Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2018, 02:21 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite FE29
State: Colorado
THOR #11503
Fan Install ??

Hi!
Real bad hail storm here two weeks ago. Adjuster came out and we need a new roof. So I have to take it in for a repair estimate. I called two places. CW never called back. Adjuster told my spouse, they are booked out 9 - 12 months. Anyway, I did get a call from the other place and going over tomorrow. Since I need a new roof, and I have been thinking about adding Fantastic Fans, I am wondering if you think the body shop will install, on a separate ticket, the fans while the rig is in the shop?

I looked over several threads in the forum, and no one seems to know where the wiring harness is for fans, and since the rig is in the shop anyway . . .

Your thoughts?

TIA

Old 08-15-2018, 02:58 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Ask the shop when its there--that is the only way you'll know. The worst thing they can say is "no" so ask away.

I'm guessing that they will have no problem accommodating you and since the roof will be off I bet you they give you a break on the installation cost.

All it takes is $$$.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:26 AM   #3

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
One thing for sure...you will always find someone that will do anything for money!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:00 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
THOR #9081
Give Thor a call and get them to send you the schematics for the 12 volt wiring. At the same time you should also ask for the plumbing ones. They do come in handy. It will tell you whether or not there are electrical wires running to the roof vent for your fans. In some cases there are none. For instance on mine of the four roof vents, there is wiring only running to three of them. The forth, the one I really wanted to add a fan to did not have it, so then you need to run the wire yourself from some close by circuit.