Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2016, 01:25 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE
State: Washington
THOR #4257
Air Conditioning Drips Down The Side of My Rig

When I run my air conditioner, I get condensation dripping down the side and or front of my Tuscany XTE. Has anyone ever found a way to redirect the condensation? If so what did you use and do you have any photos?

Old 10-21-2016, 01:38 AM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I haven't done it but talked to someone who has. Said he got some of the stick on plastic gutter from Camping World and made a dam around the AC with run-off opening on the side. If it always runs off the front I would check the level on your coach. If the front is low you can recalibrate the sensor to make the front a little higher. I would worry about the dam plugging up and dripping back inside the coach. When I had my Tuscany the condensation always ran off the left side slide topper.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:26 AM   #3

State: Washington
THOR #4257
Thanks, mine will vary depending on the site. And how picky I am with leveling. Usually it runs off the passanger side and down the awning if extended. I would like to direct to an undetermined (at this time) location. Hopefully somewhere where it misses any windows or drips down the side paint. I feel that I might also need to add some sort of gutters. Just looking to see if anyone has a good solution.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:33 PM   #4

Model: Thor Tuscany 40DX
State: Colorado
THOR #5043
Also a problem with a light rain. I'm going to try putting a clothespin on the drains that extends the drip point away from the coach. You can get either plastic or wood pins at Wally World cheap. Seems worth a try?
Old 10-22-2016, 01:54 PM   #5

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
I have discovered that my Challenger doesn't have "gutters" along each side either. Our last 5th wheel had them and we installed plastic extenders on the openings to shoot the run-off out away from the coach. I haven't decided if I want to install little gutters down each side yet or just something close to each air.

I know always being in warmer temps we will have to do something soon.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:10 PM   #6

State: California
THOR #2511
I ran a bead of self-leveling caulking around the front air conditioner and down both sides of the roof so that the condensation drips off the back,of the rig. With the front and passenger side of the rig slightly elevated by manually adjusting the leveling system, it seems to work well most of the time