Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2018, 03:33 AM   #2681

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Virginia
THOR #10622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classictint View Post
Has anyone bought an extra slide motor to keep in the coach in the event of a failure?
Lance
Hey Lance,
Yes, I carry around an extra slide motor per a recommendation by a CW service manager. He said one of their most frequently replaced parts are the in-wall slide motors.

Our 34J has that huge full-wall slideout. My biggest concern every time we are packing up to leave a campground is not being able to bring that slide in. Carrying an extra slide motor is a small bit of insurance against getting stuck at a campground. They look pretty easy to replace. Fortunately, I have not had to use the spare yet.

-norm

Old 02-18-2018, 04:04 AM   #2682

THOR #10622
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
I never use the Rapid Camp. Good sales gimmick but i dont think its needed.

The only thing rapid camp would be good for imo is openning the slide to make sure it doesnt hit anything. But mine losses reception and tge slide moves and stops multiple times while coming out. So i never use it

Jerry
Same opinion here about Rapid Camp... I tried it a few times, it wasn't very reliable, haven't used it since.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:09 AM   #2683

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #4312
Jerry's Hurricane mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygoonnorm View Post
Hey Lance,

Yes, I carry around an extra slide motor per a recommendation by a CW service manager. He said one of their most frequently replaced parts are the in-wall slide motors.

Our 34J has that huge full-wall slideout. My biggest concern every time we are packing up to leave a campground is not being able to bring that slide in. Carrying an extra slide motor is a small bit of insurance against getting stuck at a campground. They look pretty easy to replace. Fortunately, I have not had to use the spare yet.

-norm

Norm
I ran across this video and I wanted to order an extra motor and maybe remove and replace it where it sits next to my house so if I ever needed to do it while I’m out camping it’d be easier the second time around
Lance

https://youtu.be/DviEbWT3lUo

Be a blessing to someone
Classictint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #2684

State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Quote:
Hey Lance,

-norm
What do they cost?
Old 02-23-2018, 03:11 AM   #2685

THOR #10622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbadger777 View Post
What do they cost?
There are 2 lippert slide motors.
300:1 torque model
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S2ICOO2..._Br4JAbRCX1JVD

500:1 torque model
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HESRS06..._mv4JAb7B6BWBR

I would imagine that Thor uses the 500:1 motor in full-wall applications but you never know.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:18 AM   #2686

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #10254
Quote:
There are 2 lippert slide motors.
300:1 torque model
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S2ICOO2..._Br4JAbRCX1JVD $165

500:1 torque model
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HESRS06..._mv4JAb7B6BWBR $220

I would imagine that Thor uses the 500:1 motor in full-wall applications but you never know.
That isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:49 PM   #2687

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Got a $25 gift certificate from camping world when i renewed my membership. Went to the store and bought a 360 siphon vent cap. I already installed the cyclone vent cap on the black tank so the 360 went on the gray tank

The new 360 can be retrofitted to work on the old cap so you dont have to remove the sealant and old base or you can remove everything and install the 360 as a new cap. I removed everything. Guess i like to add more work to my jobs.

Easy to remove the old and new went on easy also. Maybe 30 minute total to gather tools do the job and put everything away.

The 360 does require to seal all around the vent tube so there are no gaps between the tube and roof. I used beutel tape for this and also used it under the 360 base. Dicorp self level over the screws and base. While i was up there i put anither layer of dicorp on the cyclones base.

Kind of went over board with the dicorp but its 60* out today and wasnt sure how the dicorp would level in this temp. Guess more is always better.

Jerry

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180223_132207.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	9115Click image for larger version

Name:	20180223_132158.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	9116
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:40 PM   #2688

State: Missouri
THOR #10712
As the Thor World Turns

Well I just finished going through this entire thread, took me a week or so. We purchased a 2018 Thor Windsport 29M last month in Tampa at General RV. My wife Jamie and I are from a little town in SE Missouri, Sikeston. We have two boys in college, a Junior in Springfield, MO at Missouri State and a freshman in Indianapolis, IN at UINDY playing baseball.
I love this thread! I have learned so much about our coach! I have a lot of work to do! But as much as I have enjoyed all the mods I think I have enjoyed yall's story just as much! lol. Thanks for having this thread!

Tim
Old 02-24-2018, 04:22 AM   #2689

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Arkansas
THOR #3744
Quote:
Originally Posted by trod211 View Post
Well I just finished going through this entire thread, took me a week or so. We purchased a 2018 Thor Windsport 29M last month in Tampa at General RV. My wife Jamie and I are from a little town in SE Missouri, Sikeston. We have two boys in college, a Junior in Springfield, MO at Missouri State and a freshman in Indianapolis, IN at UINDY playing baseball.
I love this thread! I have learned so much about our coach! I have a lot of work to do! But as much as I have enjoyed all the mods I think I have enjoyed yall's story just as much! lol. Thanks for having this thread!

Tim
Welcome! Sikeston? That reminds me that I haven't been to Lambert's in a while. You'll find there are a lot of helpful folks in this thread.

