Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2016, 02:00 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Illinois
THOR #4282
HDMI Splitter

2017 Freedom Elite 26HE

I have a DVD Player up in the cabinet above the dinette. The TV up in the bunk has a HDMI Cable that goes to the dvd player but it goes threw the wall so not sure if its direct or not. Then in the back of the RV by the bed there is a area for a TV and it has a cable jack and HDMI jack. Cable jack works. HDMI does nothing.

I assumed it would be run up to the front. Any idea where the jack in the back leads to. There is a cable hooked onto the back of it that goes down the wall.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:18 AM   #2

THOR #5290
I had the same question. The cable from the back TV goes to the compartment above the fridge. There is a space to put a DVD player there.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:05 PM   #3
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
A downside of HDMI is you cannot split it as easily as prior methods... I am on my second attempt at an HDMI splitter just to be able to feed a blu ray to one of 2 TVs - first one produced snowy picture... I'll let you know about the second in a few weeks.
Haven't found a splitter that allows multiple concurrent outputs - all are choice of one or other.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:07 PM   #4

THOR #4282
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfx77 View Post
I had the same question. The cable from the back TV goes to the compartment above the fridge. There is a space to put a DVD player there.
I get the RV back from Ford today and will have to check up there. Thanks. My TV in the bunk I replaced with a 12v TV with a built in DVD player so it can be used while driving and moved the original TV to the back room.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:50 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc
A downside of HDMI is you cannot split it as easily as prior methods... I am on my second attempt at an HDMI splitter just to be able to feed a blu ray to one of 2 TVs - first one produced snowy picture... I'll let you know about the second in a few weeks.
Haven't found a splitter that allows multiple concurrent outputs - all are choice of one or other.
A splitter that allows different/independent outputs is called a matrix switch, like one of these: 4 x 4 Matrix Splitter (Amazon)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:04 PM   #6

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Is this what you want?
Old 09-01-2016, 02:25 AM   #7
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
A splitter that allows different/independent outputs is called a matrix switch, like one of these: 4 x 4 Matrix Splitter (Amazon)
Good to know its out there - but I wasn't looking to spend $169...

I have 2 TV's in bedroom - a 110v model factory mounted to a cabinet door - and a smaller 12v on the inside of the same cabinet on a swing mount... We use the 110v when on shore power - and the 12v when boondocking (or staying overnight at Chateau Walmart or the like...)
The blu ray player is 12v - and wanted a simple switch to not have to recable when switching between tv's... and either internally powered - or 12v powered.

Here is what I am trying now... Claims both 1x2 (only one output active at a time) and 2x1 - needs no external power - and only $17...:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010B4L968

gbrown's link is similar - but larger unit and needs external power of 110vAC or 5vDC...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:06 AM   #8

THOR #4282
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentilebrian View Post
2017 Freedom Elite 26HE

I have a DVD Player up in the cabinet above the dinette. The TV up in the bunk has a HDMI Cable that goes to the dvd player but it goes threw the wall so not sure if its direct or not. Then in the back of the RV by the bed there is a area for a TV and it has a cable jack and HDMI jack. Cable jack works. HDMI does nothing.

I assumed it would be run up to the front. Any idea where the jack in the back leads to. There is a cable hooked onto the back of it that goes down the wall.

Thank you. The other end of the HDMI cord is up above the fridge. I didn't even realize there was a cabinet up there but my wife sure found it and stuffed it with a ton of stuff. Amazing how much she can fit into a motorhome.