Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-04-2018, 01:02 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
Um, 3 times 5 equals 15?

1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:17 PM   #22

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
I just completed installation of Big Foot Platinum on my 24FE. It makes a world of difference
Old 11-04-2018, 10:40 PM   #23

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
The package I had installed included the push button controller panel inside the coach, the electrical engine ignition safety switch (which will not allow the system to operate if the vehicle engine is running) as well as all of the hydraulic/electrical lines. The shop also installed a system electrical button in case the electrical system over loads and trips next to the coach batteries. With the interior coach controller panel you can operate in an automatic mode or operate each hydraulic individually. Nothing could be welded and had to be bolted on without drilling any holes in the frame. The HWH cost about the same price installed as my Equalizer System. I can also operate the system from my cell phone. I checked several shops on both systems with installation.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:07 PM   #24

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by petefoss View Post
Um, 3 times 5 equals 15?
What is this??
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:09 PM   #25

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
The package I had installed included the push button controller panel inside the coach, the electrical engine ignition safety switch (which will not allow the system to operate if the vehicle engine is running) as well as all of the hydraulic/electrical lines. The shop also installed a system electrical button in case the electrical system over loads and trips next to the coach batteries. With the interior coach controller panel you can operate in an automatic mode or operate each hydraulic individually. Nothing could be welded and had to be bolted on without drilling any holes in the frame. The HWH cost about the same price installed as my Equalizer System. I can also operate the system from my cell phone. I checked several shops on both systems with installation.
That sounds like a sweet system! It sure takes the burden out of setting up camp now.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 11-05-2018, 04:04 PM   #26

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Utah
THOR #12415
Is your 2017 Axis a twin I beam front suspension? I have a 2018 vegas on the E450 chassis and was told the safe T plus stabilizer won't fit.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:08 PM   #27

Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
I had the t-plus stablizer installed on my 2017 Axis. No problem!
Old 11-05-2018, 05:40 PM   #28

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
What is this??
You said 16 hours of labor sounded high. But a three man team working for 5 hours is 15 labor hours not 5.
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:33 PM   #29

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag8015 View Post
Is your 2017 Axis a twin I beam front suspension? I have a 2018 vegas on the E450 chassis and was told the safe T plus stabilizer won't fit.
Yes T.I.B. suspension (E450)

Yes, it fits just fine. One of my (many) favorite mods.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:49 PM   #30

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by petefoss View Post
You said 16 hours of labor sounded high. But a three man team working for 5 hours is 15 labor hours not 5.
Oh I see what your saying now.

But the shop charges you per an hour (so One person or 10 people) not per an hour x 5 guys. Just like when you bring your car into the dealership. They are gong to change your oil in one hour - but they only charge you for one hour - but they might have two or 3 guys doing diff things while they do a 21 point inspection and change your oil at the same time.