Vince
Old 02-24-2018, 11:48 AM   #2690

State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Got a $25 gift certificate from camping world when i renewed my membership. Went to the store and bought a 360 siphon vent cap. I already installed the cyclone vent cap on the black tank so the 360 went on the gray tank

The new 360 can be retrofitted to work on the old cap so you dont have to remove the sealant and old base or you can remove everything and install the 360 as a new cap. I removed everything. Guess i like to add more work to my jobs.

Easy to remove the old and new went on easy also. Maybe 30 minute total to gather tools do the job and put everything away.

The 360 does require to seal all around the vent tube so there are no gaps between the tube and roof. I used beutel tape for this and also used it under the 360 base. Dicorp self level over the screws and base. While i was up there i put anither layer of dicorp on the cyclones base.

Kind of went over board with the dicorp but its 60* out today and wasnt sure how the dicorp would level in this temp. Guess more is always better.

Jerry

Attachment 9115Attachment 9116

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:51 AM   #2691

THOR #2757
Quote:

Tim
Welcome Tim and enjoy your new RV. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and we will do our best to get you an answer ASAP!!

Old 02-24-2018, 11:55 AM   #2692

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:

Jerry

Attachment 9115Attachment 9116
LOL and you talked about how much Dicor I used!!! If a little is good then a lot HAS to be better. Better than having a leak! Good job!!!

Miss having our coach in the driveway to tinker with, HOA limits parking to 3-4 days before and after a trip
Old 02-24-2018, 11:58 AM   #2693

THOR #2757
Found a new Class A Gas Motorhome from Thor

Hello All...while bingeing (sp) on YouTube videos, I came across a video from a Camping World dealership showing a Thor "Freedom Traveler" A27 and A30. I don't know if these RVs are apart of a "rental" fleet from Thor but they look a lot like the Windsport/Hurricane line:

https://youtu.be/trOZ9DKbJFk
https://youtu.be/5W4IgcPTVCU

Give me your thoughts and comments please!

Dino

Old 02-24-2018, 11:59 AM   #2694

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:

Tim
Congratulations on your new coach and welcome to the forum!!! Lots of great people on this forum with a lot of great ideas!!! Hope you enjoy your coach and have lots of FUN!!!

Please look at the CHF (cheap handling fix) and a steering stabilizer for your coach, these make a HUGE difference in how the coach drives!

Enjoy
Old 02-24-2018, 12:05 PM   #2695

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Hello All...while bingeing (sp) on YouTube videos, I came across a video from a Camping World dealership showing a Thor "Freedom Traveler" A27 and A30. I don't know if these RVs are apart of a "rental" fleet from Thor but they look a lot like the Windsport/Hurricane line:

https://youtu.be/trOZ9DKbJFk
https://youtu.be/5W4IgcPTVCU

Give me your thoughts and comments please!

Dino
A30 floor plan attached:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-02-24 06_01_17-(90) 2018 Thor Freedom Traveler A30 _ Class A - RV Review_ Camping World - Y.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	9122   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-02-24 06_02_22-(90) 2018 Thor Freedom Traveler A30 _ Class A - RV Review_ Camping World - Y.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	9123  

Old 02-24-2018, 01:03 PM   #2696
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
A30 floor plan attached:
There was some discussion about those:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...-cw-10899.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:35 PM   #2697

THOR #10712
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceAndPam View Post
Welcome! Sikeston? That reminds me that I haven't been to Lambert's in a while. You'll find there are a lot of helpful folks in this thread.

Vince
Vince somehow I had a feeling someone would have been to Lamberts on here! What part of AR are you from?
Old 02-24-2018, 02:36 PM   #2698

THOR #10712
Quote:
Welcome Tim and enjoy your new RV. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and we will do our best to get you an answer ASAP!!

Thanks Dino!
Old 02-24-2018, 02:39 PM   #2699

THOR #10712
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Congratulations on your new coach and welcome to the forum!!! Lots of great people on this forum with a lot of great ideas!!! Hope you enjoy your coach and have lots of FUN!!!

Please look at the CHF (cheap handling fix) and a steering stabilizer for your coach, these make a HUGE difference in how the coach drives!

Enjoy
Thanks Dave! Yeah for sure going to start there. If I cant find anyone to make those spacers like Jerrys what do yall suggest?
Old 02-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #2700

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
Thanks Dave! Yeah for sure going to start there. If I cant find anyone to make those spacers like Jerrys what do yall suggest?
The plates arent really needed. Most people never extend the links. I did it because i had the ability to do so. I just like having the sway bar arms close to level

If you really want them go to irv2 and search for TeJay. He pretty much took over the huge chf thread over there. Hes been making and selling them for about $50. Hes the one that came up with the plate idea in the first place

A local welding shop should be able to make them for you fairly easy. Heres a guide/ template for you. BUT use 2 pieces of 4" plate not 3 and 4. TeJay took this pic that he made for his. He already extended his link a bit so his plate didnt need as much lenght

Jerry Click image for larger version

Name:	tapatalk_1486783912428.jpeg
Views:	244
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	9130
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote