Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-27-2017, 05:03 AM   #1261

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Tireminder tm-77 update.

I received the new monitor, 3 new sensors, and new booster. I mounted the new booster behind the rear license plate replacing the old one. Mounted the old booster under the front hood and wired it directly to the motor battery. I zip tied it to several wire looms and hoses.

Happy to say it worked great. Im back to being confident in the system.

This system has a new feature my old 400c did not have. I can press a buttom that clears all pressure and temps. It then resets showing the temps. I used to take each sensor off then reattach to get the cold temp. You do this before driving to make sure there were no leaks during the night.

The morning before leaving Kern i did the reset. The inside left rear tire showed 70 lbs and 140* temp. WFT i took the sensor off and it was to hot to hold. The sun was coming up and reflecting off the rim. After letting it cool down i reattached it and everything was good.

I talked to tireminder and was advised to spray paint the sensor caps with white paint.

The black caps absorb the morning sun and they wig out.

Ill paint them before my next trip and im also thinking about bringing my tire covers. Covering them would be better.

Great customer service from Todd at Tireminder.

Jerry

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #1262

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I keep my compressor in the compartment just behind the jack pump. I have the compressor in the front and the BBQ right next to it. I use a plastic ammo box to keep all my air chucks and accessories in, with the compressor in the corner and the ammo box in front of it nothing moves around. I also have several rubber backed bath mats in my compartment floors to hold down rattles and it keeps stuff from sliding around.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!!! Please take time to remember all our veterans who made this holiday possible! Be safe and have fun!
Old 05-27-2017, 06:44 PM   #1263

Model: Windsport. 35M
State: New York
THOR #6199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn62 View Post
Took the Windsport in to dealer for 5K mile lube, oil, filter today. I was advised of above titled recall. Told me it was brand new. I should be getting a letter. They took care of it today. Crank pulley bolt needs to be loosened and re-torqued. This is for 6.8L V10. I don't know if this is a VIN specific recall. My chassis is a 2017 year model built in September 2016. Did not see this on forum before. Tried a couple searches with negative results. FYI.
Received my letter today from Ford postmarked May 23rd. Recall might only be for 2017 year model chassis.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:18 PM   #1264

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
Everyone have a safe Memorial Day weekend and pray for the ones that gave
Love what you did to your MH! Happy Memorial Day!!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:56 PM   #1265

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
When I originally installed my Tire Minder I put the anti-theft covers on, when I get the coach back from service I'm going to take them off. The covers and little wrench are a PIA to use and can't really imagine theft is a problem. Jerry, I think the advice you got about painting white is a good idea, I'll probably do that too.

Should get our coach back from service this week. We're planning a trip to Galveston on the beach for 5 days starting the Friday before the 4th, lots of things I want to get done before then.

Again, hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!!!
Old 05-27-2017, 10:09 PM   #1266

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Utah
THOR #7349
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
Everyone have a safe Memorial Day weekend and pray for the ones that gave

Yes, indeed.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:05 AM   #1267

Model: Hurricane
THOR #6038
Cool Great ideas / under dining bench drawer

Thanks for these posts. I have a 29m Hurricane (2017) and it has storage under one of the dining benches. I saw on the larger MHs the "bench" was a large pull out drawer. Anyone know if that is doable on the 29m?

Also I organized under my bed and it's very handy: At the DOLLAR TREE store they sell very large "baggies" and they have handles on the top of each one. They have 3 sizes. The XXL holds a whole comforter. The XL holds a whole set of sheets and pillow cases and a pillow. I put a full set of sheets, blankets, pillows, etc in the bags, labeled the tops and they stand up nicely. I can reach in and grab the whole bag. I also store the cab table and pole there so it doesn't take up half of my closet. You could store anything in the bags and they are extremely sturdy. We use them for hoses etc as well in outside bins. They come 3 LARGE, 2 XLRG, or 1XXL for a buck! I bring lots of extras too.

Lastly my manual says that there is supposed to be gas struts to hold up the under bed storage. Service Dept checking on that. Anyone else have them?
Old 05-28-2017, 01:09 AM   #1268

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #4312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amespa View Post
Thanks for these posts. I have a 29m Hurricane (2017) and it has storage under one of the dining benches. I saw on the larger MHs the "bench" was a large pull out drawer. Anyone know if that is doable on the 29m?

Also I organized under my bed and it's very handy: At the DOLLAR TREE store they sell very large "baggies" and they have handles on the top of each one. They have 3 sizes. The XXL holds a whole comforter. The XL holds a whole set of sheets and pillow cases and a pillow. I put a full set of sheets, blankets, pillows, etc in the bags, labeled the tops and they stand up nicely. I can reach in and grab the whole bag. I also store the cab table and pole there so it doesn't take up half of my closet. You could store anything in the bags and they are extremely sturdy. We use them for hoses etc as well in outside bins. They come 3 LARGE, 2 XLRG, or 1XXL for a buck! I bring lots of extras too.

Lastly my manual says that there is supposed to be gas struts to hold up the under bed storage. Service Dept checking on that. Anyone else have them?

I installed the shocks under my bed but it only opens around 17" which isn't much. I'm gonna order a folding mattress from these guys
https://youtu.be/io5Ugc1kLis

Be a blessing to someone
Classictint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:28 AM   #1269

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Utah
THOR #7349
Thanks for the tip about Dollar Tree and the big storage.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:19 PM   #1270

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Spent part of my afternoon moving my TireMinder repeater from next to the battery compartment back closer to the rear axle. I ended up using zip ties and stringing it along another wire route and finally fixing it along a conduit about 4-5 feet in front of the axle. Of course, it seemed to work fine when just sitting there, but the test will be when we go on the road next month.

