Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2018, 02:17 AM   #3681

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Very small mod after working on the step

I keep my tpms and cell on the arm rest by the jack control panel. They always move.

So i bought 2 business card holders. Fits both great easy $5 fix. Havent mounted them yet. Ill use museum putty to hold them in place

JerryAttachment 14051
Nice!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 02:34 AM   #3682

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #10254
Quote:
Very small mod after working on the step

I keep my tpms and cell on the arm rest by the jack control panel. They always move.

So i bought 2 business card holders. Fits both great easy $5 fix. Havent mounted them yet. Ill use museum putty to hold them in place

JerryAttachment 14051
That sounds like a good, but cheap answer.

You continue to educate me...I don't get out much, but I have never heard of museum putty before, but now I simply MUST get some!
Old 11-15-2018, 08:03 PM   #3683

Model: 2018 Newmar Canyon Star
State: California
THOR #6863
Quote:
Thanks fir posting this Kent. Glad it was an easy fix.

How was the overall trip. What did you guys do

Jerry
Hi Jerry...and I know Dino and Dave had asked, as well (and for anyone else interested) --

We left the 1st Tues in Oct. Went first to Bullhead City. Kind of a shake down, making sure that everything was running fine before we headed out to the middle of nowhere. From there, we went to the Grand Cyn for a couple nights, headed across AZ to Farmington, NM, where we stayed a couple days with some old church friends.

Then on across northern NM -- Hwy 64 is awesome in early Oct. with the aspens changing color. Even got a little snow! Stayed in Taos a couple nights; could've stayed longer! From there, we went across the OK panhandle, eventually dropping down into Pawnee where my wife's birth mother lives. (Great back story that I won't bore you with here.)

When we left OK, we headed back west, through Amarillo, waved to Dino (up in Lubbock) and angled back into southern NM, through Clovis and Roswell to get to Carlsbad, enjoying a few days there. Then back up to Artesia, NM and west thru Cloudcroft to drop out of the sky (almost literally!) into Alamogordo to enjoy the White Sands area.

Came back home via some restful stops in Yuma and San Diego. Returned home one month to the day from when we'd left. A great trip. Still amazed by the coordination between the V10 and the 6-speed transmission. Also, depending upon the day, we averaged anywhere from 6.8 to 8.8 mpg.

I'll include a few pics. Tap and enjoy!

Kent
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0000009502-01.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	14068   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181008_144521.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	14069  

Name:	20181022_133817.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	14070   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181022_171308.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	14071  

Name:	_MG_2230.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	14072   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181008_144457.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	338.3 KB
ID:	14073  

Name:	20181019_123726.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	14074   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181022_133930.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	14075  

ReadyBrute Elite towing & braking
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:14 PM   #3684

Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
Sounds and looks like a great trip glad to see another Windsport on here we seem to be the minority
Thanks for the report
Old 11-15-2018, 10:18 PM   #3685

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaMo View Post
Hi Jerry...and I know Dino and Dave had asked, as well (and for anyone else interested) --

We left the 1st Tues in Oct. Went first to Bullhead City. Kind of a shake down, making sure that everything was running fine before we headed out to the middle of nowhere. From there, we went to the Grand Cyn for a couple nights, headed across AZ to Farmington, NM, where we stayed a couple days with some old church friends.

Then on across northern NM -- Hwy 64 is awesome in early Oct. with the aspens changing color. Even got a little snow! Stayed in Taos a couple nights; could've stayed longer! From there, we went across the OK panhandle, eventually dropping down into Pawnee where my wife's birth mother lives. (Great back story that I won't bore you with here.)

When we left OK, we headed back west, through Amarillo, waved to Dino (up in Lubbock) and angled back into southern NM, through Clovis and Roswell to get to Carlsbad, enjoying a few days there. Then back up to Artesia, NM and west thru Cloudcroft to drop out of the sky (almost literally!) into Alamogordo to enjoy the White Sands area.

Came back home via some restful stops in Yuma and San Diego. Returned home one month to the day from when we'd left. A great trip. Still amazed by the coordination between the V10 and the 6-speed transmission. Also, depending upon the day, we averaged anywhere from 6.8 to 8.8 mpg.

I'll include a few pics. Tap and enjoy!

Kent

Great pics and trip report!!

Old 11-15-2018, 10:28 PM   #3686

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
I am seriously considering changing my existing tank monitoring system to the Seelevel II system Model 709!!

Curious to see if there are any members here on this forum that has already installed this system so that we can pick your brains before pulling the trigger!!

Well, I pulled the trigger and installed the SeeLevel II Tank Monitoring System, Model 709!! No more fouled readings from the black tank. The sensors provide a percentage reading for the fresh, grey, black and LPG tanks. You even get a battery reading too (see pic). Please note that I rearranged the overhead bunk controls with the SeeLevel II Monitor (Angie likes that!)

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SeeLevel II Monitor 11152018.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	14081  

Old 11-15-2018, 11:35 PM   #3687

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Did you only change the display or did you also change the sensors?
Old 11-15-2018, 11:54 PM   #3688

Model: 2018 Newmar Canyon Star
THOR #6863
Quote:
Well, I pulled the trigger and installed the SeeLevel II Tank Monitoring System, Model 709!! No more fouled readings from the black tank. The sensors provide a percentage reading for the fresh, grey, black and LPG tanks. You even get a battery reading too (see pic). Please note that I rearranged the overhead bunk controls with the SeeLevel II Monitor (Angie likes that!)

