Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2017, 05:34 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
I don't know if this is a mod or not?

Maybe this will help someone else with this problem. I ordered a Harmony 650 multi-devise remote for the Seiki sound bar that I didn't have a remote for. Setup was pretty easy, got it to control TV & sound bar & DVD. But, I still wasn't getting TV sound out of the SB. I cured the issue with a digital optical cable OR a 3.5mm Male headphone jack to two RCA Male Stereo Audio Y Cable. Either will work. The headphone to RCA cable will ONLY produce sound out of the SB. The digital optical will llow TV & SB speakers to produce sound together. But, the sound on the SB has to be turned way up separately to hear it. The DW said "YaY" the stupid thing works!

Old 07-09-2017, 05:58 AM   #2

THOR #7205
Some other mods I have done

1) I installed a bumper mount bike rack for the G-kids bikes. Plenty of clearance above our tow bar.
2) Drilled a 1/4" hole in the coin holder, then tapped into trailer brake pigtail for an LED light for our toad brake monitor.
3) Installed a brush type splash/gravel gaurd to "help" protect the toad.
4) Made tethers for the outside, down swinging storage compartment doors. First time I emptied the sewer, the door flopped open and banged the ground! I used some picture hanging braided wire & 14 gauge crimp on electrical eyelets.
5) Mounted a t-style bubble level above the Auto leveler controls, under the small overhead cabinet.
6)Mounted & wired a pair of these under the tail lights for better camera vision when backing up at night. COB Xenon White 100 LED DRL Daytime Running Light Backup Interior Strip 12V 6W
7) Installed this retractable clothes line above the shower. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
Old 07-10-2017, 03:30 PM   #3

Model: ACE 29.2
State: Texas
THOR #1406
Thanks. Where's the link to the-
I installed a bumper mount bike rack for the G-kids bikes. Plenty of clearance above our tow bar.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:07 AM   #4

THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorRut View Post
Thanks. Where's the link to the-
I installed a bumper mount bike rack for the G-kids bikes. Plenty of clearance above our tow bar.
It comes with a clamp/bolt on 2" receiver to mount on the bumper above your receiver hitch.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Swagman-T...&wl13=&veh=sem
Old 07-17-2017, 02:01 PM   #5

Model: 28z
State: North Carolina
THOR #7401
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
It comes with a clamp/bolt on 2" receiver to mount on the bumper above your receiver hitch.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Swagman-T...&wl13=&veh=sem
I've been struggling with how to get bikes above the blue ox towbar without doing a double hitch receiver because they only have up to 4000# tow rating. Now just wondering if this swagman will be up and out of the way?
Old 07-22-2017, 01:01 PM   #6

THOR #7205
I see you have a 28Z. You should have the same amount of clearance as I have. (which is plenty) If the bikes are still on the carrier when unhooking the car you have to get creative to hold the tow bar up. This next situation I only did to secure the TB when I unhooked the toad to back into the camp site. I pushed the TB up & folded it as best I could, then wrapped the safety cables up and around the bikes to hook the cable ends to the bike carrier. It held the TB up off the ground while parking. As it turned out, the G-daughters didn't use their bikes during that one night stay.