Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2015, 06:06 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Florida
THOR #1616
Keeping water bottles or cups from sliding

We took a trip recently with friends in our Thor Freedom Elite 23 ft. Everyone had a coffee or water bottle that would periodically go flying off the table from vibration. They ended up with bottles between their legs or propped at their sides. I have been trying to find suction cup holders or something to solve tnis problem. I couldn't even find anything in marine supplies. Guess maybe woodworking hubby will have to put his thinking cap on.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:35 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
You can get these at most boating stores (or Amazon):

Amazon.com : Shoreline Marine Drink Holder Fold Up White : Boating Equipment : Sports & Outdoors
Old 03-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #3

Model: Freedom Elite
THOR #1616
Thanks. I just found a sticky pad I bought at a flea market. It seems to work mostly here at home. Not on a water bottle, though. I am thinking put one on the bottom of the holder you found. I will send for it. I can retain the piece of non-sticky plastic from the pad and use it when I don't need it on the table.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:40 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Sorry to hijack your thread....

We have found that the cup holders that are on top of the console between our cab chairs are totally too wide & shallow to hold water bottles or travel mugs. I'm wondering if anyone has found an easy modification?
Old 08-14-2015, 12:04 AM   #5

Model: A.C.E. 27.1
State: California
THOR #2554
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeliec View Post
Sorry to hijack your thread....

We have found that the cup holders that are on top of the console between our cab chairs are totally too wide & shallow to hold water bottles or travel mugs. I'm wondering if anyone has found an easy modification?
I was thinking about the same thing for ACE. I watched my water bottle fly out of the so called cup/bottle holder. Glad I did not have the cap off. Just might have to buy the ones suggested above.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:04 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
This is a job for Mighty Mug products!! I have used them on my cabin cruiser ever since they came out. They are the same diameter as any travel mug, so they fit in all cup holders. I linked the colored metal cups, but they also have stainless steel and plastic versions.

They have a proprietary "suction cup" space-age technology that only releases if pulled straight up. So, they hold on a flat table for a listing ship at sea, or a vibrating motorhome wheeling down the road.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:37 PM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
The Mighty Mug is great, we got ours at Bed, Bath and Beyond with a 20% off coupon in the mail. It is neat to watch someone not expecting the mug to remain in place (unless lifted straight up).

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:15 PM   #8

Model: Axis 25.1
THOR #1767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher View Post
This is a job for Mighty Mug products!! I have used them on my cabin cruiser ever since they came out. They are the same diameter as any travel mug, so they fit in all cup holders. I linked the colored metal cups, but they also have stainless steel and plastic versions.

They have a proprietary "suction cup" space-age technology that only releases if pulled straight up. So, they hold on a flat table for a listing ship at sea, or a vibrating motorhome wheeling down the road.
Excellent recommendation. I am ordering THREE! Thanks!
WillDawgz is offline   Reply With Quote