Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2019, 04:17 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: View
State: Nevada
THOR #7987
Bed in 29.3

Has anyone replaced their bed with an adjustable type bed? Have been looking at the Axle Bloom beds, which are really pricey, but might make it more comfortable for sleeping. DH has had two back surgeries, and has lung damage from his work, so looking for more comfortable options. Anybody out there taken this plunge? If so, what do you think of what you are using, and what brand did you choose?

Old 04-24-2019, 10:44 AM   #2

State: Missouri
THOR #5437
My wife has back problems so a good bed is a must. Instead of going the adjustable bed way first, we went with the foam topper. We got a good quality thick foam topper, its was easy to trim the length as camper mattress are there own sizes. The down side was it added 3or4 inches of height to the bed now DW has to have a stool to get into bed. Good side her back does not hurt and she gets a good night sleep.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:28 AM   #3

State: Florida
THOR #13655
I used a good foam topper made a big difference
Old 04-26-2019, 05:39 PM   #4

Model: View
State: Nevada
THOR #7987
Thanks Be Happy and Billh, I appreciate both of your responses, but I did a poor job of communicating what I was trying to ask. We actually have a good quality memory foam mattress, and it is not adequate to help with the issues that we are trying to resolve. What I was really trying to ask is if there is anyone out there who has installed an adjustable bed in their 29.3? If so, how tall is your bed, what brand did you get, and what pro's and con's have you found with it?