Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2018, 08:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: Texas
THOR #6917
Burr Handy Lift HD

Does anyone have this installed on their Thor? The HD version that can lift 500 pounds?

I wonder if you get the impression that with a bit of modifications, it could lift a power chair into the RV? I have been really trying to figure out how to get my daughters power chair into the RV for our Florida trip in a couple of months. Thanks for any feedback.
Ralph

Old 06-08-2018, 09:50 PM   #2

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felices30.2 View Post
Does anyone have this installed on their Thor? The HD version that can lift 500 pounds?

I wonder if you get the impression that with a bit of modifications, it could lift a power chair into the RV? I have been really trying to figure out how to get my daughters power chair into the RV for our Florida trip in a couple of months. Thanks for any feedback.
Ralph
Probubly could if you made a long 3/4" by 2 ft wide plywood ramp that breaks down and stores say behind the ladder to the roof of the RV. Maybe use a metal ladder for bracing under the plywood. Use tent pegs to keep it in place in the ground. Long ramp but could be done.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:34 PM   #3

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Texas
THOR #6917
Does your lift not reach the ground? However I do plan on adding to the platform some aluminum diamond plate to make it longer.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:57 PM   #4

THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felices30.2 View Post
Does your lift not reach the ground? However I do plan on adding to the platform some aluminum diamond plate to make it longer.
Yes, the lift does reach the ground, it is not that big enough for a wheelchair though. It also takes a long time to go up or down, it did not come with a bridge that lays down over a fold over step (I made this myself) & lastly, when it broke down (under warranty) and got fixed so far I have sent two letters and a phone call to the company and got nothing so far. Maybe find another company to get exactly what you need and pays attention to their customers. I know they are out there.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:04 PM   #5

THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cason61 View Post
Yes, the lift does reach the ground, it is not that big enough for a wheelchair though. It also takes a long time to go up or down, it did not come with a bridge that lays down over a fold over step (I made this myself) & lastly, when it broke down (under warranty) and got fixed so far I have sent two letters and a phone call to the company and got nothing so far. Maybe find another company to get exactly what you need and pays attention to their customers. I know they are out there.
Oh yeah. Add some RED CARPET on the ramp.