Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Update on my Big Foot

So all of the jacks work like they should. I can deploy TWO at a time to level evenly without being jerky.

My LED indicator light was out for the LF jack (thats why I thought only one was deploying). I just called BF and they are sending me a free replament (and I keep the old one for backup).

So im a happy camper. LOL

2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:53 PM   #22

Brand: DRV
Model: Elite Suites
State: Manitoba
THOR #12662
Bigfoot

I had the factory install the system on our 2017 Siesta 24SR in September. The RV is stored for the winter, but the install went well and took all of 3 hours once they got to my unit. I was on my way by 2 pm that day. They advised against the automatic unit, since the length of my coach is short and the automatic system "hunts" to find the correct level. Easier to start the process and get all four jacks down and then manually work the corners to get level.

I'm very happy with the install and on the Mercedes Chassis they have mounting hardware so that there is no drilling necessary. I had a reason to make the trip from Manitoba to that area and decided to let the experts do the install.

There are still likely to be situations where I might have to place a block under one or more of the feet as the total amount of lift on these isn't enough for extreme situations.

Hmm - LDrider. (you on the list? I'm IBA 258)

Hope that helps.
toban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:09 AM   #23

THOR #12231
Yep, that was another reason I went with the plantium system. Many member say the same thing with other leveling systems - The auto mode wont level at all or correctly if way out of level.

I been using the larger Camco leveling blocks to help gain lift as needed under the jacks. I figured they will be stronger and more stable than the small level "lego" blocks.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 01-10-2019, 08:34 PM   #24

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
To add to don't twist the frame, the coach's body can't take the twist. The side, roof and end caps are just screwed together with some caulking. You don't want those joints to separate.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:50 PM   #25

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
To add to don't twist the frame, the coach's body can't take the twist. The side, roof and end caps are just screwed together with some caulking. You don't want those joints to separate.
Yep, you are correct. I was more affraid of cracking the windsheild but body damage is no fun either. Im glad I figured out what was going on with my system.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #26

Model: Freedom Elite 24HE
State: South Carolina
THOR #13865
I have a Freedom Elite 24HE. When you installed the Big Foot System, did you have to remove the stabilizing jacks on the back?
Old 01-15-2019, 10:11 PM   #27

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallston View Post
I have a Freedom Elite 24HE. When you installed the Big Foot System, did you have to remove the stabilizing jacks on the back?
My model does NOT have stabilizer jacks installed (by factory) but as long as they are NOT in the way I see no need to remove them (unless you want to save weight).
Old 01-16-2019, 02:18 AM   #28

Model: Freedom Elite 24HE
State: South Carolina
THOR #13865
Thanks