Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2018, 09:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
Question Roofing options

Has anyone had or is looking at products like RV-Armor or RV Roof Flex Armor? I was curious as to how these hold up since they are guaranteed for life and you never have to worry about leaks or caulking again.

The products look great and reading about them, they sound great. But as with anything on the Internet, you always make yourself sound good.

If anyone has done more research into these, spoke to anyone who has it done, or had it done themselves, I would be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks

2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:20 PM   #2

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I had mine done by rvroof.com, at the HQ in Florida which happens to be near where I live.... approx September 2016

I did mine not because of roof membrane failure, but because of several defects form the factory in how the roof was put together. After fixing the rot I had to find a way to dry it in, and this was the only thing I could figure out.

It costs about the same as a standard re-roof...so kinda pricey if you are just trying to avoid caulking.
That being said, I am so far happy with it.
Seems to ad a bit of an R value to the roof
and it makes it quieter while on the road according to DW...so she's happy
and to me it is beautiful to not worry about it so much.

I'm due to do a little TLC sealing around the windows and such, but nothing that I'm sweating about.

One thing that isn't horribly clear on the web site when I was looking...it's not 100% maintenance free. The coating is topcoated with a flexible paint as a UV shield.... the same stuff they use on stucco houses....so at some point I'll be repainting my roof.

So far though...I was up there and pressure washed it a few weeks ago (would never do that before!) and it's still looking good.

If you seriously consider it, PM me.... they gave me a little coupon book
It's "$50 off final sprayed roof price"
and says it's valid at all RV Flexarmor locations
Full disclosure...It doesn't say on the coupon, but I remember him saying that they would send me some little kick back....if I'm remembering correctly, maybe $10 or something if my memory serves....so that's what's in it for me....not much. I'm just happy to help a fellow RV'er!
Old 03-23-2018, 12:38 AM   #3

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
Thank you for the information. It is much appreciated. I am stilll deciding but I also need to check if it would do anything to my warranty
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote