension" zip cord to an auxiliary fuse block, on it's own fuse with a ground. It worked fine but the funny thing is when I pulled the fuse the lamp stayed lit but very dimmed. WTH? Can any one explain that?
Sound like Magic!

Are you driving a "Magic Bus" like The Who sang about?
Old 09-13-2019, 09:10 PM   #1717

THOR #12231
You know I was just thinking about this just now.....

Check your grounds? Or check to make sure something is not trying to ground out (like a power wire touching frame, battery post touching metal etc).

I came across something like this back in the 80's for for the life of me I dont remember what cause it. I think I had to add a ground wire to something that I added to the car?

Check your wires going to that sub fuse box you installed. Perhaps add extra ground to the frame?

Let us know what you figure out.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:50 PM   #1718

THOR #13932
Macerator is finally on a switch.
Before the switch I carried a small battery we clipped it to.
The switch is mounted so the door won't close unless the macerator is turned off. The switch cover blocks the door.
It's 15amp jump fused to the 15amp dock-lights always hot fuse located in the most forward drivers side bin. I just drilled a hole in the side of the fuse block cover ran the wire along the wires in the top of the propane bin and through that wet bay wall. Maybe six feet total. It's grounded to the propane tank mounts with a self tapping screw and eyelet.

I'll switch from the 3/4 hose to the 1 inch hose when my fittings get here. The blue thing is a water-thief I adapted.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0913191542.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	20259   Click image for larger version

Name:	0913191542b.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	20260  

Name:	0913191543a.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	20261  
Old 09-14-2019, 01:18 PM   #1719

THOR #12231
Duckface, thats pretty sweet. I like the idea of not being able to close the door unless its off.

Have you used it much with the 3/4 inch hose? Is it much quicker than the old gravity dump?
Old 09-14-2019, 02:48 PM   #1720

THOR #13932
The macerator is no quicker, but I deem it cleaner and easier with many less steps in the dump process.
The 3/4" hose works just fine, but I'm one of those Amazon Warehouse shoppers that pays 70% off amazon retail for stuff, and I got a deal on the correct one inch hose... So I'll swap.
This is the $79 bayonet mount macerator on amazon. I paid $39 bucks or so for it. It has a thermal protection that cuts it off for a minute about every five minutes, so it's not ideal. It's less than 10 minutes to dump both tanks and rinse and dump again. Theory says the one inch hose will be twice as fast and just over half the work for the pump. No leaks, bayonet mount, came with extra goodies, I highly recommend this pump based on my six or so dumps using it.

We've done the 3 inch slinky and have no want to do it. I can do it, but the macerator is so much easier.
This was a practice run and theory checker setup that worked, so we're chasing theory a bit more with it.

There's a seldom seen new-ish video on ebay.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...ej0PI68DnMnzun

It's the route we're going.