Although I don't think the Hurricane 35C rides poorly, I do want to do the CHF on both front and rear anti-sway bars as soon as the rain lets up. I would have done at least the front today but the rain came along and cut my work day short. We did find that cross winds seriously affect drivability when going across the plains earlier in April. That alone is reason enough to stiffen up the ride, since we plan to spend a lot of time heading to the Dakotas and west and back again to the East coast.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:23 PM   #1271

State: Arkansas
THOR #7152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmihalk View Post
Spent part of my afternoon moving my TireMinder repeater from next to the battery compartment back closer to the rear axle. I ended up using zip ties and stringing it along another wire route and finally fixing it along a conduit about 4-5 feet in front of the axle. Of course, it seemed to work fine when just sitting there, but the test will be when we go on the road next month.

Although I don't think the Hurricane 35C rides poorly, I do want to do the CHF on both front and rear anti-sway bars as soon as the rain lets up. I would have done at least the front today but the rain came along and cut my work day short. We did find that cross winds seriously affect drivability when going across the plains earlier in April. That alone is reason enough to stiffen up the ride, since we plan to spend a lot of time heading to the Dakotas and west and back again to the East coast.

did the CHF yesterday on our Windsport 29M, makes a world of difference..
Old 05-28-2017, 09:53 PM   #1272

THOR #3156
When you guys do the chf i would advise you to buy poly lube and remove the front and rear sway bars completely, lube the poly bushings, then reinstall the bars using blue loctite and torque all bolts to 66 lbs
FMCA # F464385
Old 05-28-2017, 09:54 PM   #1273

THOR #3156
Search poly lube or suoer lube for poly bushing on ebay. A small 4 tube set costs about $7
FMCA # F464385
Old 05-28-2017, 09:54 PM   #1274

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #4312
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
When you guys do the chf i would advise you to buy poly lube and remove the front and rear sway bars completely, lube the poly bushings, then reinstall the bars using blue loctite and torque all bolts to 66 lbs

Good to know. I'm gonna do mine next weekend !

Be a blessing to someone
Classictint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:58 PM   #1275

Model: Windsport. 35M
State: New York
THOR #6199
I did the CHF on my 35M 30 miles after I took delivery. I drive it one handed with 2 fingers most of the time. Passing trucks and busses don't bother it. Haven't driven in high crosswinds yet. I haven't towed with it yet.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:36 PM   #1276

Model: ACE 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #6007
Hi...I'm taking delivery of a 2018 ACE 29.3 in August.

I and/or need a CHF, safe t plus and have an alignment....I'd do the CHF and Safe t plus myslf but don't have the time as we want to be on the road :-)

The deliverying dealer is including the alignment at at a local (Elkhart, IN) shop as part of my purchase.

Question....my plan is to have STP and CHF done at one shop and alignment at another (paid by dealer).... advice would be appreciated... as unit will be on the rack I a wondering what add-on cost would be reasonable for adding the CHF to the safe t plus...or any members thoughts on a reasonable costs for the two-fer.

Importantly , which first? Alignment or CHf and stp

Thanks everyone.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:19 PM   #1277

State: Arkansas
THOR #7152
Jerry's Hurricane mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1912 View Post
Hi...I'm taking delivery of a 2018 ACE 29.3 in August.

I and/or need a CHF, safe t plus and have an alignment....I'd do the CHF and Safe t plus myslf but don't have the time as we want to be on the road :-)

The deliverying dealer is including the alignment at at a local (Elkhart, IN) shop as part of my purchase.

Question....my plan is to have STP and CHF done at one shop and alignment at another (paid by dealer).... advice would be appreciated... as unit will be on the rack I a wondering what add-on cost would be reasonable for adding the CHF to the safe t plus...or any members thoughts on a reasonable costs for the two-fer.

Importantly , which first? Alignment or CHf and stp

Thanks everyone.

alignment last and have a full water tank and fuel tank to help offset the fact that you dont have it loaded with supplies yet..

took me about 3 hours to do CHF and safe-t-plus, based on about $70/hr (guesstimate) labor if you pay less than $200 for both you're doing well..

jmho
Old 05-29-2017, 12:13 AM   #1278

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
I am glad I scoped it out before starting since my tool set didn't have a 15mm wrench or an 18mm deep socket. Went to Lowe's and got those, decided to pick up a torque wrench while I was there (and some blue Loctite) since I figured it would make the job much easier and to specs. I am also going to need a jack to get the sway bar into place - it looks like it will be a tight fit. I plan to get started first thing tomorrow after some breakfast.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:17 AM   #1279

Model: ACE 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #6007
Thanks Jmho, i think I understand. So lets say $200-300 for labor plus the safe t plus bar and brackets....I haven't checked in a month or so but the parts might be $450ish plus the labor.

Appreciate your advice re alignment.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:20 AM   #1280

THOR #3156
Imo do alignment first then safe t plus. Chf doesnt matter because alignment and stp doesnt not affect it.

I had stp install by dealer prior to picking it up. The alignment shop had to lossen it up to do the alignment. Took mulitply adjustments after to get it back drivibg straight.

Chf front and back took me about 1 hour to do.
FMCA # F464385