Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2017, 03:40 PM   #1901

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Thor Vegas 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #7993
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
AC vent mod worked great lot more cold air out I also have a fan from Costco I could place it by the AC and direct all that cold air wherever I want in the motorhome cools it down really well
What AC vent mod are you referring to? I'd like to check it out. Thanks.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:41 PM   #1902

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Hi everybody I made it out of surgery feeling pretty good this morning I came home yesterday afternoon from the hospital the doctor only fused two vertebrae he said after doing those two it relieved a lot of pressure off the third vertebrae so it wasn't needed to be fused taking lots of meds but I feel pretty good actually slept pretty well last night thank goodness I got an adjustable bed a couple years ago because I have to sleep sitting up and it was quite comfortable I'll keep you updated as things go but for one day out and feeling pretty good
One day at a time Jerry! Speedy recovery my friend!!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:50 PM   #1903

Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #8249
Quote:
Hi everybody I made it out of surgery feeling pretty good this morning I came home yesterday afternoon from the hospital the doctor only fused two vertebrae he said after doing those two it relieved a lot of pressure off the third vertebrae so it wasn't needed to be fused taking lots of meds but I feel pretty good actually slept pretty well last night thank goodness I got an adjustable bed a couple years ago because I have to sleep sitting up and it was quite comfortable I'll keep you updated as things go but for one day out and feeling pretty good
Glad to hear your doing well. Keep up the good healing and follow Dr. Orders.
Wrpt58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 04:02 PM   #1904

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
THOR #5196
Quote:
Great news Jerry, super happy surgery went so well!!! Usually the second or third day is when the pain starts up, stay on top of it with your meds and don't wait till you're hurting bad to take something!

You'll be back to working on and driving the coach soon, time will go by quicker than you think!

Thanks for the update! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!! Dave
Old 07-28-2017, 06:39 PM   #1905

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Quote:
Great news just follow Docs instructions and you will be good don't over do it when you feel better I have been pain free after my lower back surgery (pins and screws) after a bad car accident

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:21 AM   #1906

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Iowa
THOR #4889
I spent an hour frustrating myself trying to update my user profile with pictures. Anyway , I have added a couple of security devices to my Windsport. A windshield camera that takes HD video as I drive and a set of 10 EEZ tpms for coach and toad. I have been reading on this site about the different tpms and finally decided to purchase the EEZ system.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:14 PM   #1907
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Hopefully you'll continue to feel good after the surgery anesthesia wears off. Hope you continue to have a speedy recovery.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:19 PM   #1908

Model: 2016 A.C.E. 30.1
State: South Carolina
THOR #5641
Has anyone used ScanGauge II? If so is it really worth the money? I have the ACE, V10.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:22 PM   #1909

THOR #5196
I have the Scan Gauge and like it! Gives lots of useful information, takes a while to figure out the menus but I would buy another one. Follow the instructions and setup is fairly easy.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:38 PM   #1910

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Iowa
THOR #4889
scan gauge

I have one on my Windsport that I had used on my previous coach. If you like to see how speed and or wind controls your MPG it will show you. Has I think 60+ different readouts. Don't think I will ever learn all the capabilities of it.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:10 PM   #1911

Model: 2016 A.C.E. 30.1
State: South Carolina
THOR #5641
I just finished with the sound proofing on the dog house using the Dynamat Xtreme and the Dynamat hood liner over that. It sure makes the dog house feel more solid. Of course my next trip isn't for awhile, so I don't know how well it works yet.
Old 07-30-2017, 12:58 AM   #1912

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
Has anyone used ScanGauge II? If so is it really worth the money? I have the ACE, V10.
While the info from the scanguage on fuel mileage is very useful, one of its more useful features is the ability to read the engine codes and to reset the engine computer and the engine light. I have used that feature several times rather than taking it to a garage for a spurious engine light.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:28 AM   #1913

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
What AC vent mod are you referring to? I'd like to check it out. Thanks.
Jerry just had surgery so I'll answer for him, don't think he'll mind.

The AC mod involves adding a round vent to to exhaust end of the inside cover to increase airflow, works great and does make a difference. You can order the white rotating vents from Amazon.

Remove the inside vent cover, mark and cut hole, install the vent with four screws, reinstall the inside cover. Easy to do, takes about 30 min for each AC. Here is a picture of finished project.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2044.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	6105
Old 07-30-2017, 03:45 PM   #1914

THOR #7993
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Jerry just had surgery so I'll answer for him, don't think he'll mind.

The AC mod involves adding a round vent to to exhaust end of the inside cover to increase airflow, works great and does make a difference. You can order the white rotating vents from Amazon.

Remove the inside vent cover, mark and cut hole, install the vent with four screws, reinstall the inside cover. Easy to do, takes about 30 min for each AC. Here is a picture of finished project.

Attachment 6105
Thanks SuperD, I'm gonna do this. How do you get the AC cover off? Is that the same kind of vent that are in the ceiling in the bedroom, bathroom, etc?
Old 07-30-2017, 07:16 PM   #1915

THOR #5196
Quote:
Thanks SuperD, I'm gonna do this. How do you get the AC cover off? Is that the same kind of vent that are in the ceiling in the bedroom, bathroom, etc?
Remove the two filter covers, one on each side, they snap on and off. Under the filters are four screws, one in each corner, remove the screws and cover will come down. The vents are similar to the ceiling vents.

Here is the link to the vents on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-30-2017, 07:49 PM   #1916

THOR #7993
Thanks a ton, just ordered one.

I'm a poet and don't know it.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:29 PM   #1917

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Remove the two filter covers, one on each side, they snap on and off. Under the filters are four screws, one in each corner, remove the screws and cover will come down. The vents are similar to the ceiling vents.

Here is the link to the vents on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just ordered 2, one for the main living area AC and one for the bedroom AC. Looking forward to even more cold air!
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:51 PM   #1918

THOR #5196
Quote:
Thanks a ton, just ordered one.

I'm a poet and don't know it.
Lol! Then vent comes in two pieces, a mounting ring with four holes for screws mounting, and the rotating vent which snaps in. Use the mounting ring as a template for drawing your cutout circle. Drill inside the hole with a 3/8" bit, then use a jigsaw to cut the hole out. I put painters tape on my jigsaw to keep from scratching the cover. Line up your mounting ring, mark the screw holes and drill for a #8 screw, use a panhead stainless screw 1/2 or 3/4" long.

Be sure you cut the hole in the exhaust end of the cover which is normally at the rear. Use the picture I posted as a reference.

Glad to help both of you and hope the mod works well for you!
Old 07-31-2017, 01:18 AM   #1919

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Trip to arlington, tx

Went to Arlington, TX this weekend to watch the Texas Rangers!! Had a blast!!

Enjoy the pictures!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170729_185453.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	6136   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170729_184536.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	6137  

Name:	20170729_173556.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	6138   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170729_173632.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	6139  

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:23 AM   #1920

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Went to Arlington, TX this weekend to watch the Texas Rangers!! Had a blast!!

Enjoy the pictures!

Sounds fun!!!