Good job, Dino.
Did you have to feed new lines from what I'm assuming are new sensors? Great idea for putting the monitor buttons lower so Angie can get to them. Thor really hit it out of the park when they decided to place that control panel way up there! At least they didn't put it behind the TV...or maybe they did and had to move them during production.

Cheers!
Kent
ReadyBrute Elite towing & braking
PapaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:21 AM   #3689

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
Did you only change the display or did you also change the sensors?
Yes, I changed the sensors too...the monitor will not work without the new sensors installed and programmed.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:24 AM   #3690

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaMo View Post
Good job, Dino.
Did you have to feed new lines from what I'm assuming are new sensors? Great idea for putting the monitor buttons lower so Angie can get to them. Thor really hit it out of the park when they decided to place that control panel way up there! At least they didn't put it behind the TV...or maybe they did and had to move them during production.

Cheers!
Kent
Good morning Kent...I did not have to feed new lines to the new sensors, the SeeLevel II system works with existing wires. Please watch the attached link!!

https://youtu.be/Z-SyklZWlVM

Old 11-16-2018, 01:52 PM   #3691

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandG View Post

You continue to educate me...I don't get out much, but I have never heard of museum putty before, but now I simply MUST get some!
In California it’s known as earthquake putty
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:14 PM   #3692

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandG View Post

You continue to educate me...I don't get out much, but I have never heard of museum putty before, but now I simply MUST get some! [emoji38][emoji38]
Got the museum putty at Amazon. Comes in small sheets divided into 1/2" or so squares. Just pull off a square and stick whatever you need sticking to it. Works to hang light things on the wall or used to stop rattles for things already hanging

Good thing is its removable. You can see on the bottom of one card holder i put some double stick tape. Attached tape to card holder but then decided on the putty.

Good stuff to have in the mh. Cheap and very useful

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:16 PM   #3693

THOR #2757
Quote:

The SeeLevel II tank monitoring system gives you significantly more accurate readings than than the stock monitor showing only E,1/3,1/2,3/4,F.
The SeeLevel shows precise percentages % of tank status, PLUS your house batteries actual voltage and propane tank level. You can also set each one to temporarily read continuous levels for a period of time. I use that feature when filling the fresh tank and when filling the black tank completely to flush it out (would never want to overfill that one!).
Another big advantage is that the SeeLevel sender strips are affixed to the outside of the tanks. Unlike the stock sending units that are inside the tank and exposed to the “stuff” that can stick to them and make them malfunction or read incorrectly, the SeeLevel outside sender strips stay untouched by tank “gunk”.

Oh, and I haven’t found any disadvantages at all after our first week of use. No issues thus far.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:33 PM   #3694
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
The SeeLevel II tank monitoring system gives you significantly more accurate readings than than the stock monitor showing only E,1/3,1/2,3/4,F.
The SeeLevel shows precise percentages % of tank status, PLUS your house batteries actual voltage and propane tank level. You can also set each one to temporarily read continuous levels for a period of time. I use that feature when filling the fresh tank and when filling the black tank completely to flush it out (would never want to overfill that one!).
Another big advantage is that the SeeLevel sender strips are affixed to the outside of the tanks. Unlike the stock sending units that are inside the tank and exposed to the “stuff” that can stick to them and make them malfunction or read incorrectly, the SeeLevel outside sender strips stay untouched by tank “gunk”.

Oh, and I haven’t found any disadvantages at all after our first week of use. No issues thus far.

What does the SeeLevel sensors look like? Are they just tape strips you put up the side of the tank (and connect to the existing sensor wires)?
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:01 PM   #3695

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
What does the SeeLevel sensors look like? Are they just tape strips you put up the side of the tank (and connect to the existing sensor wires)?
They are flexible strips with the circuitry on them. You can cut them to length (at about 1 inch increments). They stick on, but I firther secured them with some duct tape. Picture is the strip in my grey tank. Ideal connectors in the foreground are where I tapped into old tank wiring. All the sensors are effectively on one pair of wires.

I’ve had them installed for about 18 months and had no problems
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7C5FF9D9-8E2E-4029-B9F0-5EB66C8899D9.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	14121  
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:09 PM   #3696
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTransplant View Post
They are flexible strips with the circuitry on them. You can cut them to length (at about 1 inch increments). They stick on, but I firther secured them with some duct tape. Picture is the strip in my grey tank. Ideal connectors in the foreground are where I tapped into old tank wiring. All the sensors are effectively on one pair of wires.

I’ve had them installed for about 18 months and had no problems
Ah yeah I bet they use capacitance just like my http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...nsor-1177.html does. Although I don't think I paid for all my parts as much as the SeeLevel costs.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:11 PM   #3697

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Great job Dino
Old 11-18-2018, 12:21 AM   #3698

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Virginia
THOR #7607
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Yes.
Watch the video linked earlier.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:09 PM   #3699

Model: 2018 Hurricane 29M
THOR #11507
Quote:
Good morning Kent...I did not have to feed new lines to the new sensors, the SeeLevel II system works with existing wires. Please watch the attached link!!

https://youtu.be/Z-SyklZWlVM

Hey Dino, nice upgrade. I am assuming you have the same black and gray tanks as I, which have a protruding ledge. Where on the B & G tanks did you attach the strips, on the sides?
Thanks Roger
Old 11-18-2018, 04:30 PM   #3700

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhouse View Post
Hey Dino, nice upgrade. I am assuming you have the same black and gray tanks as I, which have a protruding ledge. Where on the B & G tanks did you attach the strips, on the sides?
Thanks Roger
Roger,
I spoke to Dino yesterday about this. And yes they go on the sides of the tanks

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote