Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2017, 03:20 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2014 Windsport 34f
State: Alabama
THOR #6507
Installed my ZTE Mobley

This thing was EASY to install.
1. Plugged it into my OBD port and the two green lights came on. One indicates power and the other that internet signal is present.
2. Went to my iphone settings and verified that the newly installed device was recognized under wifi.
3. Signed into the AT&T wifi manager website on my iphone and adjusted some settings and changed my password.
4. Called DW to bring her laptop to RV. Her laptop recognized the wifi device and she was on the internet. She logged into her office computer and tested several applications, everything worked great.
NOTE: Only showed one bar as far as signal received and device was slow, but it worked. AT&T does not have strong signal at my house. I believe this will work a lot better when I go somewhere that has strong signal.

Also, noticed that the device continued working after I turned off the RV. I do not know what time the green lights went out, but they were off the next morning.

Toad: (Wally One) 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking (4 Down)
"Welcome to our front porch"
rickymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 04:59 PM   #2
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
I just did a first trip with the Mobley on board... worked GREAT.
Stayed connected the whole time (Fort Wilderness)... Laptops, phones connected fine... streamed Netflix to blu ray player...
So far very happy with it - obviously results will be tied to AT&T service availability - but it isn't my only means of connection... Will be the primary one for now. Only limitation is 5 simultaneous devices.

The default 'timeout' after engine off is 30 min... You can adjust that from the wifi manager - 0 means no timeout.
I expect the draw is relatively low - but will drain chassis battery if not on shore power.

I picked up a female OBD2 connector on ebay - and will be wiring a plug to tap into coach batteries (or other non-RV uses) just for more flexibility.

I have a wifi repeater that I could connect to it - but that is 110v powered (no external brick) - prefer a 12v solution for the RV...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:54 PM   #3

Model: 2014 Windsport 34f
State: Alabama
THOR #6507
Thanks gmc,

Great report! I will keep you posted on my experiences with this device. Late next week I will be camping north of Atlanta. Still looking for a campground with full hookups somewhere close to Woodstock, GA and my grandchildren.
Toad: (Wally One) 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking (4 Down)
"Welcome to our front porch"
rickymac is offline   Reply With Quote