Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2019, 04:27 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #16950
Has anyone tried a 5 Star Tuning Cold Air Intakes on a Thor ACE?

Has anyone tried a 5 Star Tuning Cold Air Intakes on a Thor ACE?

I have done a ton of cold air intakes on other vehicles and adding a 5 star tuner and thinking of adding the intake as well....

Installing Front and Rear Sways and steering stabilizer tomorrow! DEF cant get any worse.

Thanks New member here, look forward to sharing tips and tricks.

Old 10-10-2019, 11:31 PM   #2

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Several on here have done the "5 Star" computer programing. I personally don't see the need to spend $500+ to have the transmission shift differently. Most are saying no difference in performance or fuel economy using it. And, no, I'm not an old fuddy-duddy... I have a 99 Dodge Dakota the is fully computer controlled using the SCT format that I drag race & show. That said, I made my own fresh air/larger air filter assembly on my E450 based class C with V-10 power. If you want any help/suggestions making a fresh air intake I'm here for questions.
p.s. I may be a bit slow responding the next few days. We are leaving for Cabo tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #3

Model: ACE
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #16950
Pat, No worries... I ended up purchasing the Power module, Ait intake set up and a 170 degree thermostat...

I will keep everyone posted as to the outcome, headache and increases. I have always had great performance upgrades on all my other vehicles with same upgrades, so fingers crossed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
Several on here have done the "5 Star" computer programing. I personally don't see the need to spend $500+ to have the transmission shift differently. Most are saying no difference in performance or fuel economy using it. And, no, I'm not an old fuddy-duddy... I have a 99 Dodge Dakota the is fully computer controlled using the SCT format that I drag race & show. That said, I made my own fresh air/larger air filter assembly on my E450 based class C with V-10 power. If you want any help/suggestions making a fresh air intake I'm here for questions.
p.s. I may be a bit slow responding the next few days. We are leaving for Cabo tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:29 PM   #4

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Let us know your results. Im intrested in doing a 5 star mod for my Axis as well but the price has held me back.

I thought about doing a CAI but I dont want any additonal noise coming into the cockpit so I left it alone.

I have also done some CAI and computer mods to my other cars and was happy with the results. But the RV is different....Im not after speed or quickness....just better hill climbing and smarter shifting and comfort.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote