Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2017, 10:32 PM   #1641

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I spent about 20 minutes today playing with my new monitor. I first cleaned all the cameras then started again making adjustments on the monitor. After a lot of fine tuning I think I finally have the best picture I'm going to get. Obviously Thor does not use very high quality cameras and the video has very little color. Since I primarily use the rear camera I think at some point I will change to a better unit, probably one that had infrared for better night vision. I looked at the side cameras and have decided to leave them alone, it would be a major undertaking to change them.

Overall I have to say I am extremely happy with the monitor! Having a large screen that I don't have to lean over to see is great! One Big annoyance when driving with sunglasses is I had to lift them up to see the Axerra screen, I tried it today and can see the new screen perfectly. Worth every penny!!!

Old 06-27-2017, 10:40 PM   #1642

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Hey Dave,
In your menu section of the monitor do you see a setting for camera delay??? This is the amount of time the cameras will stay on when triggered. Mine are set for about 6 seconds, which is a little to long for me. After turning I would like it to go right back to the rear camera.

The instruction book show this option on the second menu page but my monutor only had 1 menu page not 2 the book shows.

I plan to call them tomorrow if i remember and ask about it.

Was just curious how your menu page looked.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:35 PM   #1643

THOR #5196
The manual was very minimal at best! I don't remember seeing any delay settings when I was going thru the onscreen menus and I went thru all of them more than once.

I didn't hook up the turn signal triggers only the backup per your suggestion. I have my screen set to display rear view on the full left side and side cameras in two squares on the right side. I use my mirrors a lot and don't really use the side cameras. I was always annoyed when using the original setup, losing the rear view with turn signals. In busy traffic I like to see when I have room to change lanes which is why I prefer the rear view. Being able to see all three at the same time is fantastic! I am glad I hooked up to switched power and not continuous like I had originally plannec

Let me know what they say, I'm wondering if there are possibly other options available that I didn't see on the screen.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:27 AM   #1644

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Academy graduation

Hello my friends...for those of you who were wondering, I am alive and kicking!!! Been busy getting ready for a quick trip to Oklahoma and participating in my graduation from the Lubbock Law Enforcement Citizens Academy Class 2017A. This was a 12 week course which gave local citizens an opportunity to interact with members of the Police Dept, Sheriff's Office and State Troopers. I enjoyed the ride alongs, helicopter flights, gun range, crime lab and driving course. If your city has a similar program I strongly recommend you volunteer to participate. I have always had a great respect for our law enforcement officers and what they do day in and day out and now my respect is even stronger!!!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:36 AM   #1645

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Hello my friends...for those of you who were wondering, I am alive and kicking!!! Been busy getting ready for a quick trip to Oklahoma and participating in my graduation from the Lubbock Law Enforcement Citizens Academy Class 2017A. This was a 12 week course which gave local citizens an opportunity to interact with members of the Police Dept, Sheriff's Office and State Troopers. I enjoyed the ride alongs, helicopter flights, gun range, crime lab and driving course. If your city has a similar program I strongly recommend you volunteer to participate. I have always had a great respect for our law enforcement officers and what they do day in and day out and now my respect is even stronger!!!!
awesome Dino

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:41 AM   #1646

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Quote:
That is awesome! We have a similar program in Virginia Beach and it is an eye opener.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:45 AM   #1647

Model: 2017 Windsport 34F
State: Michigan
THOR #7673
Quote:
That is great! More of these citizen academies are needed. Did you partake in shoot/no shoot scenarios?
Old 06-28-2017, 11:59 AM   #1648

THOR #2757
Quote:
Class picture attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1498617256067.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	5495  

Old 06-28-2017, 12:00 PM   #1649

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtroop View Post
That is great! More of these citizen academies are needed. Did you partake in shoot/no shoot scenarios?
Yes we did...stressful but an educational experience!

Old 06-28-2017, 01:12 PM   #1650

THOR #5196
Dino, that is absolutely AWSOME!!! Good for you! I'm sure you have a lot to contribute!!!

