Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2015, 09:14 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: Maryland
THOR #3227
Drivers seat upgrade to Power

Thinking about upgrading to a Power Drivers seat on my 2016 Hurricane 35C. Thus was an option that now I wish had been added to my MH. Has anyone made this modification and if so, how difficult was it? Did you have to go back to Thor or are there aftermarket kits available?

Old 11-18-2015, 05:33 AM   #2

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
Just had mine C serviced at the Ford Dealer, they tell me that they can install a new seat. I want one for the passenger seat. They also said that the wiring is already there. It is just a matter of plugging everything in. It's not cheap, as the whole seat needs to be changed out. He gave me a ballpark price of 3000.00. That's the dealer.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:01 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakeman48 View Post
Thinking about upgrading to a Power Drivers seat on my 2016 Hurricane 35C. Thus was an option that now I wish had been added to my MH. Has anyone made this modification and if so, how difficult was it? Did you have to go back to Thor or are there aftermarket kits available?
I imagine, but am not sure, the seats in your Hurricane are the same as the ones in the Challenger. If so they are made by Flex Steel (I believe). The question would have to be whether or not the wiring harness is already in position under your seat?

I on a business trip this week so I can not walk out to the coach to get the model number for the seats.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 03:58 AM   #4

THOR #3227
Thanks for the feedback. WOW, $3000 is a bunch! I guess because it's probably an eight way or something similar. All I need is movement front to back and up and down which would only require a base change. Maybe someone knows an aftermarket company that makes one???
Old 11-19-2015, 04:49 AM   #5

THOR #3227
Just completed some searching. If your interested go to RV Power Seat Bases,Chevy,GM,Ford van seat bases

They have a 6-way adjustable base for all Class A MH for $499.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:14 AM   #6

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakeman48 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. WOW, $3000 is a bunch! I guess because it's probably an eight way or something similar. All I need is movement front to back and up and down which would only require a base change. Maybe someone knows an aftermarket company that makes one???
Dealers are always going to be more. This also included the seat, heating, 8 way, and I believe the fan for cooling as well, and installation. I'm sure you can find it a lot cheaper being how you only want the base with elevation and forward/backward motion. Check the internet, I'm sure something will come up. If you can do it yourself I bet you can find it for under 1000 easily. Perhaps even the junk yards, seriously.

Look Brakeman48 (you) has already found somewhere.

I checked it out, looks like mine would be either 400 or 600. I will have to call to get the difference can't tell by the ad. Thanks.