Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2017, 02:12 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #5226
Replacing Seiko TV in 2017 Axis 24.1

We have 3 of the non-useable Seiko TVs. Can anyone tell me a model that will work without a converter box and that will work with the brackets already installed? Can one person lift the tv on and off the bracket? I definitely want to replace the front tv - the other two may have to wait. Thanks for the advice - unfortunately I don't have a handyman so need to do this myself.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:59 AM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
My three 32" Seiko TV use the standard 200x200 mm mounting brackets. Just look for a correct size TV with the same size mounting. To receive digital cable TV signals, you need a TV that has a QAM tuner such as Sharp, Sony, Polaroid, Toshiba, Emerson, Hitachi, LG, Samsung, Visio, Insignia and TCL.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:01 AM   #3

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Almost any TV you buy will have the QAM tuner that those POS Seiki TVs lack. Only the cheapest ones have this deficiency. Without that QAM thingie, some cable systems require a box, some don't.

Reach under the TV for two small triggers that release the catches on the bottom, once released, lift the TV off the wall. You might like to have a helper to unhook the cables while you hold it, but the TV doesn't weigh much. The brackets should fit your new TV.

You shouldn't need a handyman for this one!
Old 04-12-2017, 11:42 AM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
Once you have the TV off you can remove the bracket and bring it with you TV shopping--if you are not internet shopping.

That way you'll be certain the new TV will work.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:11 AM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Flair 31E
State: New York
THOR #2025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Chicks on the Road View Post
We have 3 of the non-useable Seiko TVs. Can anyone tell me a model that will work without a converter box and that will work with the brackets already installed? Can one person lift the tv on and off the bracket? I definitely want to replace the front tv - the other two may have to wait. Thanks for the advice - unfortunately I don't have a handyman so need to do this myself.
I use a Roku stick to make all the dumb tvs smart tvs. Works very well.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:19 AM   #6

THOR #5226
Thanks for the tips. I thought of the Roku, but so many campgrounds limit streaming that I'm not sure that will work consistently. Right now I am planning to replace the one up front and will probably use the Roku or something similar in the sleeping and outdoor areas. I'm getting the Axis out of storage next week and will see if I can take down the TV and go from there. If anyone knows of an exact model they used, that would be great.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:18 AM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Flair 31E
State: New York
THOR #2025
I use a cell phone booster and never rely on a wifi signal. Then I use foxfi on my cell phone to create a secure hotspot. My movies always stream perfectly. On all my TV's I extended the cables for quick connect and disconnect of the roku stick.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:03 AM   #8

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
The only way you will get cable is by replacing the tv's or a converter box. Most newer tv's all use the same mounting standard. The tv's aren't heavy and are fairly easy to change, it is handy to have a helper. I purchased Samsung tv's but primarily because they were on sale at a Best Buy near me.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:39 AM   #9

Model: 24.1
THOR #12332
Hi there, I see yoir post from 2017, I also own a 24.1 and the front tv doesn’t turn on and need to replace it. Did you replace yours, and if so what model did you purchase. Thanks

Tags
seiko tv