I'm like you, tremendous respect for our officers. I worked as a police officer for 5 1/2 years while going to college. I wrote a lot of papers parked under a gas station canopy late at night. I worked the bar district, only nights I didn't get at least 4 or more fight calls was Sunday when they were all closed. My hat is also off to Jerry for his many years of service! Go Blue!!!
Old 06-28-2017, 01:26 PM   #1651

THOR #5196
Busy morning. Jerry, here is how I did the grommet for the dash cover. I used an 1 3/4" grommet I got from Lowes, cut out a section and wedged it in place, did the same for the small section I cut from the inner dash. I thought I might have to use glue but it stayed in place.

Name:	IMG_2098.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	5496

Here is a picture of my "Command Center" (eat my dust Dino, lol)! I like having everything in easy sight so I don't have to take my eyes off the road.

Name:	IMG_2103.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	5497

Since I have a lot of devices I have wiring everywhere. I bought this multi plug from Amazon which has USB and 12v, it has an on/off button and a digital voltage readout. I mounted it under the dash cover and ran all my accessory wires thru the same grommet as the new monitor.

Name:	IMG_2096.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	5498

Name:	IMG_2102.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	5499

Name:	IMG_2101.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	5500
Old 06-28-2017, 01:42 PM   #1652

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Busy morning. Jerry, here is how I did the grommet for the dash cover. I used an 1 3/4" grommet I got from Lowes, cut out a section and wedged it in place, did the same for the small section I cut from the inner dash. I thought I might have to use glue but it stayed in place.
Attachment 5496

Here is a picture of my "Command Center" (eat my dust Dino, lol)! I like having everything in easy sight so I don't have to take my eyes off the road.
Attachment 5497

Since I have a lot of devices I have wiring everywhere. I bought this multi plug from Amazon which has USB and 12v, it has an on/off button and a digital voltage readout. I mounted it under the dash cover and ran all my accessory wires thru the same grommet as the new monitor.
Attachment 5498

Attachment 5499

Attachment 5500

Outstanding Dave! Well done!

Old 06-28-2017, 01:48 PM   #1653

THOR #5196
Quote:
Outstanding Dave! Well done!

Thank you!

Saw you were front and center in your class picture, that is just to cool!!!
Old 06-28-2017, 02:02 PM   #1654

THOR #2757
Quote:
Thank you!

Saw you were front and center in your class picture, that is just to cool!!!

Old 06-28-2017, 02:31 PM   #1655

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Took Mod in different direction DW wanted something special for our trip to Ft Wilderness
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1632.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	5501  

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:05 PM   #1656

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbenny View Post
Took Mod in different direction DW wanted something special for our trip to Ft Wilderness
Cute, I like that!!!
Old 06-28-2017, 04:12 PM   #1657

THOR #3156
Wanted to adjust the time delay on the new monitor for the cameras when triggered, left and right turn signals. Currectly they stay on for about 6 seconds after turning off the turn signal.

I called rear view safety and was told out monitor has a preset delay and can not be adjusted. Oh well tge delay is,a little annoying but i can live with it.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 06-28-2017, 04:18 PM   #1658

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Wanted to adjust the time delay on the new monitor for the cameras when triggered, left and right turn signals. Currectly they stay on for about 6 seconds after turning off the turn signal.

I called rear view safety and was told out monitor has a preset delay and can not be adjusted. Oh well tge delay is,a little annoying but i can live with it.

Jerry
At least now we know! Thanks for calling to check!
Old 06-28-2017, 06:03 PM   #1659

THOR #3156
Decided to make a couple loaves of sourdough bread yesterday. Its time consuming work. Prep, mixing, stretch and folds takes about 7-8 hours then over night in the fridge to proof. Cooked this morning for 40 minates at 450* came out very good.

Jerry

Name:	20170628_104235.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	5503
FMCA # F464385
Old 06-28-2017, 09:03 PM   #1660

Model: Ace 29.2
State: Georgia
THOR #6481
Quote:
Attachment 5496

Attachment 5497

Attachment 5498

Attachment 5499

Attachment 5500

Better check your state laws but the cams that were installed on your mirrors and wired to the dash radios are intended for backing not for use while driving down the road. The trucking industry has tried to get dot to let them use then so that they can make there trucks aerodynamic but they have not allowed them to....