Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2015, 04:20 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 28Z
State: California
THOR #1798
Go Power Solar Elite Charging System (320 Watts)

I had a Go Power Solar Elite Charging System (320 Watts) installed on my 2013 Thor Four Winds 28Z. The kit comes with everything you need to install it.

Go Power Solar Elite Charging System (320 Watts)

Everybody online pretty much charges the same price so I went with the company I thought would be easiest to deal with should something arise. Plus I have Amazon Prime.

Normally I do my own work but this was a little more complicated. I hired a local Go Power installer to do the work. It took him about 8 hours to do all the work. I basically just told him were I thought things should go based on my research. Tom did an awesome job and was a great person to deal with.

Here is his website:
Sun Power RV - Mobile Solar Power

He ran the cables from the solar panels down a vent tube opening:

He was then able to route the solar panel cables near the entry way. The charge regulator was installed right below the light switches in the entry way.

The 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter was installed under the couch with the remote on the couch wall in the entry way. This was a good spot for the inverter because it outs it really close to the batteries.

The automatic transfer switch is installed in the wall behind the charge regulator. Sorry no pictures of that. The smart battery charger was installed in the same place as the original one (in the breaker box).

Everything worked perfectly. Even in the shade the panels where generating power. The inverter can run everything except the AC. When I kick on the generator on, or connect to shore power, the smart switch automatically disconnects the inverter. I am extremely happy with the setup. Only thing I may still add is another 2 batteries to get me to 400 Amps of storage. The San Diego Sun will keep my batteries fully charged all the time and I have nice clean and quite 110 power to use at the beach.